Profile for Jed > Reviews

Content by Jed

Jed

Misfit Shine Fitness + Sleep Monitor (Grey)
Misfit Shine Fitness + Sleep Monitor (Grey)
Offered by Goldcrest Retail

5.0 out of 5 stars I have found this device excellent at motivating me to do more exercise, 11 Sept. 2014
I have found this device excellent at motivating me to do more exercise. Have been using it since April and love the fact that it is also usable for swimming. Just when you get to the point that you feel like giving up you get a little bit of a boost in terms of seeing the lights light up and you know you have achieved your goal. The really brilliant touch though was being able to sync it with Myfitnesspal.com as this is where I have been tracking my food and exercise. This ability to sync between apps has led to me being able to lose two stone overall in terms of moving from 13 and a half stone to 11 and a half stone over a 4 and a half month period and really improve my levels of fitness. I love just checking it in the evenings and seeing the net calories that I still have left before eating or after a meal- it means you can adjust your activity to incorporate more exercise if you need to. The swimming capacity is brilliant as I swim 3 - 4 times a week and again you see the points really add up- highly motivational.
Great that it syncs over bluetooth and without any fuss and great that the battery lasts for 3 months, have just replaced mine. I always wear it on my wrist and when walking the dog try to remember to keep my hand free as frustrating if you walk for an hour without registering the points!
Would be great to see a generic gym workout mode but I guess this would be too inconsistent to get a logarithm to calculate? Anyway a fabulous product and a really great and cheap and non invasive way to improve levels of fitness and lose weight. Well done Misfit!

Arvo Pärt: 75 Year Celebration Collection
Arvo Pärt: 75 Year Celebration Collection

5.0 out of 5 stars Arvo Part, 25 Dec. 2012
This is a brilliant recording and excellently produced. The selection of tracks to include is perfect, not too much of overkill in the overexposure of what has become commercially a huge success. And yet,there is enough here if you are an experienced or a new listener to experience that Gestaldt moment of why and how Arvo Part is the phenomenal success it is.
Buy it and at this price.......gloat.