Profile for Bombinho > Reviews

Content by Bombinho

Bombinho (Schottland/Sachsen)

Philips Econic Standard Shape LED Light Bulb 5 Watt Edison E27 Screw Cap 5w 240v GLS A55 Energy Saving Warm white
Offered by Strictly Lamps

3.0 out of 5 stars Comparably short life span, 12 Nov. 2016
After having converted all lighting to LED some 6 years ago I have to admit that this product hat the shortest life of all used bulbs. 5 years is not bad but apparently even noname products do provide a better life span. Except of one IKEA bulb, that had overheated within months, all other bulbs are still up and running fine but all of the Philips Econic bulbs who all died within weeks this year. First sign was an extended period before the bulb would switch on followed a few days after by complete failure. In an other place where I had used bulbs of the same charge but the switch cycles are less frequent the bulbs are still in operation. This makes me think that the product is not so useful on automatic lighting. Though one of the bulbs had lost its diffuser (the plastic bulb thingy).

All in all I had been impressed initially by the above average cooling facility and solid feeling of the product but it could not make proper use of it to provide the same service as other bulbs.

Wera 032032 Kraftform Plus Stainless Steel Pozidriv Screwdriver PZ2
Wera 032032 Kraftform Plus Stainless Steel Pozidriv Screwdriver PZ2

5.0 out of 5 stars My most used and trusted screwdrivers, 12 Nov. 2016
I am having these screwdrivers in daily use and I am every time amazed again about the precision and longevity of this screwdrivers. I never found any better fitting handles whilst being abused for tapping things without leaving marks on the objects and still being usable without feeling rough or cut. The blades with the laser marks do fit just perfect, allowing to handle screws with ease. Often even when these had been already damaged by the use of less suitable screwdrivers.
Just watch to use the correct Philips or Pozidriv blade and you can barely go wrong.

The stainless blades do not rust even when in contact to mild acids or building materials and they do not inflict rust in stainless steel screws as normal screwdrivers may do.

WMF children Cutlery set 4-pieces Zwerge Cromargan 18/10 stainless steel brushed suitable from 3 years with embossed designs

5.0 out of 5 stars Great quality and this personal set of cutlery is now ..., 12 Nov. 2016
Great quality and this personal set of cutlery is now a must have. The size is perfectly for learning to handle cutlery in a decent way. The handles are solid with no sharp edges and easy to grip but do already look and feel like grownup cutlery.

Angry Birds 6" Medium Plush - Red Bird
Angry Birds 6" Medium Plush - Red Bird
Offered by lifestyleshoppingltd

5.0 out of 5 stars This one was a big wish and has been loved. In the meantime I have been told to ..., 12 Nov. 2016
This one was a big wish and has been loved. In the meantime I have been told to adopt it. A wise move which allows two favourite cuddly toys instead of one. ;)

Genuine BlackBerry Z10 Multimedia HDMI Charging Dock ASY-14396-019
Genuine BlackBerry Z10 Multimedia HDMI Charging Dock ASY-14396-019

3.0 out of 5 stars This item became available almost at the end of the ..., 12 Nov. 2016
This item became available almost at the end of the life expectancy of the phone it has been made for. It is a dock, it works but it does not provide some the originally rumoured features. The only thing it really does is looping out the HDMI port. On the plus side stands the quality of the item. But unfortunately it still does not provide me with the intended use in a similar way as with the previous blackberry phones.
Strangely I found myself using the cheaply made far east docks I had purchased in absence of this product and only use this one for travelling.

I find it strange that Blackberry now concentrates on software solutions whilst their software usually was what people describe as banana ware.
I miss the time when one had a solid bit of hardware with the outlook of being developed to the point that it was usable at the end of its life cycle.

Wera 05018266001 Kraftform 932 Slotted Tip Chisel Driver 7.0 x 125mm
Wera 05018266001 Kraftform 932 Slotted Tip Chisel Driver 7.0 x 125mm

5.0 out of 5 stars Robust, reliable and precisely manufactured., 12 Nov. 2016
This screwdriver has to put up with very rough handling from my side. The last one (I lost it unfortunately) had been with me for 10+ years being treated as a tool. One of the first things I did with it was chopping a 4" Nail and there is no mark on the blade to see. I have fallen in love with the Wera screwdrivers. For daily use I am using the stainless versions as they are very universal. For the rough bits of work it has to be the Kraftform Plus for me. And on the electric side there are the VDE versions. I tried other screwdrivers but split handles, worn or damaged blades made often very quickly an end to these attempts. Most of the time I only have to replace a Wera screwdriver as I lost it somewhere. And even the stainless ones being in constant use are lasting years and never leave rusty marks.

Mass Effect 3 (PC DVD)
Mass Effect 3 (PC DVD)
Offered by 4GamersUK

1.0 out of 5 stars No Steam no sale, 9 May 2012
This review is from: Mass Effect 3 (PC DVD) (DVD-ROM)
We have been looking forward to this game. Until the message arrived that the game will not be coming on Steam. Well there are people liking Steam and others do not.
Just to cut a long story short, I will wait till this games price does drop into the region of used games. First of all I could not sell it on. Second of all I can not keep it in my Steam collection. And I will not suffer any disadvances if I just play it a bit later.
Since the intention was to play it coop so we all will get a game which has matured and for a bonus we will pay less. What a wonderful world thanks to the indie publisher EA.

Nokia N900 Sim Free Mobile Computer with Maemo 5 Software
Nokia N900 Sim Free Mobile Computer with Maemo 5 Software

2.0 out of 5 stars No business, 24 Sept. 2010
Just as Runner already described this phone is not very handy for use as a everyday business tool. Its got a lot of nice gimmicks. Just the price tag is bit out of order for a toy which requires you to still have a serious business phone in addition. I think once that phone is up for a grab it is a good buy for techies but bare in mind Nokia dropped its predecessors support as soon as a new version came out.