Profile for honestreviewer > Reviews

Peter's Railway a Big Smellie Bogie
Peter's Railway a Big Smellie Bogie
by Christopher G. C. Vine

5.0 out of 5 stars Super books, 24 Feb. 2017
This story, and all the other books in this series, is great. Highly recommended for any children interested in trains!

Ford C-Max 2007-2012 full set windscreen wiper blades 26"19"12" front + rear
Ford C-Max 2007-2012 full set windscreen wiper blades 26"19"12" front + rear
Offered by alca-heyner shop

3.0 out of 5 stars Poor quality parts, 24 Feb. 2017
Parts OK, fit OK

TP-Link 450 Mbps Wireless N Cable Router, Easy Setup, WPS Button, UK Plug (TL-WR940N)

3.0 out of 5 stars Low price product with average performance, 14 Nov. 2016
This device is pretty basic. I guess you get what you pay for. I bought it to replace the wifi feature of a Virgin Superhub 2 which was not great. Lots of positive reviews suggested this device would help. But for me it actually provides worse coverage. Every house is different... but ultimately the clue is in the price. If you need a high-spec device I suggest you skip this product. But if you just need a basic router for a small house or office then it's probably fine.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 9, 2016 9:01 PM GMT

The Road to Burgundy: The Unlikely Story of an American Making Wine and a New Life in France
by Ray Walker

2.0 out of 5 stars I wouldn't bother, 21 Aug. 2013
I bought this book after reading a review in The Economist, of all places. The review was positive but I regret the purchase. I couldn't actually get past the first 30-odd pages. I'm sure there's an interesting enough story in there somewhere but I found the style so overwrought and unnecessarily detailed that I just couldn't face reading any more. It's as if the author feels he has tried too hard to make his writing entertaining. Hardly a single fact is told without wrapping it up in some extraordinary anecdote. As if every step of the way has to be against great hardship and all progress was truly wondrous. Perhaps that's a reflection of general American entertainment, leaving nothing to the reader or viewer's imagination? If that's your style then you might like it. If not, then look elsewhere.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Exceeded my expectations, 21 Jan. 2012
Our cat had taken to only drinking from a bathroom tap. This was probably our own fault for allowing it in the first place - it then became habit. I was unsure whether this fountain would help but within a day our cat was happily lapping up water from it. No more begging at the tap. I would thoroughly recommend it. My only criticism is that it's quite a large unit. If you just have one one cat like us then you'll find that the 3litre reservoir is excessive. That said, it's no much larger in diameter than a water bowl so it won't take up much more floor space. And it's quieter than I thought it would be, just a gentle hum like a fridge. Recommended!

Against All Enemies (A Campus Novel)
Against All Enemies (A Campus Novel)

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointment, 23 July 2011
Tom Clancy should be ashamed at putting his name to this book. The story is contrived - a hero with emotional baggage, some hammed-up US homeland security nonsense, an abrupt end to the lead 'bad guy', a low-rent love interest and plenty of other pretty standard story lines. It was a boring read. I'd never heard of the lead author Peter Telep - and now I know why. He wouldn't be able to publish anything on his own and is clearly riding along on the Clancy label.

I would just avoid this book. There is plenty of other, better, thriller/pseudo-military material out there.