Profile for K. J. Bertrand > Reviews

Content by K. J. Bertrand

K. J. Bertrand "movie lover" (Suffolk England)

Page: 1 | 2
Guitar One Presents Effects and Settings
Guitar One Presents Effects and Settings
by Ryan Claiborne

4.0 out of 5 stars Fairly Effective, 13 Feb. 2008
I bought this book together with "Guitar Tone and Effects" (see my review). This book is better by far, in that the author does take a little time to show how the systems should be set up, and their effects if put in the right and wrong order. For a newcomer, however, it is still a bit daunting, and I am sure that there are simpler books on the subject out there somewhere.

Fender Stratocaster Manual: How to Buy, Maintain and Set Up the World's Most Popular Electric Guitar
by Paul Balmer

5.0 out of 5 stars Buy This Book Now!, 12 Feb. 2008
If you own a Fender Stratocaster, are thinking of buying one, or just like to dream about them, then this is the book for you. Inside is a wealth of information on the most famous guitar ever, making it the best book for value for money, I have come across in a long long time.

Introduction to Guitar Tone & Effects
Introduction to Guitar Tone & Effects
by David M. Brewster
Edition: Sheet music

2.0 out of 5 stars Not so special effects, 12 Feb. 2008
I was hoping that this book would explain in layman's terms how to set up a reasonable system using effects pedals with an electric guitar. To say I was disappointed would be an understatement. The author explains in not so simple terms, what, I don't know. For the layman, who wants a simple book explaining how to set up an effects sytem, and what happens, in simple language, then this book is not for you.In all honesty, I wouldn't recommend this book unless you already know what to do anyway, and have a degree in electronics and sound engineering.

Fender Presents: Getting Started On Electric Guitar [2002] [DVD]
Fender Presents: Getting Started On Electric Guitar [2002] [DVD]
Dvd ~ Keith Wyatt
Offered by Fulfillment Express

5.0 out of 5 stars What a Quality Product!, 3 Jan. 2008
I have been playing guitar for over 40 years. This Christmas, I was bought a Fender guitar outfit, in which, was the shortened version of this DVD. I was so impressed with that, that I had to buy the full version. This is suitable for all levels of guitar playing. Keith Wyatt is an excellent instructor, who makes you feel that you are actually in a "face-to-face" lesson. If you are a beginner, then this is a definite "must have". If you have some experience, you can learn more from this. Well done Hal Leonard Corporation, and definitely well done Keith Wyatt!

Dualit Cordless Coffee Percolator Chrome 84036
Dualit Cordless Coffee Percolator Chrome 84036

5.0 out of 5 stars At last! Decent Coffee, 3 Jan. 2008
I have read the other reviews on this product. To those people who say that they are getting grounds in the machine - USE A COARSER GROUND coffee. Cafetiere quality is much too fine. Also, what idiot would want to take the lid of a boiling water vessel. The whole idea of percolating is for the water to rise up the tube and fall back into the basket! I am over the moon to actually get a decent cup of coffee after using cafetieres and filter machines and I don't find it a pain to prepare. For coffee I use the marks on the inside of the basket (very clearly marked), and I measure the water in the mugs I am using.. I can actually taste the coffee. Incidentally, I used a percolator for 25 years, and it worked exactly the same.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 2, 2008 2:13 PM BST

Picture Chord Encyclopedia for Guitar
Picture Chord Encyclopedia for Guitar
by Various

5.0 out of 5 stars Strike a Chord?, 10 Nov. 2007
This book is a must for guitar players of ALL levels. The diagrams themselves are worth the money, but the quantity is amazing value.

Danger UXB: The Complete Series Special Edition [DVD] [1979]
Danger UXB: The Complete Series Special Edition [DVD] [1979]
Dvd ~ Anthony Andrews

5.0 out of 5 stars Still as good as ever, 16 Oct. 2007
I had forgotten exactly HOW good this series was. Unfortunately I missed the last 3 episodes due to work, so it was a real pleasure to buy the DVD's. This has got to be one of the Classic series of the 70's, and has lost none of its impact today. Very good plot lines (Butterfly Winter actually brought to the attention of the public the danger of these bombs, many of which were still kept by members of the public). If you like a good believable yarn, then buy this series. And of course it portrays quite accurately the very dangerous job done by very brave men.

De'Longhi KG39 Coffee Grinder, 12 Cups
De'Longhi KG39 Coffee Grinder, 12 Cups

4.0 out of 5 stars Why Pay More?, 27 Sept. 2007
For the money, this is excellent value. It is simple to use, and gives super results every time. I particularly like the cord storage. Highly recommended.

Very Best of Santana Carl
Very Best of Santana Carl

5.0 out of 5 stars Buy this if no other, 7 Jan. 2007
If you do not own a Carlos Santana album but want one, then this is THE one to buy. I thought I knew Santana, on the basis of one track (Samba Pa Ti). Boy did I learn. This music just blows your mind away. I listen to it for hours on end, and still don't get bored with it.

Epson Stylus R340 Inkjet Colour Photo Printer
Epson Stylus R340 Inkjet Colour Photo Printer

3.0 out of 5 stars Better than ever., 6 Jun. 2006
I thought that my R300 was good, but this printer is outstanding. The colour,clarity and overall quality of the photoprints is really stunning. (The price isn't bad either-compare with some of the High Street stores) Well done Epson, and very Well Done Amazon!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 29, 2008 5:52 PM BST