Profile for Ms. D. M. Wornham > Reviews

Content by Ms. D. M. Wornham

Ms. D. M. Wornham "dmwickham" (Kent)

Next to You: Caron's Courage Remembered by Her Mother
Next to You: Caron's Courage Remembered by Her Mother
by Gloria Hunniford

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful read, 14 Aug. 2006
I expected this book to be full of sadness, but I was surprised. It did have its sad moments, but Gloria told the full story from when Caron was born till she died. I disagree that Caron came across as selfish, if I was in her position I think I would want to think about myself too. Her thoughts and actions around her family prove she is just private, not selfish. It has made me realise how much cancer patients go through. I dont blame her for trying different treatments, and they obviously gave her a lot of peace and relaxation which she wouldnt have got over here. I think Gloria wrote this book for Caron as she had started writing bits during her illness. I would definately recommend this book to anyone.

Never Look Back
Never Look Back
by Lesley Pearse
Edition: Mass Market Paperback

5.0 out of 5 stars Moving, 20 Dec. 2004
I thought this book was fantastic. It is the first period novel I have read, as I usually read moden day "chic lit", but I found after only a few pages I really loved the main character Matty. Every time I thought she found happiness and was settled her world would turn upside down again - I really wanted to see Matty as a bride. I loved reading her journey from a young girl selling flowers in London, to nursemaid, her long coach trip and her businesses in San Francisco. The descriptions of the charactes and the places was excellent, I really felt as if I was there with her. I miss her and her family now I have finished! Never Look Back is definately worth reading.

Do You Remember the First Time?
Do You Remember the First Time?
by Jenny Colgan

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the funnest books I have read, 6 July 2004
I read another of Jenny Colgans books - Working Wonders - and I wasn't too impressed. But reading the description of this one I thought I would give it a try. I am so glad I did. It was fantastic. It was funny the whole way through. It did get a bit confusing at the beginning when you try and work out where / what time she is in. But her thoughts on being a 16 year old brings back lots of memories. Unlike other nostalgia books, she is actually living the past rather then re-telling it. It was a very lovely book, and easy read, a good beach buy. I would recommend this to everyone.

Paula, Michael and Bob: Everything You Know Is Wrong
Paula, Michael and Bob: Everything You Know Is Wrong
by Gerry Agar

5.0 out of 5 stars Addictive!, 1 July 2004
I wasn't fully aware of the story behind this love triangle, only snippets of what I heard in the press. I was completely absorbed by what I read. I went from blaming Bob, to Michael to Paula. I was interested to learn about the situation regarding Michaels death, but after reading I am still not any clearer as to what happened. The whole story just proves how much drugs can change you. It was interesting to get an insight as to the truth beind what the press write and where they get their information! Its just a shame that it is a true story.

My Fat Brother
My Fat Brother
by Jim Keeble

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 10 Jun. 2004
This review is from: My Fat Brother (Paperback)
This was one of the funniest books I have read in a long time. Its main character is superb. There are so many funny moments, it had me laughing out loud on the train. You will never forget this one - especially the TV show and the visit to the zoo. I would definately recommend this, to both men and women.

Cuban Heels
Cuban Heels
by Emily Barr

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Holiday Read, 10 Jun. 2004
This review is from: Cuban Heels (Paperback)
I had never read anything by Emily Barr, and was leant this from my sister. I had heard a few good reviews, and I wasn't disappointed at all. It main character is slightly crazy due to her past, and it shows just how easy it is to happen. I liked the way the book showed the two sides to the relationship between Maggie and Libby, and how much peoples actions affect the lives of so many people around. I didn't expect her to turn quite as crazy as she did!! I really enjoyed this, and I think it would make an excellent beach read, much better then sitting on a hot train out of London. I think I want to book my ticket to Cuba........