Profile for Stephen Maher > Reviews

Content by Stephen Maher

Stephen Maher "Steve" (GB)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Brilliant PowerPoint 2013 (Brilliant Computing)
Brilliant PowerPoint 2013 (Brilliant Computing)
by Mr Steve Johnson

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent book for beginners and those who will use presentations ..., 18 May 2015
Excellent book for beginners and those who will use presentations to add some interest to your slides. Another recommendation is to follow the triple-6 rules - no more than 6 bullet points to a slide, no more than 6 words to a bullet point and keep each slide to under 6 minutes or risk a slumber party. The inclusion of colour plates brings it all to life. I use it for reference on specifics having got some knowledge of Power Point.

The Siege of York: The Great and Close Siege of York 1644
The Siege of York: The Great and Close Siege of York 1644
by L.P. Wenham

5.0 out of 5 stars Great work with plenty of references and I found it ..., 24 April 2015
Great work with plenty of references and I found it worthwhile while tracing the named locations on a trip to York. Anyone with a passing interest in the English Civil War and the Battle of Marston Moor will find this highly interesting. It is a work of reference so do not expect another Peter Young style. The writing is fact based and lacks the insights and, dare I say, the opinions of Young which made his books stand out.

Operation Phantom Fury: The Assault and Capture of Fallujah, Iraq
Operation Phantom Fury: The Assault and Capture of Fallujah, Iraq
by Dick Camp

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 3 April 2015
Arrived in time and exactly what I wanted.

The Dharma Bums (Penguin Modern Classics)
The Dharma Bums (Penguin Modern Classics)

5.0 out of 5 stars You either love him or don't, 16 Mar. 2015
Kerouac. You either love him or don't.

Big Sur (RSMediaItalia Modern Classics Illustrated Edition)
Big Sur (RSMediaItalia Modern Classics Illustrated Edition)

5.0 out of 5 stars You either love him or hate him, 16 Mar. 2015
It's Kerouac. You either love him or hate him.

The Snowden Files: The Inside Story of the World's Most Wanted Man
The Snowden Files: The Inside Story of the World's Most Wanted Man

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 16 Mar. 2015
I knew the story having watched a television program but the book adds some depth.

Agile Project Management QuickStart Guide: A Simplified Beginners Guide To Agile Project Management (Agile Project Management, Agile Software Development, Agile Development, Scrum)

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 2 Mar. 2015
It's okay and makes me want to look further into Agile management and I will do so.

17 Checklists for Effective Change Management
17 Checklists for Effective Change Management

3.0 out of 5 stars I bought this in Kindle as a 'checklist' to add ..., 2 Mar. 2015
I bought this in Kindle as a 'checklist' to add views to an existing base of knowledge. It's okay but Change management is a huge subject and this I guess will let you research more the topics offerred. There are some superb books on Amazon for Change delivery.

10 Steps to Create a Profitable Trading System in Excel: Getting Started Guide
10 Steps to Create a Profitable Trading System in Excel: Getting Started Guide

3.0 out of 5 stars I just wanted to dip my toes into understanding it a bit better being an Excel fan, 2 Mar. 2015
Ihave no intention in trading, I just wanted to dip my toes into understanding it a bit better being an Excel fan. Will it make me want to reserch it more. No, but as I said I have no intention to trade. I just wanted some background. It does not look professionally presented but it does offer industry words and its up to you to go researching what it means.

Lean Six Sigma QuickStart Guide: A Simplified Beginners Guide To Lean Six Sigma (Lean Six Sigma, Lean Six Sigma Healthcare, Lean Six Sigma Black Belt)

3.0 out of 5 stars As it says, a simplified beginner's guide. I ..., 2 Mar. 2015
As it says, a simplified beginner's guide. I always ask, does this want me to read more? Six Sigma is a big topic. I'll be honest and say I began to lose interest after a few pages but I kept with it. Will it make me want to buy a full volume on Six Sigma? Nah.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3