Profile for Indra > Reviews

Content by Indra

Indra "cupcakes" (MANCHESTER, UK)

Page: 1 | 2
X LARGE PURPLE AUBERGINE FAUX FUR THROW MINK BLANKET 200X240 CM SOFA BED EXTR...
Offered by home-living

5.0 out of 5 stars beautiful soft warm throw..., 2 Dec. 2014
this is a very large throw and a deep purple colour - the shade in the picture looks lighter than it actually is and i love the colour. The feel is very very soft and cosy and warm and 2 people can snuggle up together. I also use it as a top layer on my bed - over the quilt. It gives extra warmth. Some have left a review stating the the fur sheds but this is not true in my case. It is perfectly fine and I am totally happy with this throw. I will be buying another one soon. And also recommended my sister to get one. I have not washed this throw, so I do not know how it will be once I have done it and I will update this review after that.
Highly recommended and I really should have got one earlier. This throw is warm enough that I do not have to have my heating on high or for long hours.

Cadbury Composite Fairtrade Drinking Chocolate, 2kg (Pack of 2)
Cadbury Composite Fairtrade Drinking Chocolate, 2kg (Pack of 2)

5.0 out of 5 stars yummy !!! well worth the money, 1 Dec. 2013
the items were packaged well and i got 2 tins of 2kg each of hot chocolate and its really yummy. This will last for ages, and having a cup of hot choc during cold winter nights is just a comfort beyond words. Its much much much cheaper than getting the smaller tins in the local supermarkets and right now, when money is tight, bulk buying for a cheaper price is just what i need.
definitely will recommend to everyone who loves a cup of hot choc..... i will definitely be buying again.

Witchy, Witchy (Spellbound Trilogy Book 1)
Witchy, Witchy (Spellbound Trilogy Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars A very good book, 26 Dec. 2012
I simply adore this book. I would recommend it to anyone who asks me to read a good book. It is brillllllliant.

Scratch and Guess Logo
Scratch and Guess Logo

4.0 out of 5 stars great app, 23 Dec. 2012
This review is from: Scratch and Guess Logo (App)
Fun game. Good time passing. Have to know the logos and there are 100s of them. Will definitely recommend. Enjoyed making the guesses.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars bye bye nitssss.., 20 Sept. 2012
i noticed nits on my 10 year old girl's hair and wanted to get rid of it once and for all. i found this comb in a pharmacy and bought it although it was quite dear - it doesn't use and chemicals which can be harmful. i combed thru the hair a few times and blimey, every single one of the eggs came off and no itchiness anymore. its one of the best products - much better than the cheaper ones and its well worth the money.

Ukala Women's Sydney High Boots
Ukala Women's Sydney High Boots
Price: £27.66 - £75.00

1.0 out of 5 stars not worth it, 6 Feb. 2012
i bought this during Black Friday week - at first, i was very pleased with it at the beginning and my daughter liked it. However, i was in the impression that these boots are water proof.. UNFORTUNATELY NOT. My daughter used it yesterday when it snowed and her socks were soaked wet. i did request for the item to be returned but was refused. I will not be buying this brand again.

**** DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY BUYING THESE BOOTS - ITS REALLY NOT WORTH IT IF YOU ARE PLANNING TO USE IT WHEN IT SNOWS ****

HOSTILE WITNESS (Thriller/legal thriller): A Josie Bates Thriller (The Witness Series Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars a page turner, 12 Dec. 2011
this is a free download for kindle and once started reading, i could not put the book down.. its brilliantly written and definitely a page turner.
those who likes john grisham , will be happy to read this book.
i have just downloaded the next book in the series.. can't wait to start reading it...

Curry: Classic and Contemporary
Curry: Classic and Contemporary
by Vivek Singh

5.0 out of 5 stars try it and you will love it....., 5 Jan. 2011
I own many cookbooks and recently, I purchased this book and tried the hyderabad lamb briyani - well, i used chicken instead of lamb. There was some preparation to be done but it was worth the time and effort put into it. Don't use the bought ginger and garlic paste - make your own - don't take short cuts and you will have the most brilliant meal. My friends were raving about it. But you do need to have the proper pot to cook the briyani as the rice is cooked by steaming and there should be enough space in the pot for the steam to be built in order for the rice to be cooked.
THE END RESULT - BEAUTIFUL FLUFFY BIRYANI RICE - the rice is not clumpy at all. AND THE CHICKEN AT THE BOTTOM OF THE POT TASTED BEAUTIFUL.

Will be trying some of his other recipes soon....

Bamix Deluxe Hand Held Food Processor, Silver, 160 Watt
Bamix Deluxe Hand Held Food Processor, Silver, 160 Watt
Offered by Want Gifts Limited

5.0 out of 5 stars life in the kitchen with my BAMIX, 29 April 2010
The BAMIX that I have is the Bamix Swissline Silver which comes with the wet/dry blender. It has a sturdy holder and space to put the attachments at the back.

BAMIX - what can i say ( i have had it for 2 months ) - I use to have a Phillips 600w hand blender and the motor stopeed working.So, I did a search on the available handblenders and found BAMIX. Although its very dear for a handheld blender, I am very glad I invested in it. Its heavy and does exactly what it says on the box. Its on my worktop and I use it at least 3 to 5 times a week.
I manages to whisk egg whites for my swiss roll in a less than 5 minutes which should say something.
I am able to bring the blender into simmering soups to smoothen it and it doesn't splash all over the place. ITS BRILLIANT.

I have pureed tomatoes, garlic, ginger, chilles, onions etc etc.
And, I have blended cinnamon sticks, cardamon pods, cumin seed and various other spices to a fine powder. Its ace.
I have done smoothies, crushed ice for slurrrppss - whatever the kids call them and various flavoured mayonnaise. i was never able to do these with my previous hand blender and i am absolutely glad that I bought the BAMIX.

This gadget does not take up much space in my kitchen,- i have a fairly small kitchen and this works well.

If there is a handheld blender that you want to buy - then, invest in BAMIX - YOU WILL NOT BE DISSAPPOINTED.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 17, 2013 6:03 PM GMT

Anjum's New Indian
Anjum's New Indian
by Anjum Anand

5.0 out of 5 stars well worth the money, 27 April 2010
This review is from: Anjum's New Indian (Hardcover)
i have had this book for sometime now and recently, i tried a few of the recipes and it turned out beautiful. I am of malaysian-sri lankan origin and so, I modified some of the recipes in there to create a difference. And, i am not dissappointed with the result.

Anyone who wants to have a go at curries, this is the book they should get. Its almost authentic but you can add a twist to it - use your imagination and go wild.

Page: 1 | 2