Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Amazon Customer "mixerboy"

Homo Erraticus (Deluxe)
Homo Erraticus (Deluxe)

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful, wonderful, wonderful, 28 April 2014
This review is from: Homo Erraticus (Deluxe) (Audio CD)
Ok, I admit it, I've been consuming Ian Anderson's music since I was a teenager. I'm what you might call a bit of a fan.
So I'm very familiar with every album he's ever made.
The last proper Jethro Tull studio album was Dot Com back in 1999. Since then we had a few IA solo albums but from 2003-2012 there really wasn't much in the way of new material. I always found that frustrating knowing how prolific IA was for the first 25 years or so of his amazing career.

The parting ways with Martin Barre was a hard one to accept but with Thick As A Brick II in 2012 and the return to a little theatre in the live shows got my juices flowing. Was IA back on form?

You bet and this latest album proves it.
Much more Tull than any of his previous solo albums, this one, I think, will stand amongst some of his best work, including the 70's stuff. Production wise its the best I've heard in 20 years from Ian and his voice is really good throughout the album. Brace yourself, you'll hear colours of his 70's voice bursting through too! In fact some of the chorus' could have come from the classic 70's Tull line up!
If you loved Warchild or Minstrel In The Gallery you might want to check this one out, you're sure to recognise its composer in more than a few places.
A couple of tracks sound like late Tull, perhaps Catfish Rising/Root To Branches era. But that's all good with me, I love it!
The band is tight and dare I say this lineup is the strongest for over 20 years.
Some folks are finding the lyrics a little too wordy but I actually think Ian is at the peak of his lyric writing right now, he's really coming up with some great lines, far more accessible and catchy than his earlier work. This album is packed with reference to England past & present.

Isn't it amazing. He's 66 and still pushing himself. There is and will only be one Ian Anderson, his unique music will stand the test of time for many generations to come. I considering it a privilege to share my life at the same time as he is active. Long may he continue producing some of the best music I've ever heard. I can't wait to see the live show and I pray he makes a few more albums like this to come. Thank you IA!

Seagate Expansion 4TB USB 3.0 Desktop 3.5 inch External Hard Drive for PC & Xbox One

4.0 out of 5 stars not bad, 27 Aug. 2013
Formatted it for mac and made 3 partitions. All good. Downside is the fan noise is a little hight and the whining power supply let it down.

Static On The Airwaves
Static On The Airwaves

4.0 out of 5 stars Good return to form, 16 Aug. 2013
This review is from: Static On The Airwaves (Audio CD)
Loved this album, good songs, good playing and very well recorded. Echos of the earlier levellers, nice mix of rock and folk.

Canon 703 Black - 3 Compatible Laser Toner Cartridge for Canon LBP-2900 LBP-2900i LBP-3000
Offered by More Inks

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow, 16 Aug. 2013
For the price of one official Canon cartridge I got 3! Works perfectly, no issues with quality. Just as good as the Canon.

John
John

5.0 out of 5 stars Recommended Read, 16 Aug. 2013
This review is from: John (Kindle Edition)
Cynthia is a fantastic writer and her story is fascinating. Clearly she loved John dearly and she tells it warts and all. A must read for anyone interested in John Lennon and the Beatles. So glad Cynthia told her story, the real story with out the gloss. Top Read!

The Saga of Hawkwind
The Saga of Hawkwind

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic book, 16 Aug. 2013
I really enjoyed this book and learnt so much about the band. Fascinating read and well written. I look forward a updated version in the future.

Not Fade Away: The Life and Music of Buddy Holly
Not Fade Away: The Life and Music of Buddy Holly

4.0 out of 5 stars Great read, 16 Aug. 2013
Lovely book that follows Buddy's recordings. My only issue was it was too short, I was enjoying a lot. Recommended.

Belkin 802.11g Wireless Modem Router
Belkin 802.11g Wireless Modem Router

3.0 out of 5 stars ok kit, 9 Jan. 2004
I got mine xmas eve.
Good points:
Great coverage - no probs
Stays connected - not once has it lost a connection to ADSL
Bad Points:
It took me a couple of weeks to fix problems with outlook, hotmail and secure sites. I had to alter my mtu settings on my computers with no help from belkin. Their site is of no use. If they just had a forum we (users) could have got a fix worked between us.
Belkin support is rubbish. I emailed them twice and have not had a reply. That was two weeks ago!
To be honest, this should not have been released. It has the potential to be a great product but Belkin need to get their act together here and sort these issues out.
If I were looking for a router now I'd look at the netgear one that has just come out.