Profile for S.M > Reviews

Content by S.M

S.M

Page: 1 | 2
Yousave Accessories Set of 9 Multi Coloured Ergonomic Soft Grip Crochet Hook Needles - 2mm to 6mm

5.0 out of 5 stars Comfortable crocheting at last - no more blistered fingers, 5 Nov. 2015
Excellent product and good value. Extra cushioning on handles makes crocheting so much easier. Good courteous service from seller. Just let down by Royal Mail taking over 7 days to deliver, outside the promised delivery timeframe.

Mcoplus - Remote Shutter Release Cable Cord RS-80N3 / C3 for Canon EOS 10D, 1D, 1D C, 1D mk II, 1D mk II N, 1D mk III, 1D mk IV, 1D X, 1Ds, 1Ds mk2, 1Ds mk3, 20D, 20Da, 30D, 40D, 50D, 5D, 5D mk II, 5D mk III, Canon EOS 6D, 7D, D30, D60, Kodak DSC-530
Offered by HLP.TRADING

Philips HD4644/00 Energy Efficient Kettle, 3000 Watt, 1.7 Litre - White
Philips HD4644/00 Energy Efficient Kettle, 3000 Watt, 1.7 Litre - White

3.0 out of 5 stars Replacement for identical leaky kettle, 29 Oct. 2015
As other reviewers, this is replacing the same product which started to leak when it was just out of warranty. Philips were most unhelpful, blaming me for not descaling regularly enough, rather than a product with some built in fault. I'm hoping this kettle serves me longer as it is otherwise an excellent product with extremely quiet and efficient boiling

Casio AW-80D-7AVES Ladies Watch Quartz Analogue White Dial Black Resin Strap
Casio AW-80D-7AVES Ladies Watch Quartz Analogue White Dial Black Resin Strap

5.0 out of 5 stars However the watch itself does what I want it to and am not disappointed, so review is for watch and not Amazon, 20 Jan. 2015
Replaces older version of same watch but looks more the part with metal strap and makes it look more expensive with grey and silver instead of black and silver with black resin strap on my old watch. Has all I need. Beware as other reviewers that this is a man's watch and has a generous strap, so mis-described. I needed 2 links out which a jeweller charged £2.50 for. Fair value for removing links but Amazon should include relevant instructions or offer voucher towards that. It arrived within 2 weeks quoted delivery time but seemed excessive for small item. However the watch itself does what I want it to and am not disappointed, so review is for watch and not Amazon.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Just the job, 23 Nov. 2014
Neat and protects just as it should do with all functions usable through pre-cut holes.

Norton 360 21.0 - 3 Computers, 1 Year Subscription (PC) [2014 Edition]
Norton 360 21.0 - 3 Computers, 1 Year Subscription (PC) [2014 Edition]

3.0 out of 5 stars Definitely not straightforward, 9 May 2014
From the description it appears a direct upgrade to the previous N360. It wasn't as it was Multidevice version and required complete re-installation. After 3 weeks it stopped my wireless connection and browser. Fortunately I had another computer and found how to reconnect wireless but not browser. The initial help desk at Norton advised uninstalling and re-installing but their emailed link was to a non-MD version so my product key was incompatible. Eventually another advisor took remote access and sorted it out after about 2 hours. Of course I needed the second computer to chat. My upgraded computer does now run more efficiently than before, but surely Norton can get their product act together better. As to protection, only time will tell if it protects comprehensively but previous versions have done that fine albeit slowing down the processing at the same time.

Garmin nuvi 3590LMT 5" Sat Nav with UK and Full Europe Maps, Free Lifetime Map Updates, Free Lifetime Traffic Alerts and Bluetooth

