Profile for craig la muffin > Reviews

Content by craig la muffin

craig la muffin

Sober Stick Figure
Sober Stick Figure
by Amber Tozer

5.0 out of 5 stars Funny, emotional, helpful, 3 Aug. 2016
This review is from: Sober Stick Figure (Paperback)
I can't recommend this highly enough. I've read a lot of books about alcoholism recently and this is beautifully unique. Its genuinely funny and hits the nail right on the head when describing the insanity of addiction and equal madness of sobriety.

Blackout: Remembering the things I drank to forget
Blackout: Remembering the things I drank to forget
by Sarah Hepola

5.0 out of 5 stars A fun book about sonething thats not, 25 Jan. 2016
I really liked this, after reading a few similar books about alcoholism.

Sarah doesn't make Sobriety sound easy, but conveys her own struggle without it sounding like moaning. This was also the funniest account I've read too.

She refers to "drinking: a live story" by carolinne knapp in the book, and her amazing descriptions of how alcoholics experience things like a glass of wine. Blackout is just a very different sort of book, and one I found more fun and motivational.

High Sobriety: my year without booze
High Sobriety: my year without booze
by Jill Stark

4.0 out of 5 stars An interesting read, 25 Jan. 2016
This is a relatively light hearted story of a year without alcohol that has plenty of interest for anyone considering something similar, or just reflecting on the amount they drink.

Sarah Hepola's "blackout" is a funnier read and rather more dramatic, whereas carolinne knapp's "drinking: a love story" beautifully describes the darker thoughts and feelings alcoholics experience. High Sobriety fitted neatly between the 2 for me, as an interesting, amusing read, and is certainly the only book of the 3 I would recommend to someone who doesn't consider themselves to have a drinking problem.

Tomb Raider (Xbox 360)
Tomb Raider (Xbox 360)
Offered by Ace Goods Co. Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Didn't expect this to be so good!, 10 April 2014
A few reviewers have said how this game caught them by surprise, and me too.

I bought it because I fancied a change from my usual racing games. I was initially a tad concerned it looked a bit scary/horror based, but that soon passed.

The game looks beautiful but most importantly it's just so engrossing. Big machine gun fire fights make me cheer out loud, whilst sniping with the bow and arrow kept me grinning to the end.

If you fancy an adventure game, give this a whirl. If anyone could recommend something similar to this I'd be very grateful!