Profile for Ullapool > Reviews

Content by Ullapool

Ullapool

Canwelum Super-bright Cree LED Torch, Rechargeable LED Torch Flashlight, Tactical LED Torch Light - Certified by CE (A Complete Set of Torch, 18650 Battery and Charger)
Offered by Canwelum Group

5.0 out of 5 stars Very pleased with this purchase, 5 April 2017
Very pleased with this purchase. This is a powerful little torch with a very solid build quality. I was so happy with the first one I purchased that I decided to buy a second. When the second arrived there was a problem with the charger, so I contacted Canwelum Customer Service who sent out a replacement to me the same day, no quibbles and excellent, friendly customer service. I guess that time will be the test but my first impressions with this torch, and with Canwelum, have been terrific.

Alien: Isolation - Nostromo Edition (PS3)
Alien: Isolation - Nostromo Edition (PS3)
Offered by passionFlix UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Tense, exciting and rewarding, 19 Feb. 2015
Alien Isolation is simply a wonderful game. It requires patience and craft to survive and progress, but rewards you with a fantastic feeling of achievement and elation throughout. Yes, outwitting the Alien is a real challenge, but it never feels unfair despite what some reviewers have claimed. The Working Joes are manageable once you've worked out the right strategies and keep your wits about you. I finished the game in about 19 hours, was killed 9 times by the Alien and once by the Working Joes, and never had to re-play more than 15 minutes of gameplay (the save points are plentiful and never that far away). Easily the best graphics on the PS3 in my opinion, wonderful lighting and great textures even up close - I haven't seen the PS4 version. This and The Last of Us are the 2 must-haves on the PS3 (and I suspect the PS4). Crew Expendable is no more than an OK add-on, it's the campaign that's the real winner. Hoping there'll be a sequel.

The Bones Of What You Believe [Digipack]
The Bones Of What You Believe [Digipack]

3.0 out of 5 stars Could have been so much better, 2 Feb. 2014
The main appeal of Chvrches is Lauren Mayberry's wonderful, soaring voice. How disappointing that on 2 of the 12 tracks the vocals are handed over to one of the other band members - oh, so bland I'm afraid and you can't help thinking what Lauren could have done with those 2 songs. Never mind, don't forget that the Beatles used to let Ringo sing a tune now and again.

I loved the other 10 songs, so would recommend to anyone who likes melodic synthpop. Would have given 3.5 stars if I could.

I really don't understand the adverse comments about poor sound quality and poor mixing by some reviewers - CD sounds great on my separates home system, full of depth and detail.