Profile for Sarah > Reviews

Content by Sarah

Sarah (England)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10
While You Were Sleeping: A gripping psychological thriller you just can't put down

2.0 out of 5 stars I don't know about you, BUT, 19 May 2017
By the time I got to page 24 I had to give up. The consistent overuse of the word BUT was driving me to distraction. I've noticed it in her previous books also and now and then is fine; in every single paragraph though? Some of those paragraphs and sentences are less than 3 lines yet can still have the word used several times. One page alone had just 6 paragraphs and the words used 11 times. Massively over excessive and really detracts from the story for me. It's a shame because I like her stories and the way she writes (on the whole). I just find myself now scanning the pages to see how many times she has used the word now rather than getting into the characters and story.
Very disappointed.

Seagate Backup Plus Slim 1 TB USB 3.0 Portable 2.5 inch External Hard Drive for PC and Mac - Silver

4.0 out of 5 stars It bounces well!, 16 May 2017
So easy to use even a computer-literate person would have no problems backing up to it.

The size of it makes it perfect for an iMac, Pc, Macbook or Laptop (I tuck mine just behind my macbook on a laptop tray without it getting in the way). I often forget it's there thought and will heave the tray off my lap to place to one side remembering I have it attached as I hear the "Thud" noise it makes as it hits the floor.

3 X Longest Life and Safe Li-ion Battery Replacement/ Backup Canon LP-E8 for Canon EOS 550D 600D 700D Rebel T2i T3i T4i T5i
Offered by TOP-MAX Lighting

3.0 out of 5 stars Not bad for cheap copies, 16 May 2017
Obviously being a cheap copy these are never going to last as long as a canon battery, on a normal temperature day, using the camera screen instead of viewfinder, and manual focus, I can snap off about 200 shots and get the battery to last a couple of hours. If you're on a nighttime shoot of running a long exposure you can halve the amount of time. In cold weather (I was recently on a night sky shoot with a temp of -3'c and the battery lasted just 35 minutes).

However a pack of 3 means you should have enough to get you through a shoot and at the price they are you can't really go wrong.

Songmics 195 x 150 cm Camping Picnic Blanket Camping Water-proof Blanket mat GCM61L

4.0 out of 5 stars Warm and waterproof - what more you do you?, 16 May 2017
I was pleasantly surprised by this as I was expecting it to be a lot cheaper looking/feeling than it is.

The metalic backing is great in the sense it's waterproof (always a bonus on damp grass) but it also stops the heat from disappearing. The fleece of the blanket itself is soft and warm and very nice to sit on. Thanks to it being professionally folded when you purchase it, getting it back into a nice tight rectangle after use is a lot easier as you need to only follow the creases and voila; you have a neatly folded blanket you can tuck into a gap in a packed car that's good to go on your next outing.

I've also used them for lining the floor of a tent sleeping pod; they work better than camping mats at keeping the cold at bay.

Laila London - Activated Charcoal Tooth Whitening Powder 60ml
Laila London - Activated Charcoal Tooth Whitening Powder 60ml
Offered by Laila London

1.0 out of 5 stars When talcum powder meets mint, 16 May 2017
A great product if you want to freak out your other half, friends, or kids because as you brush with this your mouth will fill with black froth - that is a bugger to rinse off if you get it on your lips and you will have to swill a lot more than you would need to with normal toothpaste.

It tastes a bit like talcum powder with a hint of mint and is of a similar texture.

Has it whitened my teeth? Not even one shade.

Swanson Kelp (Iodine Source) (225mcg, 250 Tablets)
Swanson Kelp (Iodine Source) (225mcg, 250 Tablets)
Offered by Swanson UK & Europe Direct

1.0 out of 5 stars My expectations were quashed, 16 May 2017
Very disappointed in this. I used to take a kelp product that could only be bought in boots but when they stopped making it I had to look elsewhere. Having friends recommend swanson products to me I thought I would give it a go but it's just not fit for purpose or strong enough and is of no benefit to me at all. You may find it helps, but I'd not bother to purchase it again.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 25, 2017 8:23 AM BST

Kira Menopause Relief One A Day Tablets Pack of 30
Kira Menopause Relief One A Day Tablets Pack of 30

2.0 out of 5 stars It helped but the cons way outweighed the pro's, 16 May 2017
It's ok in the sense that it does help with the hot flushes (or was it just a placebo effect?) and it certainly helped with the weepy part of menopause; in fact while I was taking it I did feel pretty good, but after looking into it closer and reading up on Black Cohosh (I also had a chat with my GP about it) I stopped taking it due to the fact there is evidence Black Cohosh can be linked to breast cancer. I for one would rather suffer the effects of sadness, itchiness, sweaty nights, and all the other symptoms out there than run the risk of taking something which has been associated with cancer. It's a shame because it certainly did help.

Protexin Pro-Kolin Plus Syringe 30 ml
Protexin Pro-Kolin Plus Syringe 30 ml

1.0 out of 5 stars If you love your fur babies look elsewhere, 16 May 2017
I bought this as I had a poorly cat at the time and someone had suggested trying her with some probiotics. As she was struggling to eat I thought the syringe style would be a good idea.

It arrived and in principle looked great. There is a dial you can turn so it only frees up so much which means (in theory) you shouldn't be able to choke your fur babies. It all seemed great. Until you actually go to push the plunger which was so stiff I ended up having to push with all my might, resulting in the paste shooting straight to the back of my cats throat, the plastic end it comes out of also hitting her where she nearly choked to death.

I never bothered trying a second dose; it went straight in the bin.

TECHNIC GET GORGEOUS HIGHLIGHTER Shimmer Compact Highlighting Shimmering Powder
TECHNIC GET GORGEOUS HIGHLIGHTER Shimmer Compact Highlighting Shimmering Powder

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, 16 May 2017
I looked everywhere for a good highlighter and could find none that were the right colour, not too powdery, not too creamy - you know the drill. When I saw this at the price it was at I thought it was worth a try (nothing ventured, nothing gained) and I am very glad I did. It goes on really smoothly, leaves behind no powdery trail and is not thick, clumpy or creamy. It's not too bright or in your face and does exactly what I wanted it to do - it highlights my cheek bones. I did my face at 07:00 the day I went on holiday, finally making it to a pub at 21:00 that night and it still looked as good as it had when I first applied it.

I like it.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Check you have the right product!, 16 May 2017
When I purchased this I thought I had bought the peel off full face mask - it was only after I ripped off several layers of skin removing it I realised I had in fact purchased the nose pore one instead - the fact the skin on our noses is tougher than the rest of our face has me questioning, why?

Anyway; it did what I wanted it to do, was easy to apply, dried in about 30 minutes and once I got feeling back from the skin being ripped off, the remaining layers did indeed feel nice and smooth. My pores were definitely less visible and cleaner too.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10