Profile for David Morgan > Reviews

Content by David Morgan

David Morgan

The Best Of 1990-2000 (2CD)
The Best Of 1990-2000 (2CD)
Offered by westworld-

5.0 out of 5 stars Stuck in a CD and I can't get out of it!, 19 Nov. 2002
Oooh! Ahhhh! Woooh! What a fantastic album.
From track one, Even Better Than The Real Thing, it becomes apparent that this album is as good as music gets. Some of the tracks are nothing short of classics and the way the album bounces from emotional ballads to thunderous anthems and then back again until you can't take no more, well, it's unbelievable.
The stand out tracks on this album for me are Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me, Stay (Faraway, So close) and The Fly. But don't get me wrong every one will have different choices because their are so many top tracks on here. There's a couple of new ones on here too, Electrical Storm and The Hands that built America, these tracks compliment the album well and provide more incentive for U2 fans who may already own most of the songs on the album.
If you're looking for bad points, you'd have to say the non-iclusion of tracks such as Elevation, Last Night On Earth and Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses, would count as a significant bad point. However, there's enough quality tracks on here to keep anyone happy and the fact that you can get this album with an accompanying B-Sides album and a DVD makes for a great little package.
For those who own the first Compilation 1980-1990 this is must, for those who don't, what do you think your doing? Buy both of these immediateley. Trust me I'm a Doctor!

Zoolander [DVD] [2001]
Zoolander [DVD] [2001]
Dvd ~ Ben Stiller
Offered by HarriBella.UK.Ltd

4.0 out of 5 stars This review needs to be at least 3 times bigger!, 12 Nov. 2002
This review is from: Zoolander [DVD] [2001] (DVD)
Zoolander has a very weak story line that borders on cr#p in places but the film is that funny it doesn't matter about the story 'cause you'll be laughing so hard your trousers will fall down. Ben Stiller and Owen Wilson are supermodels competing in the tough and sometimes cruel world of FASHION. Both are ridiculousley funny and their stupid antics are nothing short of side-splitting. If you want a good laugh and nothing more, watch this film. After all I can't help it if i'm really, really, really good looking.

Pro Evolution Soccer 2
Pro Evolution Soccer 2
Offered by marxwax

5.0 out of 5 stars Help!!!! I Can't Feel My Legs, 26 Oct. 2002
I've just purchased a copy of PES2 and I must say it's shoup-perb. Usually when you get an upgrade it takes a while to get into but this time it seems instantly accesible. I mean when Wiltord scores a scissor kick for me in my second game, you know you've got it good. The differences are minor but they are differences. The quality players; Beckham, Davids & Vieri now stand out both visualy and physically from the lesser players. The Play is quicker, the touch sharper and the passing crisper. All in all it's the sequel to the best football game ever.
Now for the bad points. The few faults with the game don't hinder it much but come on! Oranges 011, what the!!!... and Rodolno again, come on Konami, splash out for a decent license. The edit system takes care of most of the problems but in 2002 you'd expect better. The master league teams names are nothing short of a disgrace, how can Dublin be Aston Villa. But let's not dwell on the bad points 'cause the games to good for that. In brief this game is the best around, it's realistic and it's more than fun, it's religion!
PS. If you think your better than me at this game, think again.

Masters of the Universe [VHS] [1987]
Masters of the Universe [VHS] [1987]
VHS
Offered by Discountdiscs-UK : Dispatched daily from the UK.

4.0 out of 5 stars I HAVE THE POWER!!!, 15 Oct. 2002
I'm almost 22 years old and I grew up watching 'He-Man'. I had god knows how many figures, I owned Skeletor Mountain and Castle Grayskull, basically 'He-Man' was the Cartoon me and my friends grew up with. We used to spend hours recreating Eternia with 'Ram-Man', 'Orko' & 'She-Ra' etc( How I wish I was I was 6 again!) Well thanks to this film we can visualise what He-Man would have been like in real life.
The film has a decent story line and some excellent special FX. The casting isn't bad either with Dolph Lundgren (if spelt right) as 'He-Man' & Courtney Cox for starters. The make up is excellent on super villan 'Skeletor', throw in some old skool favourites like 'Evil Lynn' & 'Man-At-Arms' and i'll tell you what, you've got a decent film.
If your gonna say something bad about the film and I really don't want to (I don't want to betray my childhood idle, He-Man)then you'd have to say the film does look slightly dated. Another problem is there is some cheese about, so for the love of god be careful. Again the fact that Courtney Cox learns to play that catchy little tune, on that suped' up keyboard, that can opene another world, in just minutes, well I must say i'm a more than a little sceptical.
Regardless of these minor faults the film is still a classic in my eyes and I still dream of a sequel. I know this will never happen but it would be nice to see a DVD release and maybe, if there is a god, one day the entire He-Man cartoon collection will be released on DVD. On that day i'll thank the Lord for all that is righteous and true.
P.S. Where the hell was 'Cringer' in this film? I hope he's not been put down.

The Music
The Music
Offered by A ENTERTAINMENT

5.0 out of 5 stars As good as debuts get! (I think), 24 Sept. 2002
This review is from: The Music (Audio CD)
The music represent rock'n'roll and all that is right with the music scene at the minute. We shouldn't be looking for the next Will Young, we should be looking for the next Oasis. The Music aren't quite there yet, however, this debut release sees them making everyone stand up and take note. There sound is raw and psycadelic and shows that there is life in guitar bands for many years to come. The Music's emergence into the limelight is mirrored by other bands such as; The Coral, Black Rebel... and The Strokes. All of which are creating a new Buzz! What makes this album stand out is the sheer magnitude of their unique sound. The songs blast into your head, forcing you to appreciate their guitar melodies and heavy beats. If anyone is going to be the next big thing, it's The Music. This album is a great start to what promises to be a very promising career. P.S. WHAT I SAY, GOES.

Little By Little / She Is Love
Little By Little / She Is Love
Offered by marxwax

5.0 out of 5 stars Not the worst Oasis single ever!, 20 Sept. 2002
Little By Little is a stunning tune and deserves to be doubled with the melodic She Is Love on this strong double A-Side. Both tunes are of a high quality and both are sung by Noel. You can't help yourself but singalong to these tunes and isn't that what music is about? (If you wanna dance, buy a kylie record!) The CD also includes a live version of The Who classic,"My Generation" This song is sensational and it's a must for all Oasis fans. What more do you want from the band? Buy a copy of this single and buy an Egg timer. Actually, no, just buy the single!

The Running Man [1987] [DVD] [1988]
The Running Man [1987] [DVD] [1988]
Dvd ~ Maria Conchita Alonso
Offered by HalfpriceDVDS_FBA

5.0 out of 5 stars Buy This Film Now & Tell A Friend Too!, 30 Aug. 2002
The Running Man is whithout a doubt one of Arnie's greatest achievments. The film has the action of 'Terminator 2', and the one liners of 'Commando' throw in one part 'Total Recall' and two parts 'Predator' and you've got a contender for the best film of all time.
From the word go the Butcher of Bakersfield is on the run. And when Arnie's on the run you know it's gonna' be fun! But even the die hard fans don't deserve what happens next. Arnie becomes the contestent on a game show, fighting outragous enemies one by one, to the death. You could not wright Arnie a better script if you had "A Million Monkeys... and so on.
Basically your only ever going to get so much from an Arnie film and this truly is as good as it gets. Buy it now, and tell a friend! amen!