Profile for I. Fenton > Reviews

Content by I. Fenton

I. Fenton "Felinewyvern" (Cardiff, Wales)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Choosing Home (The Call of Home Book 1)
Choosing Home (The Call of Home Book 1)

3.0 out of 5 stars A slow read for me., 22 July 2016
I just couldn't get into the story and kept putting it down. Partly this was because both characters had painful pasts but mostly it was just that I couldn't sink into the story as I usually do. A lot of the time I felt like I was being told the story rather than living it but, over all, it wasn't that bad a story. I don't understand why I had trouble feeling it (maybe the excess of descriptions was one of the problems?). I would say that, if you like M/M romance with a lot of reference to scenery etc., with a pair of hurt characters who have painful pasts but a sweet romance between them, then go read this book.

Midsummer Nights (Bad Fairies Book 1)
Midsummer Nights (Bad Fairies Book 1)

3.0 out of 5 stars A new twist on Shaekespear, 6 July 2016
I received a free copy from Ninestar Press in exchange for an honest review. I have always liked Shakespeare's Midsummer Night's Dream and this story has some the characters from it. You get to meet Puck, Oberon, and Titania but, in this story they are all just inches tall. I enjoyed the different view of a familiar story and loved that this debut author wasn't afraid to play around with The Bard's works. There is a little twist at the end that had me smiling and there is mention of a second book coming out, but this one stood quite well on it's own. However I, for one, will probably end up reading it to see what happens to Oberon and Puck.

Doc Brodie and the Big, Purple Cat Toy
Doc Brodie and the Big, Purple Cat Toy

4.0 out of 5 stars Heart warming., 28 Jun. 2016
I was given a free copy from the promoter in exchange for an honest review. So that title huh? Bet it caught your interest too - it certainly made me want to know more and the blurb made me want to read it as it sounded like a fun read. I was right it was a fun read and yet, it was also a truly sweet and endearing romance story, with just enough tartness through misunderstandings and angst to ensure it wasn't cloying.
I loved both guys but my heart was stolen by Molly and Ruby and I loved their initial meeting, the author managed to catch the essence of such an encounter just like it would happen in real life.
So if you like sweet endearing romances with lovable animals and likeable guys then go grab a copy of your own.

Loving Djinni
Loving Djinni
by Beryll Brackhaus

4.0 out of 5 stars heartwarming, 22 Jun. 2016
This review is from: Loving Djinni (Paperback)
This was a delightful, romantic, and enjoyable story that was quick and easy to read. I really liked both characters and the authors got their interaction very believable. I also like how the wishes were used and absolutely loved the ending. As I don't do spoilers I suggest you run and get this book as it will make you smile and give you warm glowy feelings.

Maybe
Maybe

5.0 out of 5 stars Emotional rollercoaster that's worth the ride., 12 Jun. 2016
This review is from: Maybe (Kindle Edition)
I received a free copy from the publishers in exchange for an honest review. Well an honest review is what you get from me so I'll start by saying there are numerous story threads in this book and at first I wasn't sure I'd like it. However Rain does an excellent job of keeping the threads woven into a tight story line that makes you want to know more about all the characters. I especially liked the open and frank way various lifestyles were portrayed and how family doesn't have to be bloodkin to be good. I have a plaque in my house that states 'God gave us our relations, thank God we can choose our friends' and Rain's book, Maybe, epitomises the essence of that quote. If you like a story that is full of emotion, caring, loving and hot sex then you need to read this, it's an amazing story.

Beauty, Inc. (Pennymaker Tales Book 3)
Beauty, Inc. (Pennymaker Tales Book 3)

5.0 out of 5 stars Tara Lain consistently produces good reading, 9 Jun. 2016
First of all I have to say I received a free copy from Tara in exchange for an honest review. Then I have to tell you that Beauty and The Beast is one my all time favourite fairy tales.
This version was beautifully written but also had all those trademark Tara Lain touches that I have come to love. Characters that are real from the minute you meet them on the page, touches of magic and humour, as well as a storyline that is interesting and new. I honestly don't want to give too much away as I hate spoilers, but I will say I want Mr. P. and all the residents of his magical house to come and live near me. I highly recommend this to all those who love Tara Lain's writings or cannot resist modern takes on favourite fairy tales. I can't wait for #4 in this wonderful series as they just keep getting better and better.

Victory Portrait (Pride of Uttor, Book Four) (Male/Male Fantasy Romance) by Tali Spencer

3.0 out of 5 stars Good enough for me to look for the earlier books., 29 May 2016
<i><b>I was given a copy by the publisher in exchange for an honest review. </i></b>
Although this was the fourth in the series it was a stand alone story, which I was glad of having not read any of the previous ones (yet). Tali writes a truly sexual story but gives it depth and meaning by adding in a lot of military action and political intrigue. I am astonished to say I actually liked one of the secondary characters almost more than the main ones. Brazzi the artist was so irreverent and licentious that you can't help but like him, plus the use of semen as a binding agent for paint was extremely interesting and makes me wonder if it would have really worked. That isn't to say I didn't like the main characters because I did and I especially liked how the two of them reconciled. I am off now to look for the first three books to add them to my wishlist :D

Dreamers' Destiny
Dreamers' Destiny

4.0 out of 5 stars Tempeste never fails me., 27 May 2016
This review is from: Dreamers' Destiny (Kindle Edition)
I received a free copy in exchange for an honest review. Don't you love that cover? I did and it was only the first great thing that had my interest. I then read the blurb and who can resist the idea of meeting your other half in your dreams? I couldn't. So I then made the mistake of picking it up as a second book to read (I still tend to read two or three books at a time) and ended up reading it in one sitting. The characters were as real as all Tempeste's heroes are and even the secondary characters were fully fleshed. Over all, this book was excellent both a romance and as a look at what dreams are or can be. I really hope that there are other books like this in the pipeline, I know I'd read them.

The Tenth Muse (The Aphrodite Project Book 1)
The Tenth Muse (The Aphrodite Project Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars A new look at old Greek Gods, 24 May 2016
I received an ARC of the book from the publisher in exchange for an honest review. When I was about 8 or 9 years old I found a book in the library about Greek Myths and Legends and fell in love. Since that time I have always enjoyed reading different stories about the Greek Gods but I have to admit I've never read a better updated version than this book. The characters were so rich and full of life they almost leapt of the pages and the storyline was excellent. I loved the way Belinda altered some of the myths, as if history got it wrong, because every one knows history is mutable as new things get found out. What I liked most of all was that the book wasn't all Greek Tragedy, it had humour, jealousy, spite and love as well as a taste of life as a supermodel.

On The Outside
On The Outside

2.0 out of 5 stars Not my kind of book after all., 14 May 2016
This review is from: On The Outside (Kindle Edition)
I was given this book from the publishers in exchange for an honest review.

I had high hopes for this book but I struggled to get through it. Now it's not that it's badly written or has major editing problems, it's that from the start the characters jsut didn't feel real enough for me.

It started with the fact that the Dad goes out with his grown up sons and all three of them get themselves girls for the night and are completely blasé about it the next morning. Then of course the cell matte turns up and straight away they give him a job in the family construction/handyman business without any major qualms, just because Craig wants it, even though he was in for drug related crimes.

So after that I struggled a great deal and must be truly honest and say I finished it last night and can not, now, remember anything that held my interest. I hate to give bad reviews or spoilers but this book just didn't work for me and I apologise for the small spoilers I gave.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20