Profile for C. L. Roe > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-13
3X E14 SES R50 21 SMD LED ENERGY SAVING BULB COOL WHITE 50W HALOGEN EQUIVALENT
3X E14 SES R50 21 SMD LED ENERGY SAVING BULB COOL WHITE 50W HALOGEN EQUIVALENT

5.0 out of 5 stars Super bright LED cluster bulbs, 22 Mar. 2014
The picture does not clearly show the glass cover which is integral with the lamp. Warning! these lamps are extremely bright so do not look at them while they are on - or you will get after-image for a long time! Unlike energy efficient tubular bulbs - these come on instantly at full brightness.

I chose 'cool white' for the Kitchen, though in retrospect wish I had bought the 'warm' tone, because the ones I have give a rather stark light, but I got used to it after about a week.

They are a direct replacement for my old R50s which used to blow after only a few weeks - I have had these in place for months so far and am assured that they will last for years. At only 14 watts they give out much more light than I would ave expected.

Swirl Jacquard Design Pair of Arm Caps (Cream)
Swirl Jacquard Design Pair of Arm Caps (Cream)
Offered by Maple textiles

5.0 out of 5 stars Keeps the armchair arms clean, 22 Mar. 2014
They have a nice offwhite colour and design. For people who grip or fiddle with the arms of their chair - it stops any dirt or grease getting on your upholstery - the covers can be laundered eaily.

They do not have any adjustment - so may need a little fitting - I use those little brass safety pins - one on each side - to stop them slipping off my chair.

TomTom Start 25 5-Inch Sat Nav GPS System with UK/Ireland Maps/Lifetime Map Updates

4.0 out of 5 stars 10 times better than my old model, 22 Mar. 2014
Nice landscape view which rights itself which ever way up it is used - this matters because it allows it to be mounted in different ways. It is sold as a starter sat-nav, but is much better than the earlier more expensive TT model it replaced. It sometimes sets the position quickly but can take several minutes if it cannot 'see' the sky well; it has many options including the Artificial Intelligence that is based on traffic flow at different times of the day. Can be set to exclude certain types of roads. Also can be set for walking and cycling - but there is a draw back here as off road is not mapped; there are many user adjustable options and additional voices can be downloaded - some free. I like being able to toggle a different route if you do not like the one chosen.

It has itinerary planning and the option to set 'way-points' though something I have yet to master. One of the best functions is Assisted Lane Changing at complex junctions and especially on motorways.

It can be separated from the universal joint and suction pad, but in practise it is simpler to leave it in place - especially as the pad assembly acts as a capstan to store the power cable; you would do this rather than fiddle with the little plug, which although better than the old type is still awkward to align. Just one thing here the cable does twist slip inside the insulation after a while and is a little awkward to stow - but are cheap to replace. This is the reason I deducted one star.

It has updates at least weekly if you wish to download them - by simply installing a little program - it is almost automatic. You can choose just official TomTom road changes or peer changes too. My version has 'free maps for life' - that is as many years as they think it Will last - not the life of the user!

I bought the Amazon case; the display has many skins and levels of brightness and, though I fitted a GlareStomper shrouding to shade the screen .

This model would suit first time buyers or seasoned sat-nav users.

Snug Single Contour Memory Foam Pillow plus COOLMAX zipped washable cover
Snug Single Contour Memory Foam Pillow plus COOLMAX zipped washable cover
Offered by SNUG MATTRESS

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what the doctor ordered!, 22 Mar. 2014
I have been using the pillow for several months now, so I can give a considered opinion. Gone are my morning stiff neck symptoms; by lying on my back I move around the bed a lot less and feel more rested. I use the larger side with a slim pillow beneath it, but this will vary person to person. Having used a memory foam back rest, I expected it to be 'hot' but it is not - no doubt due to the 'Coolmax' cover.

It is far superior to those old spongy ones - I wish I had discovered it years ago.

