Profile for jeffbrooks@ntlworld.com > Reviews

jeffbrooks@ntlworld.com (wales, uk.)

Spiritual Healing
Spiritual Healing

5.0 out of 5 stars a different approach, 22 Jan. 2002
This review is from: Spiritual Healing (Audio CD)
This is Deaths' 3rd LP.
Mindless screaming about satan and his cohorts will not be found anywhre within this superb demonstration of intelligent, powerfull metal.
Apparently Death lost a few fans over this one, their loss.
This is a very strong album full of aggressive yet well written material. as far as I am concerened this is one of the best metal records ever to have been cut by any band, I say metal because some death metal bands are rubbish,Death certainly are not. For me all the tracks stand out but check out the title track, slow powerfull stuff with a cracker of a dive bomb and solo and ' genetic reconstruction, Chuck had an eye for the future. I hace recently read a certain metal special within a guitar magazine, this album was not mentioned, why I cannot think because it has been copied in so many ways.
Listen to it, especially at this price you cannot go wrong.
Jeff.

Sound of Perseverance
Sound of Perseverance
Offered by treguntersw

5.0 out of 5 stars the sound of pure, classic metal, thanks Chuck R.I.P, 9 Jan. 2002
This review is from: Sound of Perseverance (Audio CD)
If you are not a great lover of ' death metal ' but like your metal heavy, buy this or at least listen to it. The guitar work is amazing, the instrumental ' voice of the soul ' is superb and the second track ' bite the pain ' has a touch of EVH about it. The final track pleased me no end as I have been a Priest fan for over 20 years.
Chuck's voice on this album has a greater sense of clarity about it and what I think is a good piece of production is the fact that all the instruments are given equal status. All of the DEATH albums have their own character, this one is no different and I was happy to pay the extra for an import. Still aggressive with fantastic harmonies. Chuck may have passed on but the music that he passed on to people like me will be his epitaph, hopefully there will be some sort of tribute album. the track 'to forgive is to suffer ' is a metal masterpeice. Excellent.