Profile for graham cole > Reviews

River Deep-Mountain High
River Deep-Mountain High
Offered by A2Z Entertains

5.0 out of 5 stars graham cole, 17 May 2013
ike and tinas early stuff here. and good it is too! its really nice to finally hear the proper ORIGINAL version of "a love like yours" to often on compilations of ike and tina its usually an inferior re-recording. buy this and enjoy.

Phonetically Speaking - And Don't Forget The Piano!
Phonetically Speaking - And Don't Forget The Piano!

5.0 out of 5 stars graham cole, 15 May 2013
what can you say. the master at work. this guy has done this same act for around forty years. I never tire of inflationary language or phonetic punctuation (both on here) which are classics and still funny even though ive heaed them countless times. the recording quality is the best ive heard. if you like Danish lunacy BUY IT.

SHIP THAT ROCKED THE WORLD
SHIP THAT ROCKED THE WORLD
by Umi (Tom Lodge)

5.0 out of 5 stars graham cole, 15 May 2013
although I have not read this book yet. I have looked at a few pages and pictures and it looks like its going to be a good read as are most books ive bought about offshore radio. if like me you lived through this period (1960s) then youll like this book. there is also a nice list at the end of this book listing hits helped by offshore radio. a cracking read grommet !!!!!

Love Devotion Surrender
Love Devotion Surrender

5.0 out of 5 stars grahamcole, 14 May 2013
This review is from: Love Devotion Surrender (Audio CD)
two of the best guitarists in the world get together on one album.this is guitar heaven and should be in everyones collection.my favourite track is "a love supreme" but all tracks have much to like.santana fans should have this on their to buy list.

ShipRocked: Life on the Waves with Radio Caroline
ShipRocked: Life on the Waves with Radio Caroline
by Steve Conway

5.0 out of 5 stars graham cole, 14 May 2013
ive yet to start reading it but 99% of all books I have on offshore radio have been good. it includes al the history right up to ross ending up on the Goodwin sands.if you an anorack then buy it and enjoy. pirate radio should still rule it would be better that the lousy commercial radio we have at present.

I'm Sorry I Haven't A Christmas Clue (I'm Sorry I Haven't a Clue)
I'm Sorry I Haven't A Christmas Clue (I'm Sorry I Haven't a Clue)
by Humphrey Lyttelton
Edition: Audio CD

5.0 out of 5 stars graham isihac cole, 14 May 2013
what can I say! mrs trellis of north wales loves the programme and so does about 3 or 4 million others. I heard this back in 2003 and its superb the 2nd cd is excerpts of other xmas clues.im sure lionel blair loves it too. BUY IT if you have any sense of humour. but don't expect any rules of mornington crescent!!

Psychedelic Shack & All Directions
Psychedelic Shack & All Directions

5.0 out of 5 stars graham cole, 10 May 2013
superb soul from the temps. both albums 10/10. packaging is rather poor (a very thin and nasty funny opening case) two albums on one cd. the highlight for me is the full near twelve minute "papa was a rolling stone" which is mindblowing good. if you do not have this album in your collection---then you are a naughty boy(or girl)

Metamorphosis
Metamorphosis

5.0 out of 5 stars graham "iron" cole, 10 May 2013
This review is from: Metamorphosis (Audio CD)
most butterfly fans are well aware of "gadda" but this group has a couple of additions to the group. all tracks are good so its worth buying by any ib fan. anybody who has a good sound system should play butterfly bleu very loud. then carefully remove your speaker cones from the opposite wall. WHAT A BASSLINE! great album buy it today.but buy iagdv too.

The Golden Age of American Rock'n'Roll - Special Novelty Edition
The Golden Age of American Rock'n'Roll - Special Novelty Edition

3.0 out of 5 stars graham cole, 10 May 2013
it only gets 3 stars because although there are many good tracks on it there about a dozen average ones. however it does contain Kenny everetts no 1 worlds worst record. "I want my baby back" which is worth the price of admission alone! a classic in bad taste.

The Best of the Bothy Band
The Best of the Bothy Band
Offered by Music-Shop

5.0 out of 5 stars graham bothy cole, 10 May 2013
this is good too (I also ordered planxty) its a little more restrained than plaxty but none the worse for that. buy it and I know like it but try plaxty too!!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-12