Profile for Kass > Reviews

Content by Kass

Kass (Bristol, UK)
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Philips GC442/67 StyleTouch Pure Garment Steamer Complements Ironing - Quick Touch Up - Get Ready in No Time

4.0 out of 5 stars This is a great addition and an alternative to my iron, but not a replacment, 27 Jun. 2017
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
First of all, if you are thinking that this is a direct replacement for your traditional iron - I would caution you that this works for some things better than a traditional iron and others it doesn't really do the job to a satisfactory level.

If like me, you have clothes which are difficult to iron on an ironing board or which are delicate, or even if you just want a quick method to get a few crumples rather than creases out of a garment before you leave the house - this comes into its element. If you have items that need to be pressed, as my grandmother always used to say, then this doesn't quite cut the mustard - because the steam and the heat help, but whilst you can use this in the same way as an iron - on a flat surface - it's not as comfortable to hold it that way.

On first use, I wasn't quite sure what to expect. I was pleased that you can just use normal tap water and that there is an easy calc function. Filling wasn't too hard (I used the same jug I use for filling my steam iron) and the max fill line is easy to see. It doesn't take too much water, which on the upside means that it isn't too heavy to hold, but the downside, is that you can only do a few items - although I managed more than I thought I would, having anticipated being able to steam 3 items, I actually steamed 6 and still had water in the tank to spare.

When the blue light flashes on the back, it is priming/warming up. When you first use the steamer - it takes a while for the steam to come out - as it works its way up the the vents in the hot plate. For a while, I thought it wasn't going to work at all and then, whoosh, out came the steam. You have to be careful as you need to pull at most fabrics on the diagonal to cleanly steam, but you need to watch the corners and not steam your fingers!

This is great for my girls school cardigans - clean, but left in a corner at the end of the day or their school t-shirts, which have been washed and line dried, but are too fiddly for the point of the iron - a quick steam and they are ready to wear. This is also good on skirts, dresses and tops with intricate details, where my iron is too cumbersome and I either iron in lines I don't want or can't reach and leave areas looking crumpled and as if they have been missed rather than they can't be reached. Steam gets into every awkward corner.

The foldable hanging steaming board is handy, but not perfect for everything - if you hook it over a hanger with an item on it, it works well for tops and short dresses, but for longer skirts, trousers and dresses, the bottom half hangs down passed the bottom of the protective cover, but actually, I use the wardrobe door and so far haven't noticed any problems with steam getting through double fabric to the other side.

All in all, I like this steamer, but as an addition to my usual iron, not as a replacement

ELEMIS Dynamic Resurfacing Day Cream SPF30 - Skin Smoothing Day Cream 50ml
ELEMIS Dynamic Resurfacing Day Cream SPF30 - Skin Smoothing Day Cream 50ml

5.0 out of 5 stars A luxurious face cream with so many wonderful premium ingredients, which are great for the skin, 27 Jun. 2017
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
First of all, I am not going to knock any stars off for the price - Elemis is a premium product and as such the price reflects that. Indeed this product is on sale elsewhere at full price and is currently, relatively speaking, a bargain on Amazon. Rather like the difference between a cheap and an expensive perfume is often found in the quality of the ingredients and the staying power - I think the same is true of this cream.

A quick glance down the long list of ingredients reveals a wealth of wonderful skincare ingredients, from the raspberry seed oil with high levels of vitamins A and E and omega-3 and -6 fatty acids. It has anti-inflammatory properties useful in the treatment of eczema other skin conditions, so is perfect for my skin and it also has natural SPF.

It contains lemon balm, which is a rich anti-oxidant and shea butter which moisturises and smoothes the skin as well as soothing it. Starflower seed oil restores moisture and smoothness to dry, damaged skin and may help reduce the onset of skin aging if used as part of an overall anti-aging skincare routine. It also eyebright extract, which has natural astringent and antibacterial agents known to be effective in tightening the porous skin and healing acne and irritated skin, mimosa tenuiflora bark extract, which has properties that help to regenerate epidermal tissue and myrtle leaf extract, which is valued for its astringent properties and helps with open pores, sagging skin, and acne. Finally, one of the stars of the show - the white truffle oil, which contains a special enzyme called Superoxide Dismutase (SOD), which is full of antioxidants and has been shown to isolate free radicals and prevent them from doing damage, which makes for smoother skin with fewer fine lines and wrinkles.

