Profile for paul W > Reviews

Content by paul W

paul W (Yorkshire, England)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Gordini Men's Gloves Aquabloc Down Gauntlet II Black black Size:X-Large
Gordini Men's Gloves Aquabloc Down Gauntlet II Black black Size:X-Large

5.0 out of 5 stars Warmest gloves ever, 9 Dec. 2016
Warmest ever gloves but need to size up - my hands are not the biggest but I needed the XL size - not only for the fit but to make sure warm air can circulate around the fingers.

I've had a pair of these for years and they are finally wearing out hence my purchase of a new pair. This new pair seems to be of improved quality over the old ones with regards to the exterior of the glove.

I ride a scooter through Northern English winters and these are the only gloves that keep my hands warm - that's after trying quite a few different types of motorcycle gloves (to be fair the well-known German motorcycle clothing company do produce half decent lobster claw gloves but still not as warm as these Gordini).

I wouldn't use these in wet weather but you would never use any down-filled product in wet weather.

The Highest Tide: Rejacketed
The Highest Tide: Rejacketed

5.0 out of 5 stars Very, very amusing., 26 Feb. 2016
The clever but straight-faced protagonist Miles and his slacker side-kick Phelps are a delightful combination and remind me of similar duos in 'A walk in the woods' and 'Sideways'. Not only an absorbing story but constantly amusing with some genuine laugh out loud moments (just try not to think of the funny scenes at innapropriate moments later, like I did, or you'll get some funny looks when you suddenly start sniggering for no apparent reason).

Extremely well-written and an absolute delight to read. Highly recommended.

Londonistan: Britain's Terror State from Within
Londonistan: Britain's Terror State from Within

5.0 out of 5 stars Uncannily prescient., 10 Dec. 2015
Written some years ago it's almost as if she could foretell the future. The mistakes that were being made then are still being made now - blaming the victims instead of the real culprits and continuing to tiptoe around real issues.

The Diversity Illusion: What We Got Wrong About Immigration & How to Set It Right

5.0 out of 5 stars Dazzling, 20 Sept. 2015
This is a complete dismantling of the insane policy of uncontrolled mass immigration. This should be essential reading for anyone interested in the future of this country and the way we want to leave it for our children and grandchildren.

FDX Mens Quality Cycling Bib Shorts Coolmax® Padding Cycle Tight Shorts (Black/Blue, Large)
Offered by Fdxsports

5.0 out of 5 stars Comfortable, 28 Aug. 2015
I've worn these about 30 times so far and they're holding up well - no stitching coming loose or anything like that. At first the shoulder straps were a bit 'snug' but they've loosened up. They're very comfortable. This is my first pair of bib shorts so I can't compare with more expensive ones; I'm curious to know exactly what more you would get from an expensive pair compared to these. For the price you can't go wrong.

Garmin Carabiner Clip for Handheld GPS
Garmin Carabiner Clip for Handheld GPS

3.0 out of 5 stars Tight fit, 12 Aug. 2015
Would have been better the other way round - if you attach this to a gps unit like an etrex and hang it from your chest strap on your pack then it's upside down.

The bigger issue is that it's difficult to get on and off - the strapping pushing up against the gps unit doesn't help the fit.

The good thing is it prevents that annoying habit the etrex has of the joystick getting accidentally pushed/clicked.

Eurosport Player
Eurosport Player

1.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't let me subscribe, 5 Aug. 2015
This review is from: Eurosport Player (App)
Hangs when I try to subscribe - great for saving money as I'm prevented from spending a fiver a month subscription.

The Battle of Britain
The Battle of Britain

5.0 out of 5 stars Gripping, 15 Dec. 2014
I thought the whole book was gripping.

I wasn't bothered that it didn't focus exclusively on the Battle of Britain itself; the rest of the story leading up to it put it into context and was fascinating.

Zefal 43 Christophe MTB Toe-Clips - Large/X-Large, Black
Zefal 43 Christophe MTB Toe-Clips - Large/X-Large, Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Good for road bikes in winter, 15 Dec. 2014
This review is from: Zefal 43 Mtb Toe-Clips (Sports)
Good for getting chunkier winter shoes/boots to fit into them. There is more clearance between the base and the top compared to regular toe clips. Perfect for the winter boots I've just bought.

The Chess Middlegame:  How to Think About It
The Chess Middlegame: How to Think About It

1.0 out of 5 stars Not about the middle game and no chess positions given, 14 Nov. 2014
Absolutely dreadful. It's like a mixture of a Thesaurus explaining different chess terms and some pschyco-babble. I don't know how many pages this would be in a real book but, mercifully perhaps, I flicked through to 100% in almost no time.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4