Profile for S. C. jones > Reviews

Content by S. C. jones

S. C. jones

Sienese Painting: The Art of a City-Republic (1278-1477) (World of Art)
Sienese Painting: The Art of a City-Republic (1278-1477) (World of Art)
by Timothy Hyman

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 9 Sept. 2011
This an extraordinarily good book. I picked it up very casually after a visit to the Met in New York and enthralled - even though I knew absolutely nothing about these painters or the period and had previously been unable to penetrate art like this. Mr Hyman uses his scholarship to enlighten and his passion for the subject illuminates the way for the reader - I often found his descriptions very moving. Since reading this book over 2 years ago I have since gone on to read much more about these painters and other Italian painters of this period . In particular I make a point of hunting down Sassettas wherever I am ( although since I live in London I am lucky to be able to see many of them quite regularly) . Thank you Mr Hyman!

Griffin iTrip Auto FM Transmitter and Charger for iPod - Black
Griffin iTrip Auto FM Transmitter and Charger for iPod - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars So easy!, 15 Mar. 2007
this was so easy to use - I was expecting half an hour of fiddling about and swearing - but in fact it was already set to an empty frequency and, in the middle of London, it took less than 5 minutes to set up. I couldn't believe it - these days you expect some kind of battle before anything works.

I'm not a hi fi buff or particularly concerned about perfect sound quality - but this sounds to me just like putting a CD in .

Great