Profile for I. Fenton > Reviews

Content by I. Fenton

I. Fenton "Felinewyvern" (Cardiff, Wales)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Just 2 Words
Just 2 Words

4.0 out of 5 stars fun game, 17 May 2015
This review is from: Just 2 Words (App)
Keeps me entertained.

Knight of Ocean Avenue (Love in Laguna Book 1)
Knight of Ocean Avenue (Love in Laguna Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars You can't go wrong with a Tara Lain book., 9 May 2015
There are two things I have come to expect from a Tara Lain book and this one gave them both to me in spades. The first is a truly emotional romance between two people who seem like they shouldn't go together at all yet somehow they always do and it works. The second is a wonderful medley of secondary characters who are fun to meet. This book delivered some amazing personalities in those secondary characters as well as a few really horrible people who I would have nothing to do with if they were real. All I can add is go buy the book. You will enjoy it if you liked any of her previous books or if you just like sexy, sweet, minimal angst romances that make you feel good when you get to the end.

Storm Warned (The Grim Series)
Storm Warned (The Grim Series)
by Dani Harper

4.0 out of 5 stars Book 3 but it can stand alone, 3 April 2015
I really enjoyed this book. I have read other books by this author and knew I was in for a treat even though I have not yet read the first two books in the Grim series. It made no difference to my enjoyment and I will be remedying this omission as soon as funds allow. I loved the way the story followed both the humans and the fae and I think Ms Harper did a wonderful job of showing what a truly evil guy the Fae Prince is. I enjoyed the use of music and magic throughout and think the relationship between Caris and Liam was nicely done, if a little too quickly, for me. The story is full of magic, passion and a tortured hero to keep the readers interest and I recommend it for anyone who has a love of the fae world or just loves an action packed love story.

Skinwalker (Jane Yellowrock Novels)
Skinwalker (Jane Yellowrock Novels)
by Faith Hunter
Edition: Mass Market Paperback

5.0 out of 5 stars A Beast of a story, 12 Mar. 2015
Why has it taken me so long to find this series? I loved the action and the intrigue but most of all I loved the kickass heroine. What made the book even more enjoyable was the excellently written secondary characters and the beautifully described world of New Orleans and a society that has vampires and witches as the norm. As soon as funds allow I think I'll be doing a catch up on this series. After all I need to find out how she and Beast solve who will be top dog (or should I say cat?).

No Crayons On The Front Line (The Demons Age)
No Crayons On The Front Line (The Demons Age)

5.0 out of 5 stars A stand alone and an outstanding story., 16 Feb. 2015
First of all I want to say don't be put off by the fact that this is #10 in a series. It can be read as a stand alone and loses nothing by doing so. I personally have only read three others so far and enjoyed them all. What I enjoyed about this one though was something a little different that made it stand out as unique and interesting. In it's way it is quite nostalgic as the whole story is told in the form of letters passed between the two main characters very reminiscent of pen pals and old fashioned courtship. I recommend this to anyone who loves a good fantasy and in depth characterisation in their books.

Black Dog Blues (The Kai Gracen Series Book 1)
Black Dog Blues (The Kai Gracen Series Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars No blues with this book, 3 Feb. 2015
My first thought on this book was - I wish this was a movie. It had me figuratively on the edge of my seat from the first page and didn't let up on the action throughout! The Characters were all well rounded and believable (even when they got mangled almost beyond belief) and the twists and turns kept me glued to the pages. I was very glad to know that this was book one as I can't wait to read more about Kai and his world. If you like action packed Fantasy with lots of elvish intrigue and even more fighting of really dangerous monsters then this is the one to read.

Hell & High Water (THIRDS Book 1)
Hell & High Water (THIRDS Book 1)

4.0 out of 5 stars Looking forward to the follow up books, 3 Jan. 2015
This first book in a new series was so good I was delighted that I had listened to other readers and bought books two and three already. I can't wait to start the next one and read more about Dex, Sloane and all the others in the team.
This was a laugh out loud, and yet at the same time a sit on the edge of your seat, kind of book with plenty of action and humour well mixed with some really interesting characters. The concept is good and excellently done and I highly recommend it to anyone who isn't turned off by m/m interaction or humour and mayhem in their books.

Silk (The Bloodstone Series Book 1)
Silk (The Bloodstone Series Book 1)

3.0 out of 5 stars Great book - not such a great reader, 17 Dec. 2014
Review Copy provided by Author in return for honest review I don't really read a lot of serial killer stuff but the blurb was so different to the normal kind of mystery story that I was intrigued, especially by the front cover tag: What would you do to stay young: Lie, Manipulate..kill?. I am afraid that my lack of enjoyment in murder mysteries might have had a lot to do with the fact that even though I really loved Rudyard as a character I just couldn't stay interested in the story. Though it could also have been the fact that I have been hooked on an Sci-fi audio series and can't get into anything else. I will say that Chris has a way with words that kept me reading even when I wasn't that invested in the book and if you want to read a mystery/suspense that is intense, hard hitting, has a light romantic touch and is generally well written then go and get this book.

Threshold (Whyborne & Griffin Book 2)
Threshold (Whyborne & Griffin Book 2)

5.0 out of 5 stars I'm hooked, 7 Dec. 2014
Having enjoyed book one of this series I decided it was time for me to read book two and see if it stands up against the first one. It does! It was an excellent historical thriller which just happened to have two guys who are lovers solving the mystery. The relationship was beautifully woven into the drama and action of an exciting detective story. I am falling for the main two characters but I know I'm in love with the supernatural aspects of the mysteries they have to solve. I am definitely going to be reading the rest of the series sooner or later.

A Call to Arms: Book One of the Chronicles of Arden
A Call to Arms: Book One of the Chronicles of Arden

5.0 out of 5 stars An epic fantasy in the making, 22 Oct. 2014
Complimentary Review Copy Provided by Author
Have you ever read Mercedes Lackey's Collegium Chronicles? Or maybe Elizabeth Moon's Deeds Of Paksenarrion? If you have, then you know that when I say this book is in a similar vein, you are in for an epic fantasy read with good characters and a lovely, magical and intriguing story. In fact this is such a good read that I didn't put it down more than I really needed to (a visit to the doctor and some shopping :( ) and had just finished it before this review. I hope that book two isn't too long in getting published as it is going on my wishlist immediately. I know I should say something about he story itself but if I start I will end up gushing so much I will be giving away spoilers and all my readers know I don't do that. So take my word for it you won't go wrong buying this one if you want an epic 'young boy grows to manhood in service to the crown' fantasy book. One word of warning it has an m/m romance but, as the main character is a young teen, it is extremely mild.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20