Profile for Helifilm O. > Reviews

Content by Helifilm O.

Helifilm O.

Lychee 8GB Voice Recorder USB Rechargeable Dictaphone LCD Recorder with Multifunctional Digital Audio and MP3 Player (Silver Grey)

1.0 out of 5 stars Generates noise and shuts down some audio sources!, 2 April 2017
Voice quality is really bad when using audio input cable. At first, I thought it was my audio source that was generating noise. However, now I have tested it with different sources and they all result in a lot of noise being recorded. I also tested my audio sources with another similar voice recorder and saw no problem. So, it is definitely this model that is causing problems! What's more, while testing with different audio sources, I discovered that it forces some of them to shut down! One audio source I used simply shut down when I tried to record it with this recorder. This means this recorder could be short-circuiting and it could damage whatever audio device you are using to send the input. Again, another audio recorder similar to this one had no problem with that audio source or vise versa.

Coolermaster Notepal U2 Cooler with Dual Fan for Notebook - Black
Coolermaster Notepal U2 Cooler with Dual Fan for Notebook - Black

4.0 out of 5 stars Ok, but noisy, 13 Jan. 2014
It works fine, but airflow is not particularly strong and the noise level is also way above what I expected. Rubber legs also come off easily. However, the ability to place the fans in the correct place justifies its price.

Anker® Uspeed USB 3.0 7-Port Hub with 36W Power Adapter and 3ft USB 3.0 Cable [VIA VL812 Chipset]
Offered by AnkerDirect

5.0 out of 5 stars Works perfect, 13 Jan. 2014
I got to give this USB hub an honor of flawlessly connecting my Logitech Wireless Gaming Headset G930! Many other people have complained that they are unable to connect those headphones through a USB hub!

Logitech Wireless Gaming Headset G930 (Discontinued)
Logitech Wireless Gaming Headset G930 (Discontinued)

4.0 out of 5 stars A good headset although technical execution could have been better, 13 Jan. 2014
If found this headset to be good in general. Surround sound is nice. Headphones are easy to use. It is super comfortable for the head! Programmable buttons are useful!

Pleasant surprise is that I also managed to it get with work properly with Anker Uspeed USB 3.0 7-Port Hub (comes with a 36W Power Adapter!). Many people have complained that the US transmitter stick won't work if not plugged directly into the computer!

Now the cons:
1, It switches off-and-on once in a while. I don't do gaming or other important things with it, so I am ok if a song or a movie sound breaks for ten second or so few times a day, but other people might be very pissed off about it. You are hereby warned!
2. The range is not too big, maybe 10 meters. With my previous wireless headphones (with separate power adapter and transmitter), I could do 50 meters (although I did eventually get Ghostbusters looking guys with weird radio equipment from National Telecommunications Oversight Authority to pay me a visit about those headphones. This will not happen with g930)
3. When there is silence, the headphones automatically switch off after a while. This is particularly annoying feature if you are waiting for a Skype call in silence or something like that. There is no way around it!
4. The power-button has to be pushed way more than 2 second written in the manual to turn it on-and-off. It also looks like it can easily break.
5. Micro-USB plug (used to connect the charging cable) of the headphones looks it can break easily.
6. The micro-USB charging cable that comes out from the USB dock is really only for charging. It won't transmit data if you plug it into other devices. This is annoying since the USB transmitter, which I have plugged into the dock (which in turn connects to the computer), already takes up an USB port. Now I have one useless micro-USB cable-end hanging on the table and when I want to to connect something else that requires this type of cable, still I have to use another USB to micro-USB cable. Dual use of the charging cable could have been nice.