Profile for rosie123 > Reviews

Content by rosie123

rosie123 (UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
Playtex Women's Classic Cotton Support Underwire Full Cup Everyday Bra, White, 34D

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect bra., 6 Oct. 2017
Perfect fit. Good shape. Very comfortable to wear all day, even for a 6 mile very brisk walk! Will definitely buy again.

A3+ Teflon (PTFE) Sheet for Heat Transfer and Heat Press Protection 430mm x 307mm
Offered by Fresherpack Limited

5.0 out of 5 stars CrystalsRus heat sheet perfect for the job., 10 Aug. 2017
The A3 size CrystalsRus heat sheet is exactly what I wanted. I use it for craft and sewing, e.g., when ironing bondaweb onto fabric, etc. I already had an A4 size sheet but managed to lose it! It doesn't pucker and bubble ,like a cheaper version I've tried)

The Girl Before: The Sensational International Bestseller
The Girl Before: The Sensational International Bestseller

5.0 out of 5 stars A gripping read, 16 April 2017
An unusual plot. At times gripping. I expect it to make an exciting film.

Bosch BCH6PETGB Athlet Animal Upright Cordless Vacuum Cleaner, 0.9 L - Tornado Red

1.0 out of 5 stars Positives and negatives, 30 Jan. 2017
Positives - the cleaning head is very manoevreable. It's easy and clean to empty the dust container. It's lightweight. Negatives - you need very strong thumbs to press the release buttons to change the handle and base in order to use the attachments. So far I haven't been able to do this which makes it dreadful value for money! I have contacted Bosch and will update this review when I hear from them.
Update 1. Customer Services suggested I ask someone else to change the handle and base for me. I live alone so that's no good.
Update 2. I got someone stronger than me to call. They also found it very difficult but did manage to do it. I can do it, with very great difficulty. It is a very poor design: the button is very stiff and even when you manage to push the button there is nothing to grip easily to get enough purchase to pull the handle or the base unit away from the main body. I have to decide whether to send it back which is such a shame because otherwise I really like it's positive features.
I haven't yet had a reply to my email to Bosch. I will continue to update because this is such a quandry.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars So glad i bought this, 1 Aug. 2016
This is a really beautiful skirt. It will fit a wide range of waist sizes, as per the advert. On me, (I'm 5'1") it is about 2inches off the floor in bare feet. Tbe fabric is light and gorgeous, hangs beautifully.

The Sisters Brothers
The Sisters Brothers

5.0 out of 5 stars brilliant, 7 July 2016
an extremely entertaining tall tale set in goldrush America. it is brilliantly written and has intriguing, engaging characters (if in a very dark way - expect some violence) i paid the little bit extra for the audio version - well worth it.

Augment (Stories of Singularity #4)
Augment (Stories of Singularity #4)

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent new scifi, 21 May 2016
Brilliant. Engaging characters and intriguing situations. I'd be SO pleased if these were worked up to full length or even novellas, because I like to 'get lost' in a good, long story.

Aerobic Step Exercise step training workout stepper
Aerobic Step Exercise step training workout stepper

5.0 out of 5 stars perfect to remind me to exercise regularly., 8 May 2016
brilliant. I bought 2 so that I can practice more complicated routines. I keep them in the kitchen and use them all the time I'm cooking, etc!

Ladies' Regular Fit Denim Dungarees - Stonewash Quality dungarees Value Overalls
Offered by Dungarees Online

5.0 out of 5 stars Quite roomy but perfect in cold weather over other trousers, 8 May 2016
I am size 12/14 and ordered 14. Quite roomy but perfect in cold weather over other trousers. I'll probably order a 12 now the weather's warmer. I am absolutely delighted with them - perfect for gardening because avoids that irritating 'trouser waist rides down and t-shirt rides up' every time you bend down to pull a weed, etc. Also extremely well made and good quality denim and finishing.

This Census-Taker
This Census-Taker

5.0 out of 5 stars Mieville inventive as ever, brilliant as ever., 19 Mar. 2016
This review is from: This Census-Taker (Kindle Edition)
Brilliant of course. Mieville only does brilliant. As usual this is nothing like anything else he's written. I loved the way in which he keeps our 'little grey cells' puzzling to find enough pieces of the jigsaw whilst we try to push, pull and pummel the words and sentences into a linear narrative. There are plenty of clues and at first I thought I would re-read it now that I have prior knowledge, but then, would this spoil it? ....or make any difference? (Mmm...I apologise for mixing so many metaphors)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6