Profile for Jess > Reviews

Jess (Edinburgh, UK)

Vodafone Smart Ultra 6 Pay As You Go Android Smartphone -Silver
Vodafone Smart Ultra 6 Pay As You Go Android Smartphone -Silver

4.0 out of 5 stars Great budget smartphone, 23 Jun. 2016
The favourable reviews on Amazon and other gadget sites are wholly justified. I bought this smart phone to replace a Samsung S4 and it competes with the big brands. Quick to set up and get unlocked (same day of taking home) if you do not wish to have a Vodafone tied phone. Battery is lasting a day and on medium use. Phone is quick and no obvious lag. Only thing that holds me back from awarding a five-star review is the rear camera. The quality of shots is no where near as good and crisp as Samsung S4 and you cannot zoom in on the pictures as much when viewing in gallery etc. Some pictures are almost hazy and colours are not vivid. The sound from the rear speaker is not as good either.

Great 5.5 inch screen which is crystal clear so great for viewing videos and TV players.

Do not hesitate!

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Great winter coat to keep you warm and dry, 21 Oct. 2014
This duffel coat will keep you warm in strong winds and dry in heavy showers. I bought this coat to replace my old puffa style coat to wear in the winter months. It has not disappointed.

This coat, which is fairly expensive, is a quality piece of clothing with some lovely details, such as a Napoleon pocket to put your phone or MP3 player with an internal cord input for headphones, making sure your gadgets stay dry. The large pockets on the front also have side pockets with fleece lining to quickly warm your hands, There are also side pockets higher up to keep your hands warm.

The lining is a brighter blue (as can be seen near the hood and the coat is much lighter than I imagined it would be. The fur trim is easily removable with buttons and poppers.

I am sure I will be getting a lot of use out of it during this winter. If you are looking for a great looking but practical duffel/parka I type coat I would definitely recommend this coat.

GEL CASE CLEAR FOR HTC CHACHA WITH SCREEN PROTECTOR
GEL CASE CLEAR FOR HTC CHACHA WITH SCREEN PROTECTOR

5.0 out of 5 stars Great case for ChaCha, 6 Mar. 2012
Just what I wanted for my new ChaCha smartphone; very clean and clear rubbery case that gives good protection, and means the phone does not slide out of my hand so easily! Screen protector practically went on by itself and did not compromise sensitivity of screen response to touch.

Great buy.

Philips Portable DAB Radio DA1000
Philips Portable DAB Radio DA1000

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little radio, 7 May 2011
I have had this radio for 5 years now, used it daily and I have never had ANY problems with it.

The battery lasts for me, around 3-4 hrs using the original rechargeable batteries.

Easy to use, can store and access favourite channels on it easily.

I did get some new headphones to use with it, but this is because I have odd shaped ear canals!

The case also doubles as a handy mirror!

I would highly recommend this radio to all.

Scarlet & Black
Scarlet & Black
Dvd ~ Ewan McGregor
Offered by MMRSALES

5.0 out of 5 stars A Much Over Looked Classic, 24 April 2011
This review is from: Scarlet & Black (DVD)
Like the previous reviewer, I too remember watching this as a teenager, and falling under the spell of a young Ewan McGregor!

This is a great BBC production with a stellar cast. You cannot go wrong with a gripping story by French novelist Stendhal, beautiful scenery and a big budget BBC production.

This DVD is an import from the Netherlands and the cover is in Dutch, but don't let this put you off buying. The Dutch subtitles are easily turned off, leaving you to enjoy the series in the original English.

SleepGuard Mouthpiece With Anti-Bacterial Case & Plastic Fitting Spatula
SleepGuard Mouthpiece With Anti-Bacterial Case & Plastic Fitting Spatula
Offered by UK Innovations GP Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars SNore No More, 24 April 2011
I must say that I was dubious that this product would work, but as previous reviewers have stated, why not buy and try, as you can get your money back!

I had to re-mould mine a couple of times to my bite, and it did take a few nights to get used to, but now after about a month of use, I must say that my sleep has improved and I have STOPPED snoring. Much to the relief of my boyfriend.

I am a lady in her early thirties, who bought this really for my boyfriend's benefit. He had little sleep due to my snoring. I hated making him tired and grumpy due to my noisy sleeping... So now we are both happier!

Highly recommended for all!

You Cant Hide Your
You Cant Hide Your
Offered by trec002

5.0 out of 5 stars Released by Domino in 2010, 28 Nov. 2009
This review is from: You Cant Hide Your (Audio CD)
Don't buy this expensive import - it is coming out in early 2010, released by Domino.

Finally they have seen sense and chosen to re-release this classic album in the UK.

So wait a couple of months and it'll be out at a realistic price for all.

Hurrah!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 7, 2009 9:20 PM GMT

ghd IV Styler
ghd IV Styler

4.0 out of 5 stars THE straighteners, 5 July 2009
This review is from: ghd IV Styler (Personal Care)
I bought these straighteners as I have naturally thick and curly hair. They both tame my curls and the natural wooliness of my hair, into a sleek and straight style.

After washing, blowing drying straight and straightening my hair using the ghd's my hair is good to go for 2 days running.

Now I can enjoy having straight hair for one or two days, and my natural curls the next.

I bought mine directly from Amazon, who delivered them in 2 days time (with free delivery).

The Empire Film Guide
The Empire Film Guide
by Empire Magazine

1.0 out of 5 stars Film Guide good as a paperweight, 29 Dec. 2007
This review is from: The Empire Film Guide (Paperback)
what a disappointment!! i got this as a christmas present and 12 (yes twelve my friends)of my favourite films are not included!! reviews are written in a very basic patroninsing way.

Waugh on Women
Waugh on Women
by Jacqueline McDonnell

4.0 out of 5 stars Waugh's War on Women, 22 Jun. 2003
This review is from: Waugh on Women (Paperback)
This book is essential reading for all studying Waugh. It successfully reveals Waugh's own disappointment and distaste for women, which he expresses through his literary leading ladies. Waugh's heroines are usually overlooked by critics, so this book is an acute insight into his own views and portrayal of the new woman of the twentieth century.