Profile for Steveo > Reviews

CherryActive Concentrate 946 ml
CherryActive Concentrate 946 ml
Offered by Maximum Supplements

5.0 out of 5 stars Better Sleep - Less Aches and Pains!, 19 May 2016
I'm taking a prescription medication - citalopram, to help alleviate anxiety which in turn increases my blood pressure. The drawback with citalopram is that it can adversely affect sleep - which is what was happening to me. That said, my main reason for buying CherryActive was in the hope that it would, in time, aid a reduction in my blood pressure - I can't comment on this as yet. However, since taking this juice, my sleep is better - I still wake up during the night, although this time not only am I going back to sleep, but I'm also sleeping until the alarm goes off - unheard of for me! In addition to this, the pain I receive in my shoulder due to poor posture upon sitting at my office desk has all but gone - all this within a week of drinking one 30ml glass daily (in recent studies, two glasses are usually consumed for noticeable improvements in sleep and lowering of blood pressure). Word of warning, cherries are a natural diuretic, so they'll promote the release of urine - therefore, I find best not to drink this just before going to bed!

Tropical Sun 100 Percent Natural Coconut Water 1 Litre (Pack of 12)
Tropical Sun 100 Percent Natural Coconut Water 1 Litre (Pack of 12)

5.0 out of 5 stars Provided Via Carton!, 28 Oct. 2015
I've had various coconut waters in the past, but for me, this is the best brand I've tried to date! However, because of the generic description Tropical Sun gives to its range of coconut waters, the following statement is kinda ironic considering this 1 litre product comes in a carton - 'we feel a can imparts less un-natural taste to our water than a carton (ugh!)'

Writing's On The Wall
Writing's On The Wall

3.0 out of 5 stars Karaoke Instrumental Anyone?!, 26 Oct. 2015
This review is from: Writing's On The Wall (Audio CD)
I bought this mainly for the instrumental version - imagine my disappointment when, upon playing it, you can still hear Sam Smith wailing in the background - albeit ever so faintly! Seriously, if the instrumental is to be included, is there any chance a bespoke version could have been orchestrated instead of simply attempting to fade him out. In fairness, I go against the majority of Bond fans by liking Smith's song - although I still find his arrangement questionable - its just that, for the reasons highlighted, the instrumental is a big let down!

Spectre
Spectre

3.0 out of 5 stars Sam Smith Free Soundtrack, 26 Oct. 2015
This review is from: Spectre (Audio CD)
The music, I'm sure, will work very well within the context of the movie, however, as standalone tracks, I'm afraid this is not the most entertaining of listening experiences. I'm old school, John Barry has never been bettered and I can recall listening to his 007 soundtracks prior to watching the actual movie and getting excited by the music alone, with Thomas Newman, for me this isn't the case. Skyfall had some good tracks, and so does this, but there are now a number of tracks between SPECTRE and Skyfall that sound indistinguishable from one another. Sam Smith's 'Writing on the Wall' may have a questionable vocal arrangement, but the instrumental is superb - very John Barry influenced and VERY Bondian - so why does the instrumental of this track only come in at circa 2 minutes on this CD and why aren't more motifs used in other tracks. David Arnold doesn't always get it right, but I do think he's better suited to Bond than Newman. Incidentally, please don't buy this thinking Sam Smith's track is on here, it isn't - this is common practice nowadays (for Bond Movies).

LG 28LF491U HD Ready 28 Inch Smart TV
LG 28LF491U HD Ready 28 Inch Smart TV

5.0 out of 5 stars Delighted With This Set, 19 Aug. 2015
I have to say, my motivation for typing this review was simply to counterbalance the negative feedback currently attributed to this tv. I bought this tv back in May (admittedly not from Amazon) - usually, I'll read copious reviews before purchasing anything electrical - for this product, I couldn't find any feedback anywhere - possibly because it was so new. However, its an LG, it was the right size (slim bezel) and the right size screen - 28 inch. I have to say, I'm delighted with this set - for me, the picture is outstanding. Is it outstanding out of the box? Well no, you have to spend some time turning certain gizmos off - I don't like LG 'TruMotion', for example, which, ironically, is designed to reduce blur, however, for me, this just facilitates it. I must admit, I've not connected an HD source to this tv i.e. Blu Ray player or PS3/4 - the reason I highlight this, is simply, on Amazon and the site I purchased this from, this set is advertised as Full HD - however, this has since changed (on the site I purchased from), to 'HD Ready - on other sites too, 'HD Ready is stated - if this was my main tv, I'd have a problem with this contradiction, for a 3rd tv (purchased for the dining room), its not so much of an issue. This set replaced a 22 inch 18 month old Samsung (which was highly rated on here), this tv blew that one out of the water. I should highlight, the 28 inch model I have has 'feet' either side (see images attributed on here to bigger sized screens of this model) and is therefore not on a central stand as pictured. I'd recommend this set - I'd also recommend updating the firmware as soon as you're in receipt - in the first fortnight after purchasing, there were 5 updates alone, maybe this is why some people experienced issues initially - i.e. software glitches which, should now be resolved after updating.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 27, 2015 3:20 PM BST