It will suit anyone who has neck problems.

ASUS Google Nexus 7 7-inch Tablet (2GB RAM, 32GB eMMC)
ASUS Google Nexus 7 7-inch Tablet (2GB RAM, 32GB eMMC)
Offered by Phonic Solutions

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb bit of kit, 20 Mar. 2014
I had the previous version first and this is so much better - better memory management, much faster, wonderful definition, very responsive screen. Owing to my having a tremor I use TouchPal keyboard app and a microfibre stylus for input. True the device has no vibrate, Flash support or LED flash - but it can be charged on a Qi wireless charger so does not have the problem of plugging and unplugging breaking the socket.

Great Wi-Fi, GPS, Bluetooth, great for games, all in all worth every penny.

KoolPad Qi Wireless Charger Pad compatible with Samsung Galaxy S8, S8+, S7, S7 Edge, S6, S6 Edge, S6 Edge + (Plus), Note 5, Nexus 4, 5, 6, 7, Moto 360 Watch, Google Pixel, Pixel XL & LG G6 with UniQi, Samsung Galaxy S3, S4, S5, Note 3, Note 4, 8, Alpha with PWRcard & SlimPWRcard, iPhone X, 8, 7, 7 Plus, 6S, SE, 6S Plus, 6, 6 Plus, 5, 5C, 5S with iQi Mobile, and Other Qi-Enabled Tablets & Phones.
Offered by Fonesalesman

5.0 out of 5 stars Lengthens the life of your Tablet!, 19 Mar. 2014
This is a 'cool' invention indeed. My last tablet stopped working after being plugged and unplugged hundreds of times - but now I only use the connector for attaching to my PC occasionally. Some people have said it gets hot - if positioned correctly this is not so; also they say it keeps beeping - again this is not so if it is positioned correctly.

If it has a downside it is because it is smaller even than my 7" Tablet and it is a little hard to judge where to place it on the device the first couple of times.

When your Tablet is charged the device drops to maintenance mode.

When I get my next mobile phone I will get one that charges on this.

Women's Winter Knit Crochet Leg Warmers Legging 5 Colors (Dark Grey)
Women's Winter Knit Crochet Leg Warmers Legging 5 Colors (Dark Grey)
Offered by Sanwood

4.0 out of 5 stars Ankle warmers!, 19 Mar. 2014
I am a tall male and my pyjama trousers are always too short - so in the Winter I use them to stop the draught when I eat my breakfast. For me they are ankle warmers! One star deducted because they can only be put on one way round and this cannot be seen by looking at them.

I would buy them again and do recommend them.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Completes the Tablet kit, 19 Mar. 2014
Lightweight and keeps the screen scratch free. Although it has the facility to fold back on itself it does not have the strength to support itself in viewing mode - I think it must be cleverly balanced in the picture. It does however support itself in the low position for entering text. It is nice to have so many colours. It leaves all the buttons and sockets and speakers clear. The back is also thin enough to use a wireless Qi charger as I do.

And it is cheap too!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 20, 2014 9:48 AM GMT

Genuine Ladies Extra Thick Wool Cuff Sheepskin Slippers with Hard Man Made Sole. Grey / Vole. Size 3

5.0 out of 5 stars Bought for my wife - she loves them!, 19 Mar. 2014
She occasionally goes to the bin in them as they have a sole. She says they are so comfy and warm as toast.

EOn Surge Protected Energy Saver Power Down Socket w/TV Remote Sensor, 2 pieces value pack
Offered by JSP online

5.0 out of 5 stars Does exactly what it says on the box and you get two too!, 19 Mar. 2014
So easy to use and very little fuss setting it up. It is a replacement for one that packed in after about 2 years - through over use! I was surprised to get two for the price of one - one for the main TV and one for my stereo.

It will save £s if you tend to leave your set on 'Standby.' It also has an always on socket so such as a Sky box can be left to update as normal.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-13