Profile for PWS > Reviews

PWS "diamonds2"

Kodak EasyShare DX7440 Digital Camera [4Mp, 4x Optical]
Kodak EasyShare DX7440 Digital Camera [4Mp, 4x Optical]

5.0 out of 5 stars What a price!! and brilliant, 12 May 2005
This is really great. I was worried because I already had a Kodak cx6200 for ebay etc.
The software wouldn't load due to ,apparently, a Microsoft update , but the Kodak website [...]
downloaded the update(maybe I didn't need it), in 3 minutes, so now both cameras work together.
I was thinking of spending 600 or 700 pounds on a decent camera, but this will keep me going for a while yet!
Thanks Kodak"!!!

Ukulele Orchestra Of Great Britain - The Secret Of Life (Music CD)
Ukulele Orchestra Of Great Britain - The Secret Of Life (Music CD)

5.0 out of 5 stars Proper music, 1 Feb. 2005
At last the big boys are selling this music. I've played a uke for 30 years, but this takes the instrument to new heights.
In addition it is simply a lovely album to listen to. I had five great albums for Xmas, but bought this myself, and it is the best of the lot!
You know when you like music because you hum it all day, and, "The Secret of Life" is one of those.
Regards Peter

All Quiet on the Orient Express
All Quiet on the Orient Express
by Magnus Mills

4.0 out of 5 stars Light hearted and restful, 2 Feb. 2000
The naivety of the book's subject does make you angry as you progress through the book. However , it does capture a very wholesome feel of country living which kept me awake long into the small hours. One for the beach.
Regards PWS

The Shipping News
The Shipping News
by Annie Proulx

5.0 out of 5 stars New ideas on what it's like to live in Newfoundland, 2 Feb. 2000
This review is from: The Shipping News (Paperback)
I'm cheating , because my wife has been waking me up every morning telling me about this book. Apparently, it's totally funny and totally horrible. I don't know anymore, but as she was totally hooked on it, ( and she reads a lot,), and disturbed me in my readings, it has to be my next read.
Regards PWS