Profile for Markit56 > Reviews

Content by Markit56

Markit56

Huawei E5331 Unlocked Three  Wireless Modem  - White
Huawei E5331 Unlocked Three Wireless Modem - White

5.0 out of 5 stars Bought for foreign travel - Blindingly Brilliant, 18 Dec. 2012
Came back to the UK looking for some way to boost my mobile internet signal at my home in Bali in the middle of a coconut orchard. All the trees and mountains played havoc with my sim card signal. I was happy to get a regular download speed of 8k, yes, happy!

Well a signal booster was a non-starter as they seem to be unavailable as they are illegal to use in Europe and those that were available were very, very expensive and didn't seem to promise much in the way of improvement. Don't worry I'm getting there.

Went for the unlocke Huawei E5331 with out much hope but I thought I might use it together with the laptop and my phone to share the meager signal that I do sometimes get.

To say I was blown away would be an understatement - it is so good this is the first time I've felt moved to review anything here on Amazon. Where before little or no signal or internet connection was available I'm now getting download speeds of between 200k and 500k!!! It's almost like in the real world. It is so good and stable that I'm a bit worried that the providers here in Indonesia will find some way to block it as I'm getting way more speed than I payed for. This littel beauty seems to just suck the data out of the air. My honest advise is to BUY ONE - YESTERDAY. Particularly for travellers to the developing world.

Down side - there always is one: the only problem with the European/UK model is that it is only set for 3G/4G and sometimes the signal strength here falls so far down the scale that the 3G signal looks to the modem like a 2G signal and the modem simply refuses to accept that as a connnection - in a weeks usage that's only happened once for about 2 hours. I'm betting that if you bought it outside the EU it would have the 2G setting available.

Unreserved 5 stars - would give it 6 if I could.

Samsung HD103SJ 1TB F3 EcoGreen SATA 7200rpm 16MB 3.5 Inch Internal Hard Drive
Samsung HD103SJ 1TB F3 EcoGreen SATA 7200rpm 16MB 3.5 Inch Internal Hard Drive

4.0 out of 5 stars Cracking little drive, 22 Sept. 2011
Man, if you don't buy a hard drive about every 4 months then you will be blown away by the advances in space and the loss of size/weight in these little beauties. Carefull when unpacking it as the plug is easily lost as it is really minimal - they could have made it a bit longer. Only gripe really.