All in all, there are lots of premium ingredients and you can feel and see this on the skin. After the very first use, I noticed a number of positive things 1. My skin immediately felt smoother and softer
2. There was no tackiness or stickiness on my skin, the cream absorbs perfectly
3. You hardly need any cream - a little goes a long way (they include a slightly strange little spatula, I suppose to ensure you don't take out more than you need and don't waste any).
4. I had no adverse reaction - many cheaper creams will contain something that will make my skin feel uncomfortable, but this is a joy to use.

I will need to use this for a longer period to be able to decide whether or not it helps with the longer term aim of resurfacing my skin, but I hope to be able to update this review if it is successful.

The downside (if you ignore the cost) is that you are supposed to stay out of the sun if you use any resurfacing products as your skin is more likely to be damaged by the suns rays - but the SPF 30 is no doubt factored in to counteract this effect. I don't sunbathe and I spend most of my time in an office out of direct sunlight, but if you do spend a lot of time outdoors day in day out, you might want to bear this in mind

AUKEY Mechanical Keyboard 87 Keys US-Layout with Blue Switch LED-Backlit Gaming Keyboard with Key Cap Puller for PC and Laptop Gamers
Offered by Tianyue Dazzling

4.0 out of 5 stars Good mechanical keyboard with rainbow lights, 26 Jun. 2017
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a really well made mechanical keyboard for the money and it not only feels robust, but the keyboard is well lit with vibrant colours. There are a number of different settings that you can scroll through, but I like the full lit look with a rainbow of colours - a different colour in each line.

The keyboard types well and the only issue for many will be the layout is that of an American keyboard, which doesn't bother me as my office keyboards are set up in the same way.

Spider-Man 6-Inch Marvel Legends Series Goblin Figure
Spider-Man 6-Inch Marvel Legends Series Goblin Figure

4.0 out of 5 stars Realistic model with decent articulation and free Sandman heads! Bit pricey though..., 26 Jun. 2017
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a really lovely articulated figure either for die-hard collectors or for children of either gender to play with.

The Green Goblin, oh so iconic, is really well portrayed in this Mavel model, with great movement through all of the joints and a couple of nice accessories. There is a pumpkin bomb is the right size for him to be able to hold - although it's not always that easy to get him to hold on to it. There is also the Goblin Glider - his silver hoverboard, which you can slip his feet in their little purple boots into.

Along with the Green Goblin model and his accessories, there are also two heads for the Sandman figure. If you buy all of the other models in this series, you can collect the parts to make the complete Sandman. You can't buy the Sandman separately, but at over £25 a figure, he is by far the most expensive of them all, as you need all the separate parts.

Overall, I think that this is a bit pricey for what it is, but for the real fan, it will be worth it. The age guidance is 4+, but the mad grin on the Green Goblin's face might disturb the sleep of younger children.

STABILO Power Felt Tip Pen - Wallet of 12, Assorted Colours
STABILO Power Felt Tip Pen - Wallet of 12, Assorted Colours

4.0 out of 5 stars Good for the easily-distracted - they won't dry up if you forget to pop the lid back on, 26 Jun. 2017
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Whoever came up with these felt tips pens knows a thing or two about what can be infuriating about felt tip pens - particularly if you share them as a family. Namely, the fact that it is all too easy to leave the lid off a colouring pen, especially if you are a child who easily gets distracted.

I have thrown away so many dried up pens and so finding a set of pens which I know won't makes me really happy. These are good standard colouring pens in a nice selection of good standard colours, but they aren't for intricate colouring, as they are rather thick nibbed. Excellent for younger children especially, but also good for forgetful older children and adults!

PaperPro - EPS11HC-220V-GB - PencilPro Replaceable Cutter School Pencil Sharpener, Silver/Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazingly quick - perfect for a school office, 26 Jun. 2017
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
As an Office Manager in an all-through school with children from 4-16 years old, this is a real godsend. There is no way that we could have something like this in a classroom - partly because it would be too expensive to kit up each classroom with this kind of equipment, but also because the children would want to use it (or rather play with it) all day long and they have better things to be getting on with.

