Profile for moonmonkey > Reviews

Content by moonmonkey

moonmonkey

Machinarium : Collectors Edition (PC/Mac DVD)
Machinarium : Collectors Edition (PC/Mac DVD)

2.0 out of 5 stars WARNING! Shorter even than other reviews have suggested, 30 Nov. 2011
I was just starting to LOVE this game when I was horrified to realise it was all over. As other reviewers have stated, the artistic design and humour is truly charming and the puzzles are imaginative - but 4 and a half hours after opening the wrapping I was left feeling like I had played an intriguing demo rather than a complete game. I purchased the "collector's edition" simply because it was the only version available at the time. This meant that I received a walkthrough guide that I refused to look at (until those 4 and a half hours were up - at which time I read it cover to cover to try and get a little more of my money's worth!), a pointless poster with some 'concept art' scribbled on the back, and an instantly forgettable bonus music cd.

I am a huge fan of this style of adventure puzzler, but whereas the likes of Broken Sword, Monkey Island and the unforgettable Myst series can occupy weeks or even months of your time, sadly this title is little more than an afternoon's amusement. Pick it up at a bargain price and enjoy, by all means, but you will be disappointed if you pay full price for it.