Profile for 2Angels > Reviews

Christmas
Christmas
Offered by A ENTERTAINMENT

5.0 out of 5 stars This is CHRISTMAS!, 27 Nov. 2011
This review is from: Christmas (Audio CD)
This cd is truly amazing (although lets face it when you buy a Mr Buble cd you know that you are going to fall in love with it!). The magical and warm Christmas feelings this cd evokes is just priceless! I have many Christmas cd's but have to say that this is indeed my favourite and is stunning. As like his other cd's Michael puts his own spin on each song and makes them his own. I cannot recommend this cd enough, if not just for the festive feeling it exudes! (shhh! don't tell anyone but I shall be playing this cd all year round). As like previous reviewers, I did purchase this cd from a well known supermarket chain due to the extra tracks and the DVD included! Lets face it the more tracks you get on a cd of Mr Buble is well worth it, every little helps, as they say!

Davina - Ultimate Target (New for 2012) [DVD]
Davina - Ultimate Target (New for 2012) [DVD]
Dvd ~ Davina McCall

5.0 out of 5 stars Divinely Davina!!, 24 Nov. 2011
As with the other reviewers, I feel it necessary to raise the one star rating left by the initial reviewer, who has not actually seen or used this dvd due to it not being available until the 5th Dec. I myself haven't seen it either, but know without a shadow of a doubt that this workout dvd (which I am about to order myself) will be just as effective as all her others which I own and use religiously. Davina is an institution and one that I absolutely love! Her approach to fitness is refreshing and effective and more than that inspiring. She, along with Jackie and Mark, make you feel as though you are part of their training session, not just watching them on a TV screen. And the best thing is that you actually get some results from doing these DVD's. Davina gets that we are not all supermodels and we don't all have days with endless hours of nothing stretched ahead - she actually understands that some of us have jobs and children or whatever which we have to work round and I find her DVD's allow me to still maintain a shape I am happy with whilst juggling a part time job and looking after two young children! So thank you Davina and keep up your good work because God knows without you I think I would be insane and definitely out of shape! Heres to the next DVD!

Well since the above I now have the dvd and I am not disappointed. It is wel up to Davina's usal standard if not more so and I absolutely love it. I would say this is the most challenging dvd so far, especially the first section which does push you to the limit. I really feel like I have worked out after doing this dvd, I feel the same as if I have been to one of my gym sessions. Jackie and Mark make the dvd too and push you just that little bit more.

Definitely one for the workout collection and one I will be reaching for over and over again!

More Than You Know
More Than You Know
by Matt Goss

5.0 out of 5 stars Could not put it down!, 2 Oct. 2011
This review is from: More Than You Know (Paperback)
This has got to be one of my favourite books of all time. Matt is such a genuine and warm person and is one of my idols. Matt bares his heart and soul in this book and takes you through his highs and lows of his life. I could not put this book down and was quite bereft when I finished it! Please do yourself a favour and read this book. You will see that he is more than a teen idol from the 80's and is a musical genius with so much talent and thankfully much more to bring to the table. I look forward to the next instalment.

Early Side of Later
Early Side of Later
Offered by A ENTERTAINMENT

5.0 out of 5 stars Pure Magic, 2 Oct. 2011
This review is from: Early Side of Later (Audio CD)
I have loved this cd ever since I purchased it back in 2004! It is so quirky and seems as fresh today as it did back then. Matt always wears his heart on his sleeves through his music and for this I thank him. This cd is briming full of absolute treasures. I feel sorry for the people who don't have this in their collection - what pure utter magic they are missing. Every track stands out on its own and is sung with emotion. Definitely a must for your collection.

GOSSY
GOSSY
Offered by Music Soup

5.0 out of 5 stars Pure Perfection, 2 Oct. 2011
This review is from: GOSSY (Audio CD)
The thing is you know that whatever Matt Goss puts his mind to he will put his heart and soul into it and give it 150% and the rest! This cd is testiment to him. Every song on this cd is sung from the heart and is of some past experience he has gone through and you can feel his pain, feel his joy and enjoy his happiness etc as if you were going through it with him. I love this cd. And the fact that you get a whole 18 tracks is just pure deliciousness! Matt's voice is just pure magic and is up there with the greats. Finally the world is waking up to Matt Goss thankfully due to his Vegas residency! Hurrah. Thanks Matt for this absolutely fantastic cd and can't wait for the next which I know he is currently working on.

