Profile for Gareth Vaughan > Reviews

Content by Gareth Vaughan

Gareth Vaughan (London, England)

TeckNet X300 2.4Ghz Full-Size Ergonomic Wireless Keyboard and Mouse Combo for Desktop With Multimedia Entertainment Key, Water-Resistant Keyboard Design-UK Layout
Offered by Innovation Goal UK

4.0 out of 5 stars Does eveything I need from a keyboard and mouse, 3 Jan. 2017
Great product for the price. They keyboard is comfortable to type with and has a good feel to the keys. I've been using the keyboard and mouse for a couple of months now and have had no problems. I had to get used to pressing a mouse button to bring it out of the power saving mode when I've not used it for a while, but that is a small compromise for having rid my desk to all the wires. There is an an-off switch on the mouse, but I have left it switched on constantly and the batteries seem to last fine.
Just one star deducted because the legs on the keyboard are not attached very securely. One was knocked off and lost by someone pushing my keyboard to the back of my desk, out of the way. If these were more robust then I'd give it five stars.
I haven't tested the water resistance of the keyboard yet. I'll update my review if/when I knock my coffee cup over.

Kingston 64 GB Micro SDHC UHS-I Speed Class 3 U3 Memory Card without Adapter
Kingston 64 GB Micro SDHC UHS-I Speed Class 3 U3 Memory Card without Adapter

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor quality, 15 Jun. 2016
Failed within a month, losing all my data

Sennheiser PXC 310 BT Closed Mini Headphones (NoiseGard 2.0 Technology,Talk Through Function,Bluetooth 2.1 Wireless Transmission)

2.0 out of 5 stars Comfortable but didn't work well for me, 8 Feb. 2012
The headphones were just the right size and weight for me. They sit comfortably on the ear and can be worn for long periods of time without irritation. I used them on a long haul flight and while walking around the city I was visiting.
On the flight the bluetooth function worked generally well. When playing music or videos the sound quality was fine. Not exceptional, but I don't know whether the devices I was using (iPhone 4 and iPad 1) support the highest quality bluetooth codecs. In between tracks or immediately after pressing pause the headphones emit some clicks and noise, presumably as the DAC is powered down.
Trying to use the headphones in a city was a very different matter. I would regularly (at least every couple of minutes, sometimes continuously) get stutters and pauses as the music was interrupted. It made it impossible to use the headphones in this mode, I had to resort to using a wired connection. This happened even when seemingly there was no one else around. It just seems that the headphones are very sensitive to radio interference.
The noise cancellation worked okay, but I wasn't really impressed. It did cut out a lot of the low frequency noises of an aircraft, but introduced high frequency hiss as a cost. Using these headphones in a quiet environment makes this hiss very noticeable. Enabling the noise cancellation also seems to enables some sort of additional audio processing of the music too - the music becomes noticeably brighter and with greater stereo separation. By contrast disabling the noise cancellation makes the music sound flatter but without any of the high frequency hiss.
For the price I paid for these headphones I was underwhelmed. My main reason for buying these was to have a pair of wireless headphones I could use on my daily commute, but as the bluetooth function doesn't work reliably I have returned them for a refund.