Profile for Dan > Reviews

Content by Dan

Dan (Sheffield, United Kingdom)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Intex Downy Inflatable Beds, Queen, 152 x 203 cm
Intex Downy Inflatable Beds, Queen, 152 x 203 cm

5.0 out of 5 stars Very comfortable bed, 28 Dec. 2016
We slept in this bed for 2 weeks while waiting for our bed to be delivered, and it was fantastic. Good height, so you don't feel like you're sleeping on the floor, and you don't bounce around when the other person moves. Inflation/deflation is quick and easy with the built in pump, and it all folds up neatly into a bag for storage and transport. We now use it as a guest bed and it has had rave reviews.

My only suggestion would be to give it a soft base as well as a soft top, because we have it on a hardwood floor and it is a bit squeaky when you move on it. We put a sheet under the bed to prevent this.

'Google Pixel Case, Spigen® [Rugged Armor] Elastic [Black] Ultimate Protection From Drops and Bumps - [Carbon Look] Case Cover For Google Pixel Case Google Pixel Cover Google Pixel 2016, Google Pixel 5.0 - Black (F14CS20889)
Offered by Spigen

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent phone case, 28 Dec. 2016
Great case. Looks good, fits perfectly, nice matte finish, and most importantly good protection and stops the phone slipping out of your pocket.

Croydex Chrome Plated Mild Steel Rust Free Stick 'N' Lock Plus Adhesive or Screw Fix Towel Ring, Silver
Offered by Diy-Direct

5.0 out of 5 stars Solid as a rock!, 28 Dec. 2016
This is a great towel ring for if you don't want to drill into your bathroom tiles. Simply stick the base in position then screw the front in, and it's stuck fast like cement! I actually positioned mine wrongly, and tried to remove it, but it's stuck so well I can't get it off! I suppose that's a good thing as it means it will never fall off.

Fix a Drawer kit (x4 pack) Repair broken drawers quickly & easily, reinforce / strengthen drawers, mend broken drawers

5.0 out of 5 stars Works a treat., 28 Dec. 2016
Excellent piece of kit. I acquired some second hand IKEA Malm drawers from Freegle, which were in good condition except the bottom of each drawer was sagging. I thought about trying to glue them, but then came across a video about this product and decided to give it a go.

Really easy to fit with a screwdriver and some scissors, and the drawers are as good as new. The strap holds the back of the drawer in tight so that there is no way the base can slip out and sag down again. Highly recommended for sagging drawers.

Ergonomic Mouse, Bodecin 5-Key 3-Gear Adjustable DPI 2.4GHz Wireless Vertical Healthy Rechargeable Optical Mice Come with USB Receiver(Black)
Offered by SouTy

4.0 out of 5 stars Good mouse with a squeaky wheel., 28 Dec. 2016
The mouse works well and is very comfortable. The dpi button lets you set the cursor tracking speed easily, and the back/forward buttons are well positioned.

USB charging is convenient, and I've only had to charge it once so far.

The only reason it doesn't get 5 stars is that the scroll wheel is really squeaky, which is becoming annoying. I'm wondering if I can oil it somehow, but I don't want to damage the mouse.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Great drawer organizers., 28 Dec. 2016
These fit perfectly in the IKEA Malm drawers and give me an outlet for my mild OCD.

They come folded flat, and each one has a zip going diagonally across the bottom that keeps them rigid when opened out.

Not much more to say, they do their job well.

Bose QuietComfort 35 Wireless Bluetooth Noise Cancelling Headphones - Black
Bose QuietComfort 35 Wireless Bluetooth Noise Cancelling Headphones - Black

1.0 out of 5 stars Bluetooth connectivity issue, 9 Nov. 2016
Note: I bought these elsewhere, but reviewing here as this seems to be the place most people will see it.

It pains me to write this review as I love almost everything about these headphones (sound, battery life, noise cancelling, comfort, appearance are all great), but as others have mentioned, the bluetooth connectivity issue makes them worthless for anyone who wants to use these while walking around with your phone in your pocket.

If I walk anywhere, the sound cuts out whenever I turn my head or put my hand near the right ear cup or my phone. I've tried 2 different phones, and got a replacement set of headphones which were exactly the same. Bose support said it is not a known issue, but there's a thread on Reddit where someone says that Bose support admitted it's a known hardware fault. How they can continue selling them in this case is beyond me.

I contacted Bose support again after the second pair proved to have the same issue, and they suggested taking my phone out of my pocket! Not what I expect from a near £300 set of headphones, especially when I have £20 headphones that have no such problems. Disappointing, but I'm going to have to take them back for a refund and look for an alternative. I would advise avoiding these headphones unless you never intend to use them while walking.
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 17, 2016 11:42 AM GMT

Lynx Peace Anti-Perspirant Deodorant Aerosol 200ml - pack of 3
Lynx Peace Anti-Perspirant Deodorant Aerosol 200ml - pack of 3

5.0 out of 5 stars Great antiperspirant and nice smell., 27 April 2016
I love the smell of this deodorant, it's not overbearing like some other scents, and has a nice natural feel to it. And most importantly it prevents excessive sweating. Lynx Dry is the best antiperspirant I've found, nothing else comes close.

Levi's Men's 504 Regular Straight Fit Jeans, Blue (O8996 Cloudy 453), 30W x 30L
Levi's Men's 504 Regular Straight Fit Jeans, Blue (O8996 Cloudy 453), 30W x 30L

4.0 out of 5 stars Not 100% cotton, but nice looking and fitting jeans., 27 April 2016
As one other reviewer mentioned, the product description is inaccurate, they are not 100% cotton, they are 87% cotton, 12% polyester and 1% elastane. As such they do have a slight stretch to them and are not exactly what I was expecting.

Having said that, they fit perfectly, look great and are very comfortable. I'll have to wait and see how they wear over time.

Etnies Barge Low-Top, Men's Skateboarding Shoes, Grey/Gum, 7 UK (41 EU)
Etnies Barge Low-Top, Men's Skateboarding Shoes, Grey/Gum, 7 UK (41 EU)

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice shoe but unwearable after 6 - 8 months., 26 April 2016
They fit well, they look great, but within 6 months, the heel fabric had worn away, and the rubber that makes up the heel all started to crack and come off, so I'd keep finding bits of it in my shoe. Now had them about 8 months and they have to go in the bin as they are too uncomfortable to wear any longer. Not the quality I expected.
Comment Comment | Permalink