Profile for Dolorous Ett > Reviews

Content by Dolorous Ett

Dolorous Ett

Leveret Bee Striped Sleeper (6-12 Months, Black & Yellow)
Leveret Bee Striped Sleeper (6-12 Months, Black & Yellow)

3.0 out of 5 stars Feels a lot cheaper than it was, but oh so stripy, 7 Jan. 2014
I bought this because I very much wanted a black and yellow striped babygro for my baby girl.
The babygro was indeed black and yellow, and so in that sense I am satisfied. She looks very sweet in it.
However, for over a tenner I would have expected something truly luxurious - super-soft fabric, ultra-high quality, extra toasty warm... and what I got was a rather ordinary babygro in cheap-feeling, thin fabric. I don't get the feeling that this garment is particularly robust, which doesn't matter if you are buying for a baby, but I couldn't recommend it for parents who want something hard wearing for mobile children.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars very nearly five stars, 11 Nov. 2013
Nice design - cheerful, friendly dinosaurs in pleasant colours. Arrived in good time, and my little boy loves it.

I almost gave this five stars, and would have if the design hadn't been slightly cut off at points - it was cut down from a single duvet, and in places it shows.

Redshirts
Redshirts
by John Scalzi

3.0 out of 5 stars Clever idea, well plotted, 20 Dec. 2012
This review is from: Redshirts (Paperback)
I read this book in a day, and I was keen to see what happened in the end, but somehow it was not the enjoyable experience that some of the other reviews here led me to expect.

I have been trying to work out what the problem was, and it's difficult to put my finger on what exactly jarred (probably something to do with the characterisation), but I found it curiously lacking in charm.

Hit the Ball, Duck (Duck in the Truck)
Hit the Ball, Duck (Duck in the Truck)
by Jez Alborough

3.0 out of 5 stars Fails to live up to the original, 11 Jun. 2012
Pleasant enough in its way, and an improving message, but not a patch on the original Duck in the Truck book - not such a fun story and lacks the easy-to-read rhythm of Duck in the Truck.

It's also a bit bewildering for the smaller child with no experience of bat-and-ball games.