Chantelle's Boot Camp Workout - Chantelle Houghton [DVD]
Chantelle's Boot Camp Workout - Chantelle Houghton [DVD]
Dvd ~ Chantelle Houghton
Offered by ReNew Entertainment

5.0 out of 5 stars No Messing, no thrills workout - does what it says on the tin!, 12 July 2011
This dvd really went beyond my expectations. I am a regular gym goer and also regularly workout to dvd's so would consider myself fairly fit. Even from the start, in the warm up section, I really felt my heartrate excel and it could easily have been the cardiac section I was completing due to the exertion. Next was the stretch section. This was not too long but effective and following that was the upper body workout which incorporated lunges, squats etc. By the end of this section my legs were shaking and like I said I do consider myself fairly fit. Next was the upperbody workout. Chantelle and Ben Price used water bottles as weights, whereas I did use my own weights, until it just got too much and I quickly changed these to tins of spaghetti! Very effective concentrating on triceps, biceps, chest etc. Heart rate racing throughout all of these sections and could really feel myself working out hard. Upperbody combined with lowerbody was the next section, again an effective section which left with no doubt I was definitley working out. The cardio section is a little short, however, if you so wished you could do it twice. I did really like this section. Finally the abs section (quite a killer) and the cool down stretch. Ben Price is a no fuss instructor. Does what he sets out to do with no messing and Chantelle barely utters a word, she just leaves it up to Ben and then she closes each section with a short comment. All in all one to get if you want to feel like you have done a workout session. I am definitely aching today but it is well worth it.

Memoirs Of An Imperfect Angel
Memoirs Of An Imperfect Angel
Offered by westworld-

5.0 out of 5 stars A little gem!, 10 July 2011
I have to be honest but I sort lost track of Mariah since from her No 1's Album. I remember buying her debut album on cassette when I was about 14/15, after having a school girl broken heart (lol!!!)many moons ago, and thereafter bought her other albums up to No.1's but from then on for whatever reason she went off of my radar. I am baffled as to why. However, after my usual trawl on Amazon recenlty, something made me search Mariah Carey music and listen to some of the samples on the download section and now I am making it my mission to buy all her cd's I don't have thus buying this one.

I am quite baffled by some of the reviews on here for this cd. I genuinely love this cd and feel that it has quite a relaxing, chilling ambience. I am sure Mariah did not actually release this as a 'commercial' cd as another reviewer pointed out below. She seems to sing from the heart and give it her all. There are not really any upbeat tracks on this cd but they all get under your skin. Her voice really, as far as i am concerned, is on form and what a truly amazing instrument it is!

It won't be everyones cuppa but I am glad its mine.

Killer Love
Killer Love
Offered by b68solutions

5.0 out of 5 stars ....well I LOVE IT!, 9 April 2011
This review is from: Killer Love (Audio CD)
I wanted this cd and was waiting for its release date, although after reading some of the reviews here I must confess I was ummming and ahhhing about whether to. However, I love Nicole's voice and have the Pussy Cat Doll albums and I was lucky to have this bought me for my Mother's Day present (although to be fair I did pick it myself)...and I say lucky because I absolutely love it and in my humble opinion every track stands out on its own.

The first time I listened to it I was obviously familiar with Poison, Don't Hold Your Breath & Heartbeat, but the other tracks I had not heard before (apart from the snippets on Amazon of each track which don't really give you a true insight into the track) and to be fair I was not sure what to think, I knew there were some great upbeat tracks which had some great hooks and a few slower tracks but to be honest after the first play there was not a track from the songs I hadn't heard that made me think 'wow'. However, something made me think this is definitely a grower (and in my experience the growers are the cd's that you listen to most of the time from there on in) and I am absolutely happy to say that after the second play and familiarity had stepped in and then the third play, that was it I was hooked. I have had it in my car constantly since Mother's Day and my two young children love it too! Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and if we all had the same taste in music it would be a boring old world but in my, as I said, humble opinion this is a FANTASTIC album and I for one can't wait to hear Ms Scherzinger next album!! It has definitely gotten under my skin and I find myself, at the most bizarre times, singing or humming away to one of tracks from the album which is in my head at that time! Thanks Nicole for a great soundtrack to my Mothers Day!!!

Michael Jackson: Before He Was King
Michael Jackson: Before He Was King
by Todd Gray

5.0 out of 5 stars Truly Beautiful, 21 Dec. 2010
I was so happy to receive ths book for a birthday present being a Michael Jackson fan. It truly is a gorgeous book with beautiful pictures of Michael, as the book says, before he was king. It is such a bitter-sweet book and the pictures seem to depict him at a more happier time in his life. Many people tend to forget Michael Jackson before fame took its toll on him and this book is a simple and lovely reminder of a truly kind, talented and awe-inspiring young man. This book is mainly a picture book, however, there is some text from the author/photographer of the book which gives you little snippets of information surrounding how the author/photographer came to take these pictures of his subject. There is no hidden agenda here just someone wishing to share wonderful pictures they have taken of an amazing person. A fitting tribute to the King of Pop and one I will cherish always.

Michael Jackson: The Making of "Thriller": 4 Days/1983
Michael Jackson: The Making of "Thriller": 4 Days/1983
by Douglas Kirkland

5.0 out of 5 stars Exquisite!, 19 Dec. 2010
This book is just beautiful. The pictures are just breath-taking! I received it for my birthday and when I had the chance to sit and study the pictures and the text I did find myself having a tear or two. It is a wonderful insight to the making of the Thriller short film and the pictures of Michael Jackson are just stunning. The book makes you feel as though you are a fly on the wall and the sheer quality of the book is exquisite - the hologram on the front cover is just the cherry on the top in my opinion! Every fan should have this book in their Michael Jackson collection - it truly is a celebration of a wonderful human being and a trip down memory lane.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7