Profile for Rosie > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7
Integral USB 2.0 Single Slot SD Reader
Integral USB 2.0 Single Slot SD Reader

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for my needs, 18 April 2012
I use this SD reader to transfer my recordings from my radio to my mp3 player for listening on the move. So it does everything I hoped it would.

SanDisk 4GB SDHC Secure Digital Card
SanDisk 4GB SDHC Secure Digital Card

5.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says on the tin!, 18 April 2012
I wish I were an expert in IT, but I only need to use my computer for leisure pursuits. This SD card enables me to move things from my computer to my mp3 player so I can listen to audio books on the move. As such it does everything I need it to do and I am very happy with it.

United [DVD] [2011]
United [DVD] [2011]
Dvd ~ David Tennant
Offered by Champion Toys

4.0 out of 5 stars An education, 18 April 2012
This review is from: United [DVD] [2011] (DVD)
I really have no interest in football past or present, but when you are a fan of David Tennant you gain an education in all sorts of things. I found United to be a very moving piece of tv, so much so that I bought this dvd! I was hooked from the beginning and in tears at the end. Great stuff.

Village Walks: Tuscany (Village Walks) (City Walks)
Village Walks: Tuscany (Village Walks) (City Walks)
by Martha Fay
Edition: Cards

5.0 out of 5 stars Wish I had had this idea myself!, 3 Jan. 2012
My husband was given this for Christmas for a forthcoming summer holiday, so obviously we haven't had a chance to 'road test' these cards. But the idea is stunningly simple. You take the entire box (smaller than a single paperback) on holiday with you, but on arrival at a particular town you need to take out just one card from the box. Each card has a map on one side and detailed walk information on the other, and appears to be the perfect size to fit into a jeans pocket. Can't wait to use them!

Obviously you don't get detailed information on every single thing in every single town, but having read the cards on places we have already visited they have enough to get you by. Lovely idea.

SanDisk SDSDB-008G-FFP 8 GB SDHC Class 4 Memory Card - Blue, Frustration-Free Packaging (Label May Change)

5.0 out of 5 stars All I expect from an sd card!, 28 Nov. 2011
I don't really know what to say in a review for an sd card, but I really am happy with the frustration free packaging! No more searching for a pair of scissors and fighting to open the pack!

Philips SHP2500/10 Indoor Corded TV Headphone  (Over-Ear for Music/PC/TV) - Gray
Philips SHP2500/10 Indoor Corded TV Headphone (Over-Ear for Music/PC/TV) - Gray

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what we needed, 27 Oct. 2011
We bought these to replace a very old, much loved, pair for which we could no longer find replacement ear pads. I have to say that the Philips headphones are even better as the cord is longer so the wearer doesn't have to sit still while watching tv. Very happy with the sound, the comfort on the head, and they are not too heavy in wear.

From Shakespeare with Love
From Shakespeare with Love
by William Shakespeare

5.0 out of 5 stars An education, 6 Sept. 2011
Part of the joy of being a fan of David Tennant is the worlds he opens up to you. A few years ago I would never have dreamed of studying Hamlet, going to the theatre to watch Much Ado About Nothing, or buying a cd of Shakespeare's Sonnets. What a pleasure it has been to hear them read so well by all concerned, and then to be so moved as to read up about them and find out what they are all about. To my surprise I often reach for this cd and play it randomly just to hear such lyrical poems, even if I don't understand them all yet. Greatly recommended.

The Silver Pigs: Starring Anton Lesser and Fritha Goodey (BBC Audio Collection: Crime)
by Lindsey Davis

5.0 out of 5 stars The start of my collection, 6 Sept. 2011
I first listened to this serial on the radio purely because it starred one of my favourite actors, Anton Lesser. Having missed an episode and not knowing when it would be repeated I investigated and found that the audio cds were available. I bought this one and was hooked! Now I have all of them and enjoy listening to them. Falco is a detective in Ancient Rome. While he investigates the various crimes, occasionally in peril himself, in the various series we get to know him and his family too. Highly recommended. I really hope there will be more.

Cast In Order Of Disappearance: A Charles Paris Mystery (BBC Radio Crimes)
Cast In Order Of Disappearance: A Charles Paris Mystery (BBC Radio Crimes)
by Simon Brett

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 6 Sept. 2011
Bill Nighy plays actor Charles Paris in this series, previously broadcast on Radio 4 and Radio 4 Extra. I love this audio cd, the story is funny, and suspenseful. Eventually I hope to have the whole series of stories. Great fun.

Much Ado About Nothing (Classic Radio Theatre)
Much Ado About Nothing (Classic Radio Theatre)
by William Shakespeare

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 6 Sept. 2011
In truth I bought this as I was to see David Tennant and Catherine Tate in the London production of the play, and needed to listen to it first to try to understand the language of Shakespeare (it's been a long time since I was at school!). I loved it, it was easy to listen to and not difficult to understand. Excellent purchase, and it has now become a souvenir of sorts of a wonderful evening in the theatre. I certainly recommend listening to Shakespeare rather than trying to read it before going to see it.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7