Profile for Ms. S. L. Evans > Reviews

Content by Ms. S. L. Evans

Ms. S. L. Evans (England)

Page: 1 | 2
Cookie Jam
Cookie Jam

5.0 out of 5 stars good game, 26 Jan. 2015
This review is from: Cookie Jam (App)
Fun, cute and good to play, even better that it's free. Suitable for all ages. Have told family about this game and they've been happy to

Amazing Mahjong: Zen
Amazing Mahjong: Zen

5.0 out of 5 stars mahjong, 10 Oct. 2014
This review is from: Amazing Mahjong: Zen (App)
I really like this app but I don't agree with them saying 'write a 5 star review to unlock the next level', which I'd already gained enough points to unlock. I was going to give it 5 stars before but seriously considered not after that.
But purely based on the game, there are loads of levels and you can change tiles etc and no time limits so good to do on the commute etc. Good game apart from adverts and the above mentioned bribery tack tics.

101-in-1 Games HD
101-in-1 Games HD

4.0 out of 5 stars good app, 30 April 2013
This review is from: 101-in-1 Games HD (App)
this is a good free app that is addictive and good to play when youve got a little time to spare.

Doodle Hangman HD Free
Doodle Hangman HD Free

5.0 out of 5 stars good app., 9 Dec. 2012
This review is from: Doodle Hangman HD Free (App)
really good fun. great to play on your own with the different two categories or with friends and family with the two player mode. good free app.

Twas the Night before Christmas A Visit from St. Nicholas
Twas the Night before Christmas A Visit from St. Nicholas

5.0 out of 5 stars Kindle version, 26 Nov. 2012
Was really nice re-reading this poem as I loved it as a kid. No illustrations on the free kindle version but thought that might be the case.

Friday Night Dinner [DVD]
Friday Night Dinner [DVD]
Dvd ~ Simon Bird

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant., 8 Nov. 2012
This review is from: Friday Night Dinner [DVD] (DVD)
If you liked The Inbetweeners then you'll love this series, but i think it's more than that. This is something you can watch as a (grown up) family and is a great example of proper English comedy. Witty, a little bit slap stick and contains some great lines (I won't spoil them here), you really should see this. I loved it and am getting it for my parents for Christmas so we can watch it again together, it's that sort of comedy. Great.

The Particular Sadness of Lemon Cake
The Particular Sadness of Lemon Cake
by Aimee Bender

3.0 out of 5 stars Interesting., 21 April 2012
Well... what an interesting read. I like that the author has gone with a unique storyline and quite apprieciate this.
Overall i like this book and really enjoyed reading it but there are a couple of issues i found with it. I found the situation with the main character's Brother to be quite unusual (maybe even over the top) and didn't really take to the ending in general.
I would still recommend the book to others as it is refreshing to read something completely different but do agree with other reviewers in that it could have been better thought out/ developed.

HEADPRESS GUIDE TO THE COUNTER CULTURE: A Sourcebook for Modern Readers
HEADPRESS GUIDE TO THE COUNTER CULTURE: A Sourcebook for Modern Readers
by Temple Drake

4.0 out of 5 stars headpress rocks, 20 Sept. 2011
I've had a copy of this book for years and still enjoy going back to it. It brings the quite well known and obscure together which for me works well to introduce people to the more alternative parts of alternative culture without scaring them off.

Horrible Histories - Series 1 [DVD]
Horrible Histories - Series 1 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Terry Deary
Offered by Revolution Media

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely brilliant, 23 Jun. 2011
Horrible histories is absolutely brilliant! I'm 22 and love it! I think it's really educational but the comedy is so funny, eapecially the songs. I didn't enjoy history at school but if it was done like that i might have just listened. Well done to all the writers and actors, it's one of a kind!

Tank Girl: Armadillo! And A Bushel Of Other Stories
Tank Girl: Armadillo! And A Bushel Of Other Stories
by Alan C. Martin

5.0 out of 5 stars Tank girl is wonderful!!!!, 7 Jan. 2011
Most Tank girl fans will start off loving her through the comics and some through the film. You may turn your nose up at this book but i think that if you love Tankgirl you will deffinatley love this book!(as long as you have an imagination and sense of humour) I love the graphic novels but think Tank girl works really well in a 'novel' form as we already have a striking image of her built up for us so can transfer what we have into the themes in this book. I may be speaking for myself only but i personally loved reading the chapters and smirking to myself as i could see in my head the images to go with it. I really loved reading this, i realise it's not for everyone but think if you can keep an open mind you will love it to. Also, the chapters are short so it gives it a conformity to the graphic novel format and makes the overall pace of the book similar to what you may be used to. I know you may be unsure but go on, try it. It's worth it in my opinion.

Page: 1 | 2