Instead, this is useful to allow teachers to bring pots of pencils to the back office to sharpen all at once as often as they want - sometimes once a week, sometimes once a term - depending on the class the the pencils. We use this for different size and types of pencil - from the youngest children's beginner pencils and colouring pencils to the standard pencils used by the older children and the specialist art pencils.

The machine is easy to use - plug and play - when the pencil is sharpened to a needle-sharp point - the circle glows blue to let you know you are done. The speed is phenomenal and you can get through a whole pot of pencils in a matter of minutes.

The collection tray underneath is massive and it collects the thin string shavings underneath and doesn't need emptying very often, but when you do need to - it is easy to slide out.

The only downside to using this that I have found is that I sharpen my pencils more often than I might otherwise and you sharpen them to a sharper point than you would with a mechanical pencil sharpener, which means that they get shorter sooner and you need to buy pencils more frequently.

Kiss The Moon Dream After Dark Balm 12ml
Kiss The Moon Dream After Dark Balm 12ml

5.0 out of 5 stars This has noticeably improved my sleep and it is beautifully presented should you wish to gift it, 25 Jun. 2017
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
What a gorgeous little pot - great for personal use or for a gift for anyone who wants help drifting off to sleep. I have suffered with difficulties falling asleep or waking restlessly in the night either through anxiety or restless legs for many years and am always willing to try something new.

The balm comes in a sweet little black box, tied with a pretty black ribbon with the words "sleep beautifully" in metallic purple on it. On opening the jar is wrapped in some black tissue paper, which when you open it is covered in information about the balm typed in silvery letters on the tissue paper, which feels really special.

The balm is in a small jar with a silver metal lid, which twists to reveal the perfumed shea butter and seed oil mixture. The fragrance is wonderful and really does promote a feeling of relaxation if you let it and applying it to your pulse points (I dab it on my temples, behind my ears and a little on my wrists) helps to circulate the smells. I know that lavender and roman chamomile help me to sleep anyway, but it's great to have the addition of bergamot and cedarwood is brilliant. Since using this balm and sleeping better, I have looked these up and bergamot reduces anxiety and cedarwood is especially good for those (like me) with restless leg syndrome and since using this it has been much better.

I am not going to overstate the benefits, but they have been noticeable and I have now incorporated this into my nightly routine.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 27, 2017 12:48 PM BST

John Frieda Radiant Red Colour Protecting Conditioner 250ml
John Frieda Radiant Red Colour Protecting Conditioner 250ml

5.0 out of 5 stars Leaves my coloured hair brighter and shinier and most importantly, tangle-free!, 25 Jun. 2017
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I naturally have a hint of red in my hair, but I also colour my hair from time to time and usually choose a red colour of some kind to lift my hair colour. At the moment, I have a lovely strong red colour in my hair, but it has been looking a bit dull lately and so I thought that this might help. I have bought the matching shampoo and using both together really has helped - my hair is shinier and brighter using this conditioner and it is most importantly, tangle-free!

Rimmel Rita Ora 60 Seconds Nail Polish, Number 464 Urban Chameleon
Rimmel Rita Ora 60 Seconds Nail Polish, Number 464 Urban Chameleon

4.0 out of 5 stars The Urban Chameleon shade is a lovely olive colour with a high shine, 25 Jun. 2017
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I have the Urban Chameleon colour from this range and I was a little worried that this colour might bit a little bit too grey, but it is actually a much better colour in real life than it appears on the screen - it is a nice olive green and is a richer colour than the pale olive I can see on the Amazon website. The polish goes on easily with the wider brush and I didn't experience any problems with getting a lovely smooth finish, but took slightly longer than I expected to get dry to a hard finish.

STABILO Trio Jumbo Felt Tip Colouring Pen -Wallet of 12, Assorted Colours
STABILO Trio Jumbo Felt Tip Colouring Pen -Wallet of 12, Assorted Colours

5.0 out of 5 stars Good set of chunkier than average vibrant colouring pens, 25 Jun. 2017
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Chunkier than average colouring pens, these are really easy to hold whether you are 4 or 44, which their nicely shaped pen shafts. There is a nice range of 12 colours, which include all of the standard colours that you might expect from a set of felt tips. The tips of the pens are thick enough to allow you to colour in larger areas more quickly.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20