Profile for Ernest Mann > Reviews

Content by Ernest Mann

Ernest Mann

Heracles: Bastard. Murderer. Hero.
Heracles: Bastard. Murderer. Hero.

4.0 out of 5 stars new take on an ancient fable, 4 July 2015
Lacey takes us into the world of myth &legend with humor & dark realism. a must for lovers of myth & fantasy or simply for those who want to try a great new writer with something new to offer.

Hard Times (Penguin Classics)
Hard Times (Penguin Classics)
by Charles Dickens

4.0 out of 5 stars A great classic. Very relevant for our times, 17 Feb. 2015
A great classic . Very relevant for our times

Escape (The Pina Colada Song)
Escape (The Pina Colada Song)

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 16 Sept. 2014
An amazing song that will brighten even the darkest of moods.

Through My Eyes
Through My Eyes

5.0 out of 5 stars A brilliant read!, 26 Aug. 2014
This review is from: Through My Eyes (Kindle Edition)
Usually, I am a science fiction /fantasy reader but found myself drawn to this little treasure. Nickie has given us an insight into her life in a warm and sensitive way. Her story is narrated in such a way that you can almost hear her voice behind you. The language she uses opens the narrative up to readers of all types and enables you to become a view rather than a reader.
A well written and insightful story told in a way that draws you in until you are fully submerged into Nickie's world.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 3, 2014 7:19 PM BST

A Quest of Heroes (Book #1 in the Sorcerer's Ring)
A Quest of Heroes (Book #1 in the Sorcerer's Ring)

4.0 out of 5 stars A great opening book to a series I will be happy ..., 26 Aug. 2014
A great opening book to a series I will be happy to follow. The characters were well developed and the plot lines were clear and plausible. Worth the read!!

Witch Wraith: Book 3 of The Dark Legacy of Shannara
Witch Wraith: Book 3 of The Dark Legacy of Shannara

3.0 out of 5 stars Typical Brooks., 26 Aug. 2014
It was a very typical Brooks book. With the obligatory "cute" creature (can he ever be forgiven for Jar Jar Binks?). I bought this and the other books in the series because I have always been a fan of the Shannara stories. However, this one ended predictably and disappointingly. Having said that, Brooks has left an opening for a new story to begin.
Not his best work. But not his worst either.