Profile for Ms. Karen Miller > Reviews

Content by Ms. Karen Miller

Ms. Karen Miller "Hermosa" (California)

New Novelist--Start Writing Your Novel
New Novelist--Start Writing Your Novel
Offered by TX3-Media

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Piece of Software!!!, 20 April 2002
At last I can throw away all my scraps of paper and post-its and keep all my notes in one place. The software has helped me collect my thoughts and put them all in one place.
I've looked at other writing software packages and they are so complicated and full of jargon that I almost didn't buy Newnovelist, but I'm so glad I did as it's easy to install and use. I was typing up my novel within minutes of installation.

If I were reading the same points in a book I'd most likely be in bed or on a train and not have my PC available, but reading through the sections of the wizard on the screen you actually start typing up your novel then and there. The speed of which you get your novel on the screen is very rewarding. And don't be put off by the use of the Wizard - everything is interchangeable, you're not stuck with one template that is irrelevant to your work.
I'd recommend Newnovelist to anyone who is serious about writing, and after all, it costs little more than the price of a good book!

On Writing
On Writing
by Stephen King
Edition: Mass Market Paperback

5.0 out of 5 stars Open Up a Best-Seller..., 6 Nov. 2001
This review is from: On Writing (Mass Market Paperback)
Although Stephen King does give helpful tips and advice, this isn't a 'how to write a best-seller' book.
What makes this book remarkable is that a best-selling author has bothered to open-up and share his writing process with his readers.
Stephen King reveals where the seed for 'Carrie' came from, the changes that were necessary to make 'Misery' a success and how he coped with writer's block during 'The Dead Zone'.
Even if you're not a fan of his work, Stephen King is a number one best-seller and this is an opportunity to look into his creative process that can not be overlooked, particularly if you are a would be novelist yourself.
I particularly like the style of writing that leaves you believing the author is in the same room chatting to you personally over a cup of coffee.