Profile for Robin > Reviews

Content by Robin

Robin "Rob37n" (Hull, United Kingdom)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10
InterCity Story 1964-2012
InterCity Story 1964-2012
by Chris Green

5.0 out of 5 stars Very interesting and informative, 6 Jun. 2015
This book is good as having the man himself there telling you about it. I went to an RCTS meeting to hear Chris Green talk about his life on the railways and Intercity in particular, like the man himself this book is engaging, interesting, and time and money well spent.

Renapur Leather Balsam 200ml
Renapur Leather Balsam 200ml
Offered by Renapur Ltd

4.0 out of 5 stars Effective at restoring dried cracked leather, 6 Jun. 2015
This is quite effective stuff. I have a battered old leather chesterfield sofa that was dumped on me by relatives who walked off with a virtually brand new one thinking I wouldn't notice. It needed some TLC so I bought a jar of this to see if I could get some life back into the soda. It's been effective and brought the dry cracked leather back from the brink, the more you massage in the better the results. It does table a little elbow grease to get the most from it, but that's not really a problem. It won't do anything for the colour but it does soften the cracked leather, it does bring some suppleness back to the leather and in that respect is very useful.

Deep Sleep with Andrew Johnson
Deep Sleep with Andrew Johnson

5.0 out of 5 stars Surprisingly effective, 6 Jun. 2015
Surprisingly effective little app this one. I struggle with sleep issues a lot, and find it quite hard to drop off to sleep. This app popped up in a search and I thought why not give it a go. I trued it not giving it much hope but it worked a treat, I had the kindle by the bed, set it going and was asleep before it finished. The only change I would make is to allow a selectable voice so you could choose a female or male voice. Overall I am very pleased with this app and would recommend you give it a go given the price.

Super Stickman Golf 2
Super Stickman Golf 2

4.0 out of 5 stars Good but freemium means it drops a star., 6 Jun. 2015
This review is from: Super Stickman Golf 2 (App)
Quite a playable little game. Simple controls, easy to master, but yet another Freemium game. That\s why only 4 out of 5 stars.

Pin-Ups. Gil Elvgren 2015 (Wall Calendars 2015)
Pin-Ups. Gil Elvgren 2015 (Wall Calendars 2015)
by Taschen
Edition: Calendar

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice calendar., 22 May 2015
Good sized calendar, not going to offend anyone, very pleasant.

Very high quality manufacturer, high grade materials and printing shine out.

Pin-Ups. Gil Elvgren 2015 (Tear Off Calendars 2015)
Pin-Ups. Gil Elvgren 2015 (Tear Off Calendars 2015)
by Taschen
Edition: Calendar

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice item, follow on purchase from the 2014 version, 22 May 2015
In my review of the 2014 version I said I would be back for the 2015 version and I was true to my word, I am delighted with it, It's not offensive it's just nicely risque, although I wouldn't put it on my work desk any day soon, but it's fine at home.

Putt the Planets
Putt the Planets

3.0 out of 5 stars So so game, not for demanding players with high expectations., 22 May 2015
This review is from: Putt the Planets (App)
It's ok, it's not brilliant, it's not awful, the graphics are so so, the gameplay is so so, it's a very bland to be honest, I don't think it will last the test of time on my Kindle and will find itself removed from the carousel before too long.

Peanut Mouse - 2.4Ghz Wireless Optical Rechargeable - Mini USB Receiver - Retractable - Mac / PC / Laptop / Netbook / Macbook Pro / Macbook Air / Mac Pro / Dell / Samsung / Sony / Toshiba / Compaq / HP / Asus (Grey)
Offered by Electro Tycoon

4.0 out of 5 stars A good solid albeit chunky mouse from Acme, and coyote free too!, 22 May 2015
My old mouse died so I needed a replacement, my main bugbear with my previous mouse was never having an AAA battery to hand when the one in the mouse died, so seeing this mouse came with a Lithium rechargeable battery was a plus. The design looked good, and rhe price was very competitive, in fact it was a third of it's RRP so having compared it to other muce in the £10 bracket this was a no brainer and I place my order.

The delivery of the item was amazing, I ordered it Wednesday afternoon I had it by the following afternoon and I always select the cheapest posting option. The mouse comes from Acme, so a brief check for any coyotes was made, especially for wily ones, and I set about opening the packaging. Oh, it appeared to be in that horrendous hard plastic packaging that you need scissors for, you get nasty grazes from,and it's a real struggle. I was halfway through an expletive ridden attempt too free the mouse when I noticed the back of the package has a small hole into which you place a finger and the back comes away with no effort at all. That is a huge plus point for the packaging.

The instructions are clear and simple, and it was a matter of seconds to install the mouse to work on my MacBook Pro. I left it plugged in overnight to charge fully and I'll keep an eye on how long the battery lasts to work out how often to charge it up.

My previous mouse was quite small, this mouse is actually quite large by modern standards, you might even call in on the chunky side. The feel of the plastic is good, and the mouse action is good. The roller is very notchy and I am not so keen on that. The left hand mouse button when you have your hand over the mouse and click it feels like you clicked the right hand button, you didn't, but it feels like it, and sometimes instead of selecting the item you chose, say the back button on your browser it drops down the list instead of fulfilling the action, they are minor gripes I realise, but just sufficient to knock me down from a five star to a four star but a very high four star rather than a four bordering on a three.

The supplier of the mouse, not Amazon, were superb, if they had put it in a taxi and brought it round it could not have got here any quicker, I was very impressed with the delivery.

Tab for Gmail
Tab for Gmail

4.0 out of 5 stars Very useable, stable, and easy to use., 9 May 2015
This review is from: Tab for Gmail (App)
A nice clean interface that works well and is easy to use on my Kindle. I do have the odd issue with mails being saved as Draft rather than being sent, so only 4/5 stars, but that is my only quibble. It was very simple to setup, and unlike many other email apps I've used I am as happy using this on my Kindle as I am sat at my computer, and that is quite rare and speaks highly of this particular app.

Dead Easy for Dover (Bello)
Dead Easy for Dover (Bello)

5.0 out of 5 stars Funny, entertaining, and very readable., 9 May 2015
I came across this series by accident after hearing adaptations on Radio 4, I have to say I have not been disappointed by the books, they're fun and are an easy enjoyable read. I hope someone will make a humorous dark version for a more mature audience, I think the stories would translate well to television. If you like MC Beatons excellent Hamish Macbeth and Agatha Raisin books then I think you would enjoy the Dover books, give them a whirl and see how you get on.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10