Profile for Rena Ruadh > Reviews

Content by Rena Ruadh

Rena Ruadh
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9
The Unwanted Heiress (The Archer Family Regency Romances Book 1)
The Unwanted Heiress (The Archer Family Regency Romances Book 1)

1.0 out of 5 stars Unbearable!, 4 Aug. 2016
This book was unbearable. I gave up at 39% because I was simply getting fed up with the lack of research. For goodness sake, Ms Corwin, if you want to write about a historical period, then do your research! Just one example - the duke danced 3 dances with a girl at the same ball - that was unheard of in these times. 2 dances were permitted and anything more signalled an understanding, a betrothal. It's lack of research like this that spoils books. There were many more similar issues l have with this book, too numerous to list them all. I have deleted the book from my iPad and will avoid that author like the plague!

Her Mother's Keeper
Her Mother's Keeper

1.0 out of 5 stars Outdated and awful, 20 Oct. 2015
I realised too late that this was a 30 year old book as I was, to put it mildly, shocked. Nora Roberts' female protagonists are usually strong, confident women. The heroine of this book is the opposite. She is a doormat, she is immature, she is stupid. She alledgedly works in New York in a pretty sophisticated job, but from the way she is described you would not believe it. She comes across as incredibly juvenile and childish. I finished the book though it was hard going. I'm going to be careful from now on to avoid NR books that are older than, say, 15 years.

A Christmas Day Love Story
A Christmas Day Love Story

1.0 out of 5 stars Unbearably bad writing, 8 Sept. 2015
I must say that rarely have I come across a sorrier excuse for a book. I know this is a novella, however, there is no introduction to characters, the readers get six names of people thrown at them in the first 'chapter' - a 'chapter' is the size of 2/3 of a page - no idea who these people are, what they are doing, what type of people they are... We do not even get to know the main character at all apart from the fact that she is not married. This is truly unbearably bad writing. I gave up at 42%.

The Seduction of Sophie Seacrest: An Unlikely Husband, Book 1
The Seduction of Sophie Seacrest: An Unlikely Husband, Book 1

2.0 out of 5 stars American author???, 11 Aug. 2015
The book annoyed me. First, the storyline is outrageously ridiculous. Characters of that time did not behave in the way the book depicts them. Next - is the author American? The characters' speech is full of Americanisms such as 'the gent' for 'the gentleman'. This sounds as though Regency England was suddenly populated by Wild West cowboys!
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 17, 2016 10:16 AM GMT

L'ANZA Smoother Straightening Balm 250 ml
L'ANZA Smoother Straightening Balm 250 ml
Offered by MRTKInc

5.0 out of 5 stars Best product so far!, 3 July 2015
I've got a huge basket full of products that are supposed to smoothen frizzy, curly hair. All proved to be rubbish for my hair. A search through the internet made me find and subsequently try this product and it is really the only one that works for me. It makes my hair manageable, curly instead of frizzy and messy and looking nice and shiny. I now also use the Healing Smooth shampoo and conditioner and my hair has never looked that good and tidy!

Siren's Song (Wyrd Love Book 1)
Siren's Song (Wyrd Love Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Delightful!, 25 Mar. 2015
What an utterly wonderful, delightful book! It's been quite a while since I picked up a self-published free book that gripped me so completely and utterly. I loved the story, I loved the characters. Jack, the grumpy old dragon who grows to love Adelle the siren was just perfect. I enjoyed the humour in the writing, the characterisation, the storyline - simply everything! I'll definitely get the other books in this series!

AN APPLE FOR CHRISTMAS (A Christmas Traditions Book 4)
AN APPLE FOR CHRISTMAS (A Christmas Traditions Book 4)

1.0 out of 5 stars What on earth...?, 18 Feb. 2015
What on earth is this? We have a half-finished tale which includes little notes the author writes to herself, such as (check the legend), she leaves words out and gives brackets instead, such as "Ruby's () eyes", "Teachers like Ruby Nelson were the reason Mac sent his girls to ( )". If I get a book from Amazon, I expect the finished project. I am not a beta reader.

Dark Chocolate Murder
Dark Chocolate Murder

1.0 out of 5 stars Beyond silly!, 18 Nov. 2014
I gave up at 57%. First, the writing was amateurish at best, the characters completely unbelievable. But for me, the straw that broke the camel's back was the police officer. I don't know if the author believes that Europe is still in the middle ages, but no police officer, no matter how prejudiced against women, or American women he is, would behave like this, declaring somebody a suspect without even looking for a motive, dragging a woman forcefully out of a shop. Sorry, but this book is ridiculous beyond words!

Garland Roses
Garland Roses

1.0 out of 5 stars Very, very bad, 6 May 2014
This review is from: Garland Roses (Kindle Edition)
Somebody should remove the bracket keys from this author's computer keyboard! I cannot even begin to describe just how annoying this book is as the author continuously explains things to the reader in brackets. Things, that is, that she has explained in the regular text on the page before, or two pages ago. So: readers are so stupid they cannot remember that on one page, Neo, the heroine's hound is barking. On the next page, the author again talks about Neo (the one who has been barking) who now sits next to her... Yes, believe me, that bad! You will find several examples of this on every page. The descriptions are completely over the top, so much so that the writing actually drowns under them. In fact, the entire writing style is dire and reads more like a middle school essay than a published book. I have nearly finished this book and I'm not sure if I can make it all the way to the end. This book is almost physically painful to read.

The Burning (Coroner Jenny Cooper Series)
The Burning (Coroner Jenny Cooper Series)
by Matthew Hall

4.0 out of 5 stars Solid murder mystery, 19 Mar. 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This was my first book by this author and I thoroughly enjoyed it. The characters were believable, the writing flowed and was easy to read. I liked the plot and enjoyed the twists, particularly the curve ball the author threw the readers at the end. Altogether I can really recommend this author.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9