Profile for Tiffany Malone > Reviews

Wife in the North
Wife in the North
by Judith O'Reilly

1.0 out of 5 stars Sooo boring, 26 Oct. 2009
This review is from: Wife in the North (Paperback)
Where's the humour? The laughing tears of recognition promised on the cover still haven't been found. I didn't know the author wrote a blog before I read some of the reviews on this page (which I should have perused before). So now I better understand the way it is written with very short episodes. I do not like it better though. I find it annoying and I don't like the constant whinning, I do not like this way the writer doesn't give a name to the characters. I find them hard to identify in the end (as if they were not sufficiently devoided of any interest). I had a lot of difficulties to read the first 100 pages and I think my trip will end here.

My Name Is Earl - Season 2 [DVD]
My Name Is Earl - Season 2 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Jason Lee
Offered by MusicnMedia

4.0 out of 5 stars Probably the best of all seasons so far, 3 Mar. 2009
Entertaining and funny. Earl and Randy are at their best in this second season. Earl still tries to atone for his past mistakes with the help of his crew of petty criminals and manages to do so. Some episodes are more than funny, they are original such as the one where each of the characters gives his view on a theft they have made.

Narrative of the Life of Frederick Douglass: Written by Himself (Dover Thrift Editions)
by Frederick Douglass

5.0 out of 5 stars A Must Have, 3 Mar. 2009
An amazing story which is to be read by anyone interested in American history. This small book remains long after having been read.

A Vintage Affair
A Vintage Affair
by Isabel Wolff

2.0 out of 5 stars rather disappointed, 3 Mar. 2009
This review is from: A Vintage Affair (Paperback)
Not one of the best books by Wolff. The love story pattern follows the same path as in her previous book Forget Me Not. As for the war story, it seems to me, I have already read or seen dozens of the same sort.