Mylek Remote Control Oscillating Tower Fan With Timer
Mylek Remote Control Oscillating Tower Fan With Timer

5.0 out of 5 stars its pretty much non obtrusive, 3 Jun. 2015
I'm one of those 'sad' people who can't buy anything electrical without reading reviews - so much so, I usually read so many reviews that making a final decision turns into a nightmare! So, for some time I trawled both Amazon and the greater world wide web for reviews of tower fans and fans in general (yes, I know, I need to get out more - or just out, full stop!). Each time, I'd find one I thought was suitable (where they were supported by a high percentage of positive reviews) only to let the small percentage of negative feedback dissuade me. I only want two things from a fan, 1) its effective and 2) it has minimal noise issues. At the time of writing, theres only one negative review attributed to this product concerning noise - after testing this fan for myself, I'm surprised theres that many! That said, I do appreciate some people are more noise sensitive than others - however, for me, this piece of kit is more than acceptable in terms of noise. On the lowest setting its powerful and doesn't drown out the tv - this is in stark contrast to the desktop fan I'm currently using! The 3rd setting is very powerful and again, not too noisy​ - yes, theres noise, there always will be, for me and I suspect the masses, its pretty much non obtrusive. Really pleased with this purchase - its a good price, effective and quiet - if you're looking for a tower fan, look no further.

Out Of Africa [Blu-ray] [Region Free]
Out Of Africa [Blu-ray] [Region Free]
Dvd ~ Meryl Streep

5.0 out of 5 stars Remastered Blu Ray, 18 Feb. 2015
The trouble with Amazon is, they migrate reviews of various releases of a product - its happened here - 178 reviews (at time of 'writing') and they're all a mishmash of comments relating to either the DVD, initial Blu Ray or latest Blu Ray release - or even more weirdly, the film itself (IMDb is the place to review movies only!). The more I read, the more confused I got - for example, 1st Blu Ray release was poor in terms of print quality and then UK Blu Ray release with digibook (with the same cover as it US counterpart) contained same poor print as 1st UK Blu Ray release. This release (by 'this', I mean the product with the following info 'DVD Release Date: 3 Feb. 2014' and ASIN: B00GX6NT58) is the same remastered print as the 'Universal 100th Anniversary Collection' edition available from the States. Only difference is, this release doesn't contain a digibook - so if thats what you want, buy the edition from America, if, like me, you just want a nicely remastered print which is better than previous Blu Ray releases, this is the disc for you!
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 27, 2015 4:23 PM GMT

Sumvision Cyclone Micro 2+ Full HD HDMI 1080p Multi Media Player with Adaptor
Sumvision Cyclone Micro 2+ Full HD HDMI 1080p Multi Media Player with Adaptor
Offered by E-Deals Shop - UK

1.0 out of 5 stars Cheap and Cheerful, 7 May 2014
I'd already purchased a more expense (and better) multi media player - a WD TV unit (http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B005NYOKC2/ref=oh_details_o05_s00_i01?ie=UTF8&psc=1) and wanted something similar for the bedroom tv, so thought I'd give this a go. As many have already commented, the remote control is dire - so much so that it now also operates my mini sub woofer for some inexplicable reason. A friend of mine has this unit and warned me how dark the picture is and, sadly, I can only concur - to negate this, I've had to turn on Samsungs's 'Magic Angle' feature just to get to an acceptable level of brightness! VOB files are hit and miss - a number of files on my Samsung 1TB drive aren't recognised - however, transfer them to a USB stick and they work fine. Subtitles on VOB files i.e. DVDs which are copied without menus will automatically play subtitles (if they're there) which is a pain - the interface i.e. device menu is cheap and cheerful much like this player. At a around £30 I'd say save another £30 and buy a WD tv unit even if it is just to play files from local storage - that unit is infinitely better in my opinion.

Rockport Mens Hilland Derby
Rockport Mens Hilland Derby

3.0 out of 5 stars Fairly Decent Shoes, 7 Dec. 2013
I purchased these via an Amazon 'lightning deal' - comfort wise the shoes are excellent - one big minus, however, is that they scuff VERY easily! In fact, not since I was a child have I had a pair of shoes that scuff so badly. The aforementioned scuffing was first noticed after I simply went under the desk at work to reconnect some leads to my PC - we have carpet tiles there and when I got up, the sheen was gone - for shoes with a rrp of circa £100, I'm not impressed!

2-in-1 Telescopic Patio & Decking Weed Clear Brush - Clears Moss & Weeds in Block Paving in Seconds
Offered by SK Depots

5.0 out of 5 stars Almost Perfect, 25 Sept. 2013
This is an excellent product - takes the back ache out of ridding the driveway of the weeds that grow between the brick weaving.

That said, I think there's a slight design flaw - the steel spike points outwards which means the head of the brush cannot go up flush against anything in front of it; the handle is also rigid and therefore turning the brush around to counter this issue doesn't work either.

Anyway, at the end of the day, an excellent device for a reasonable price - especially considering that a spare head is included for when the original one 'packs up'!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5