Profile for em29 > Reviews

Mini Wooden Pegs, Plain, 100pk
Mini Wooden Pegs, Plain, 100pk
Offered by LAIXU HK SHIPPING

4.0 out of 5 stars Very mini, 3 Jan. 2015
Very happy with these, though beware, they are TINY, definitely more mini than I expected from the description. These were originally intended to hold up photos, but are probably more appropriate for arts and crafts, and use on handmade cards etc.

maxbuy - Vintage Denim Style Unisex Fashionable Casual School Travel Shoulder Backpack Bag with Laptop Compartment / 43cm(H)*32cm(W)*17cm(T) (blue)

3.0 out of 5 stars was good quality, though I had to return mine as ..., 3 Jan. 2015
This item arrived promptly, was good quality, though I had to return mine as the laptop compartment was too small for my Sony VAIO. Probably useful for books and tablets etc but not for laptops.

NIV E100 Bible: Your journey through the Bible in 100 readings (New International Version)
by New International Version

5.0 out of 5 stars Great daily Bible reading, 23 Feb. 2013
I bought the E100 Bible to help me read sections of the Bible every day, and get me more motivated to dig into God's Word. I found each of the 100 readings a manageable size, and the notes/response sections paired with each reading were really helpful too. I'm not yet at the end of my 100 essential readings, but would recommend this as a tool to aid you in Bible study in your 'quiet' times with God. Obviously, because it's only 100 readings, not the entire Bible is covered, but the 100 readings give more than a decent overview of many key - namely 'essential' - readings.

Willkommen German Beginner's Course: Coursebook 2ED Revised
Willkommen German Beginner's Course: Coursebook 2ED Revised
by Paul Coggle

2.0 out of 5 stars Expected better, 4 Jan. 2013
Okay, so I purchased Wilkommen!: Coursebook to be used in conjunction with a beginner's German class, and have to say that I expected better.

While delivery was swift and the price seemed reasonable, I found the lack of explanation and activities in the book frustrating. Granted, you can purchase a separate activity book which may be of more use, but that seems an inconvenient extra expense.

Outside of class, using this book to progress and recap was an uphill battle, the opposite of what it should have been. Most of the pages are filled with pictures and cartoons which are all very well if you are, say, 10 years old, but the actual educational quality of this product in isolation is poor. All of the instructions for activities and questions are mostly in German, and if you have no German teacher to translate, this becomes tedious. The most useful pages in the textbook were the grammar and vocab sections at the end of each chapter, but these are hard to digest in one go, despite being a useful tool. Despite these sections being intended for recap, I consistently found myself reaching them and thinking 'I've actually never come across these words before in the book'. Not great.

Granted, if you possess an amazing German teacher, this product may work better for you than not. For self-educating however, I would not recommend this product unless you are willing to invest in the activity book too. Could you learn German from this book alone? Nope. Could you learn it using this book with other resources and lessons? Probably. For a reputable textbook though, I expected more.