2.0 out of 5 stars Bigger screen but...., 29 April 2013
This is an update after using the unit for longer and having to return the original unit. Initially I was asked to do a master reset and re-install but that made no difference to the issues, so via Amazon I received a next day replacement - brilliant. Firstly, 3D buildings which I can now see. However don't buy for this feature as it appears that they will only appear in the largest cities and then only rarely. Swansea being my nearest city has 1 building!! Cardiff has just a few. I've not yet visited a place where they appear as I'm driving so feel disappointed with this advertised feature. I've only seen them theoretically in review mode. Perhaps if you're in London, you'll be more content with this, but of course you may have plenty of time to compare the real building with what's on your screen as you endure your traffic jam. Secondly the traffic signal shows green from the moment the unit is powered. However for most of my journeys even on key UK motorways when I touch the traffic symbol it says it is receiving no signal or it is searching for one. So I never know whether there is a problem en route which the unit can't tell me about it because it is searching for a signal or whether my route is clear. The handbook says gray should appear if Traffic information is not avialble and green if traffic is flowing freely. The third issue concerns map details. I have the unit set so I can see about 10 miles ahead and like to see names of places appearing as I drive. All my setting are correct but the longer I drive, the less detail I have until eventually no place names display. However doing a hard switch off and then back on refreshes the level of detail. Surely not how this should work. Garmin staff have been polite and courteous once you eventually get through. For these reasons I'm further downgrading my rating. Not the premium product I was expecting.

This is replacing my 4.3" older Garmin which would freeze on me regularly and was showing it's age. I like the bigger screen but as before the direction bar at the top and dashboard at the bottom take up too much of the map, partially neutralising the increased screen size. I find the screen very shiny and prone to finger marks and difficult to read when the sun is shining, not because the sun is on it but because of reflections of the car interior onto the screen. I agree with previous reviewers on the length of time to do the initial update and registration process, but because I started late afternoon meant it was finished in time to go to bed. Those who were used to numerous symbols to distinguish between your favourites will be disappointed as they are now big green square signs with a heart, diamond etc. There are some extras but none as practical on my previous machine - beach, boat, buildings etc. My main complaint is on the traffic receiver. It is permanently on green indicating free flowing traffic ( so I don't know if it is clear traffic or just no signal), however it should show gray where I live = no signal being received as when I press the button for more details, it says it is searching for a signal. Only a couple of times in trips on motorways in central England has it found a signal and detected traffic problems which were spot on. So if Amazon / Garmin advise on this, I may increase my star rating. All my POI's from previous searches transferred easily to this machine. Haven't seen any 3D realistic buildings appear yet but photo-realistic junctions work well. Very fast at calculating and start up, particularly as it can go into sleep mode and does not need to be turned off fully. Not the dramatic advances I'd hoped for after 4 years, but a solid performer that feels quality - 5 steps forward but probably 3 backwards. Oh and I do recommend a case as that screen looks like it may pick up any blemish - I may even consider a screen protector. Good value as I bought it when Amazon had dropped the price by £30 for 3 days!!

Tech21 D3O Impact Snap Case with Cover for Samsung Galaxy SIII - White
Tech21 D3O Impact Snap Case with Cover for Samsung Galaxy SIII - White
Offered by DeviceFun

4.0 out of 5 stars Protects and fits well, 18 Feb. 2013
It does what it's supposed to do and looks great with my white Galaxy. However why didn't I choose the darker colour? After 2 months, it's already looking scruffy because of dye from clothes and fingers etc and with at least 2 more years of phone use what will it look like then? All phone functions work well with cover folding back well. You have to decide how to hold cover if you're using camera or video as you can't fold back without blocking lens. Very neat product but just so sorry I didn't choose the darker version.

Braun 32S Replacement Foil Multi Silver BLS Cassette
Braun 32S Replacement Foil Multi Silver BLS Cassette
Offered by Lepok International

5.0 out of 5 stars Does what it should do, 14 Jan. 2013
Do replace when the light tells you to. It does make a difference to your shaving quality. I also use the fluid which is definitely worthwhile. Excellent delivery in 2 days

Tech21 D3O Impact Snap Case for Samsung Galaxy SIII - Matte White
Tech21 D3O Impact Snap Case for Samsung Galaxy SIII - Matte White
Offered by M H TECHNOLOGIES

3.0 out of 5 stars Perfect Protection, 14 Jan. 2013
Just be careful if buying this as it comes with no front cover so what's the purpose? If that's what you want then should be fine if pricey for a bit of plastic back protection. I returned mine and exchanged for the 1 with a front cover which makes perfect sense. Feel Amazon's description could be clearer to emphasise no front cover and protection.

Page: 1 | 2