Profile for B. M. Gilson > Reviews

Mine & Yours
Mine & Yours
Offered by ReNew Entertainment

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, 20 Oct. 2011
This review is from: Mine & Yours (Audio CD)
I loved Mary on X-Factor and this cd is all that I loved about her.

She sings Shirley Bassey better than Shirley Bassey.

Well done Mary!!

Letters
Letters
Offered by b68solutions

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, 20 Oct. 2011
This review is from: Letters (Audio CD)
I LOVE Matt Cardle but am so disappointed with this CD. The songs would be wonderful if only the instrumentals and backing did not drown out that beautiful voice.

Maybe it is my ears because I have the same problem with X Factor............in fact all ITV efforts.......Drowned out.

I certainly did not expect it with this album..........but hey ho.........Simon Cowell at his best (worst for me)

Matt, I want a cd where I hear you and only you.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 26, 2011 1:47 PM BST

Law & Order: UK - Series 3 [DVD]
Law & Order: UK - Series 3 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Bradley Walsh

1.0 out of 5 stars NO SUBTITLES!!!!!, 25 Mar. 2011
I am sure the series was very good. The pictures were but with no subtitles I could not hear it.

When is ITV going to learn? The sound on their programmes is notoriously bad and they so rarely cater to those who struggle to hear. Is it a money saving issue or do they just not care?

Thank goodness for BBC who always take us into consideration.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 13, 2012 3:41 PM BST

The Promise [DVD]
The Promise [DVD]
Dvd ~ Claire Foy

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, 25 Mar. 2011
This review is from: The Promise [DVD] (DVD)
I bought this by accident and having watched it, I am delighted.

For me, an avid reader of Leon Uris books, and as such, a diehard supporter of the Jews in Israel. This film opened my eyes to the plight of the Arabs and reminded me that where humans are concerned, there is hardly ever a 'right' side.

Beautifully acted throughout and each episode leaves you impatient for the next.

Spooks Series 9 [DVD]
Spooks Series 9 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Peter Firth

1.0 out of 5 stars What a let down, 19 Mar. 2011
This review is from: Spooks Series 9 [DVD] (DVD)
I have bought and loved all the Spooks series prior to this latest one.

I have been waiting impatiently for it's release and was so excited when it arrived. Now I wish I had not bothered.

The plots are rehashes of earlier plots with an attempt to make them relevant to current events. The scriptwriting is puerile to say the least.

The characterisation has produced totally unbelievable buffoons. The Home Secretary is just ridiculous.

I have been cringing for the fine actors who made the earlier releases so excellent. They have tried their best but given the material they had to work with,I am sure they are well aware that this series has not been their finest hour.

I am just so very disappointed.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 19, 2011 9:56 PM GMT

Red [DVD]
Red [DVD]
Dvd ~ Bruce Willis
Offered by DVDBayFBA

5.0 out of 5 stars Red.............Wonderful, 21 Feb. 2011
This review is from: Red [DVD] (DVD)
This had been thr best entertainment I have had since Avatar.

All the characters were wonderful but for me John Malkovich stole the show. There was one short 3 second action that will live with me for ever. It could not have been scripted it was just brillaint understanding of the character..............and no,Red [DVD] [2010] I am not going to say what it was..........you have to watch it and see it for yourself.

Do yourself a big favour and buy this dvd............you will not regret it.

The Sword of Truth Set #02 (Books 4, 5 & 6)
The Sword of Truth Set #02 (Books 4, 5 & 6)
by Terry Goodkind
Edition: Mass Market Paperback

1.0 out of 5 stars Bad Book Binding, 3 Jun. 2010
Whilst I love these books and am working my way through them, I am bitterly disappointed with the quality of this book set.

The printing is not good but worse still is the binding. The pages will not open fully and it makes reading very difficult. I like to read lying in bed and it is impossible with these books as you have to hold the book open with 2 hands in order to be able to read the words in the middle of the book.

Very cumbersome and irritating.

I for one would rather pay a little more and get a decent print and binding.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 18, 2010 7:12 PM BST

House Season 5 [DVD]
House Season 5 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Hugh Laurie
Offered by Gaming_Universe

1.0 out of 5 stars Not user friendly, 5 Oct. 2009
This review is from: House Season 5 [DVD] (DVD)
I love the series and have bought all the box sets but had to give up trying to watch it during series 4. The sound quality is very poor and there are no sub-titles available.

One would have thought that a medical series would have paid more attention to viewer disabilities.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 2, 2009 4:55 PM GMT