Profile for MayM > Reviews

Content by MayM

MayM

The Bridgertons: Happily Ever After (Bridgerton Family Book 9)
The Bridgertons: Happily Ever After (Bridgerton Family Book 9)

5.0 out of 5 stars We Love Julia Quinn, 30 Nov. 2013
This one contain epilogues for all the previous 8 plus one new story. I have read 6 of these 8. The new epilogues are:"Duke and I" and "On the Way to the Wedding".

Regarding The Duke and I. We see our heroine's nearing middle age (40's and 50's) which is uncommon for historical romance, yet you can still read and find yourself attracted to the story because you still love these characters.

Regarding On the Way to The Wedding: Not the usual happily ever after but still it's nice. and you can know the name of their all 9 children.

New short stories are added for Violet "Lady Bridgerton". These are sweet, fluffy and a bit sad.
I really liked Edmund in these stories. I shed tears when he died :"

-It's very nice to go back to one of first historical stories and series that I have read. The Bridgerton still have their special place in my heart.
-Julia Quinn is still awesome.
-Looking forward to her new story.
-I want her to release more than one book a year

Lord of Darkness: Number 5 in series (Maiden Lane)
Lord of Darkness: Number 5 in series (Maiden Lane)

5.0 out of 5 stars Splendid, 30 Nov. 2013
Lovely, splendid, contain all the things that I love and like.

I liked Margret, her personality how she was able to reach out to her husband and especially the reason she came to London.

I also liked Godric since the previous books someone who is so in love with his dying wife and so determinant to help others.
I liked him before and after he changed. I loved his jealousy, his ability to forgive and definitely his sacrifices to others.

I loved when the Hero and Heroine became as one <3

Duke of Midnight: Number 6 in series (Maiden Lane)
Duke of Midnight: Number 6 in series (Maiden Lane)

4.0 out of 5 stars I want another one, 30 Nov. 2013
I loved everything in this book everything.
Artemis and her love and determination
Maximus and his revenge
How the hero & heroine met on even grounds
Cavern, Phoebe and even Penelope.

I wonder will pheobe get a story of her own ?
As for the epilogue does that mean there will be more stories in this series ?

The Sum of All Kisses: Number 3 in series (The Smythe-Smith Quartet)
The Sum of All Kisses: Number 3 in series (The Smythe-Smith Quartet)

4.0 out of 5 stars Good One, 30 Nov. 2013
In this book we learn about Hugh who foolishly dueled Daniel (last book hero). his childhood, his youth, the duel and the aftermath.

Sarah who are the cousin of Daniel. How she thinks that Hugh ruined her life and how she start to see him in a new light.

How Sarah & Hugh relationship really started, moved on, and began again.

The things that they shared that he never though he will ever be able to do again.

It was a really NICE book

this time JQ did go in depth into the hero past. she really let us feel his emotions.

Like the previous book Harriet, Elizabeth and Frances were really cute and brought out fun dialogues in the book.

Those 3 books were really close in fictional timing to each other. but not in real life. being 1 year apart is too much :(

Want to guess who is the next book heroine ? will it be close to these stories fictional timing?
I think the next one will be about Iris then after that perhaps Daisy. and I also guess that the next one will be after this epilogue smythe-smith musical.

The Governess Affair (The Brothers Sinister)
The Governess Affair (The Brothers Sinister)

4.0 out of 5 stars Lovely Short Story, 15 Oct. 2013
Short, Sweet, Lovely
Both characters were so loveable ..
the Heroine with her insistent.
and the Hero with his gentlemanly ways.

There letters to each other were so sweet and adorable and amusing :)