Profile for happykathryn > Reviews

15W LOW ENERGY DUSK TO DAWN SENSOR BAYONET CAP BULB LIGHT SENSOR BULB
15W LOW ENERGY DUSK TO DAWN SENSOR BAYONET CAP BULB LIGHT SENSOR BULB
Offered by Ryness Lighting & Electrical

1.0 out of 5 stars Expensive bulb, 21 Feb. 2014
It doesn't do the dusk to dawn thing, despite testing it in bright sunlight. So it's an expensive light bulb. Hey ho.

Eco Natural Bristle Paddle Brush
Eco Natural Bristle Paddle Brush

5.0 out of 5 stars Scratchy, but lovely, if you like that kind of thing., 14 Nov. 2013
I have long very thick hair and this brush gets through it and smooths it too.

It is scratchy (as other reviewers have pointed out) - there are very long hard bristles amongst the softer ones - but I like it like that! It really stimulates your scalp.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Cracking little light, 18 Mar. 2013
I wish I'd bought this in the first place instead of spending a fortune on a Kindle cover. It's doubly good as you can clip it onto an actual book too.

Braun X'elle EasyStart Body & Face 5580 Epilator
Braun X'elle EasyStart Body & Face 5580 Epilator

4.0 out of 5 stars I must be a wimp, 25 Nov. 2006
I have just used this for the first time. Ouch - it hurts! Perhaps I am really hairy. I had to give up with the 'starter' head because it just took soooo long. I went onto the pro head, but it has still taken the best part of an hour to do my legs and bikini line. I tried my armpits but that was agony, they'll just have to get shaved. Having said that there is virtually no redness on my legs and once I got into it, it wasn't so bad. The little light is excellent for obsessing over a stray hair. Initially it is about the same amount of pain as having a tattoo. BUT I am going to persevere because I think the first time is probably the worst and it should be downhill all the way from now on (I hope). By the way, it sounds like a strimmer and drowns out the telly. It gets four stars because it is cheaper than waxing for the equivalent pain, lasts longer than shaving and means I can go swimming tomorrow without a pant moustache...
So I waited a week and did it again. This time I took off the pointed vibrating massage bits and went for the really close head. Well, that was much better. It still hurts but it's quieter and quicker, speed being of the essence.

Kiki's Delivery Service [DVD]
Kiki's Delivery Service [DVD]
Dvd ~ Hayao Miyazaki

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful, 12 May 2006
Kiki's Delivery Service is a beautiful gentle film, about love and friendship. I love it and so do my children (aged 6 and 3) who watch it again and again. It doesn't have the saccharine cliches of a disney film, or the surreal qualities of Howl's Moving Castle or Spirited Away, but it is a simple story of triumph over adversity that anyone of any age can relate to. Anyone who doesn't enjoy it has missed it's point completely. Like Chihiro, Kiki is a REAL hero for all ages.