Profile for Mr. C. Anderton > Reviews

Panasonic TYWL20E Wireless LAN Adaptor for Viera WiFi Ready 2012 TVs
Panasonic TYWL20E Wireless LAN Adaptor for Viera WiFi Ready 2012 TVs
Offered by KP ELECTRONICS

2.0 out of 5 stars Overpriced product, 4 Aug. 2012
The product is good and works well as mentioned. However I would recommend the cheaper alternative; Netgear Rangemax dual band USB available at half the price of this one and functions exactly the same, works with panasonic viera, and just as easy to setup.NETGEAR RangeMax Dual Band Wireless-N USB Adapter WNDA3100v2 - Network adapter - Hi-Speed USB - 802.11b, 802.11a, 802.11g, 802.11n
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 23, 2012 7:10 PM BST

TaoTronics Bluetooth Transmitter (Wireless Stereo Music, 3.5mm Audio-Out Jack, Mini USB 5V/1A charging)

3.0 out of 5 stars Good product but available cheaper, 25 July 2012
I purchased this item based on previous reviews being good, whereas an identical one from another seller didnt have such good reviews. Upon receiveing the device I realised it was the same device available for £6 cheaper.
In summary, I use it to connected to a televion to transmit sound to speakers on the cupbards above. The thing works great, although has a low battery life meaning I have to pair it every-day, or keep it plugged ito the charger which defeats the object of being wire-less. The sound delay is extremely noticable. I have now replaced the item with a cheap piece of wire and plug which solves all the issues and now only use the device for transmitting music from my laptop.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 19, 2013 5:27 PM BST

PNY 2GB PC2-6400 800MHz DDR DIMM Memory Module
PNY 2GB PC2-6400 800MHz DDR DIMM Memory Module

3.0 out of 5 stars Not DDR - this is DDR2, 1 May 2012
Please note that although the product is listed as DDR type, this is really DDR2 type memory. - It will not work with legacy DDR systems.

Dyson Groom Tool Vacuum-Assisted Dog Groomer
Dyson Groom Tool Vacuum-Assisted Dog Groomer

4.0 out of 5 stars Works Great, 10 Jan. 2012
We bought this since our long haired German shephard is continually shedding hair. It makes grooming much easier quicker and can be done one-handed. It automatically 'empties' the bristles and collects up the hair rather than this going on the floor. It is now our favourite toy.

Garmin Oregon 200 Handheld GPS
Garmin Oregon 200 Handheld GPS

4.0 out of 5 stars Bargain well performing unit, Works with many Free Maps, 27 July 2009
I was in two minds if I needed the Oregon200 or another better model. After buying the 200 due to lower price, I am now satisfied it is good value for money and the extra cost for the higher models is unneccessary. The 300 and 400 have electronic compass and barometric pressure measurement of altitude. It is worth noting that the 200 does measure altitude by satelite, accurate enough for most people, it also has an electronic compass, also showing a bearing off your chosen course. The only difference-you have to be moving for it to sense your direction you are facing (little hardship really)

There are several reviews stating they only accept Garmin maps which are expensive. I can say this is utter nonsense. There are many maps available FREE on the internet for most countries in the world compatible with the Garmin. I would say there are more than for any other make. Within a day I had downloaded the full UK track and trail with landscape features, all Australia, and Poland. Just copy them to your memory card and hey-presto it is done.

Just Google 'Mapsntrails' or 'talkytoasteruk' for a wide selection of maps.

I recently used my oregon 200 to navigate most of the lake district off-road, over several days and nights. After easily downloading the route to the garmin, I was easily able to find my way round following the course, even in total darkness with no other navigational aids.

The unit can be used as a basic in-car sat-nav too although this is not the main design purpose. I used it over a one month period navigating around Australia on roads and outback trails. Just set all the locations of places I wanted to go and the Hotels in the unit and it worked great over 9000miles of touring and I never got lost once. Great if you like to get off the beaten track. Bear in mind you cannot put a postcode into the unit - it uses grid references or names of streets, towns etc, or simply identify a location on the screen map.

If you dont need barometric pressure measurement, and can do without a compass when you are static, then the 200 is all you need.
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 26, 2010 9:54 PM GMT