Profile for D. Pater > Reviews

Content by D. Pater

D. Pater "madanniel" (UK)

Page: 1 | 2
Holoscenic
Holoscenic

5.0 out of 5 stars surprisingly, or just great!, 14 May 2017
This review is from: Holoscenic (MP3 Download)
I do Like Conjure One, especially the first album. When they released the vinyl this year I decided to buy the remaining CDs, which are all great...
then, I read on Conjure One facebook they were releasing a limited pressing of 'Holoscenic' on CD, the album I never heard before. I was just lured by the 'special' pressing, and to my surprise..this album is AWESOME!!!! Musically, it is a little more 'upbeat,' dance...trance ...pop-ish...modern....but still ambient/chillout enough to remind of the first album everyone fell in love with.
I do agree with other reviewer that the samples do NOT give justice to this album, as I would have not bought it just listening to a few 'snippets'
Comment Comment | Permalink

Universal Tarot Coloring Book
Universal Tarot Coloring Book
by Roberto de Angelis

4.0 out of 5 stars Universal Tarot of 58 cards, 28 Feb. 2017
- nice size of the book (not too big, not too small, as the cards don't take up the whole page, about 12.5cm by 21cm, the rest is a lightly patterned border)
- a short description of the card on the left page (only a few sentences though) and the card to colour on the right,
- a brief explanation of colour associations on the first page
BUT...
- not all cards are included ( only 13 major arcana and 45 minor) which is not bad, but it's not a full deck
- a short introduction mentions: "Like the Magician card reminds us, everything has meaning beyond its appearance...including color" and to your surprise... you WILL NOT even find the Magician to colour in this book.
- the black lines are a bit too thick to my liking

Amazon Echo Dot (2nd Generation), Black
Amazon Echo Dot (2nd Generation), Black

5.0 out of 5 stars I do like it!, 13 Nov. 2016
Echo Dot might not be perfect, but I love it.
It's a pretty cheap way to access the internet radio and online streaming, news, and other information. I do own Roberts internet radio and needed something small, yet powerful for the bedroom. Dot is perfect. I connected it via Bluetooth to external speakers, and it sounds awesome.
Setting up Alexa App was easy. You will need to do a few settings if you want it to be really useful, like enabling some skills (internal apps), choose your commute to check traffic before you set off for work, enable National Rail App to check train times to your favourite stations, choose News Feed for news (with the choice of most popular news agencies) or set up your location for weather reports. It's pretty easy anyway.
I mainly use Dot to stream music from my account, but if you don't buy music from Amazon, you can still upload your own (up to 250 songs I think). You do need to have Spotify Premium to access your account though :(
Tune In ( internet radio app) works well with most popular radio stations around the world, though Alexa seems to be often confused with the names, but you can still choose the stations via the Alexa App on your phone, tablet, pc.
Alexa has a lovely, tender voice and is pretty responsive. Sure, she's not a human (although I guess many people have asked you a few times to repeat what you had said if they didn't understand you) and sometimes gets mixed up what you want her to do, but I would consider her much more flexible and accurate than Siri. Echo Dot is very responsive to your voice/questions, so I don't really understand the negative reviews that people had to shout for Alexa to answer. In a quiet room, you can whisper, and she will get back to you. If you listen to some news or music, you do have to raise your voice (which is understandable, as you have to be louder than the noise around the unit). You do have to learn a few best 'commands' for Alexa to do exactly what you want. She won't read you a story if you haven't bought it from Amazon or Audible. She won't play your favourite artist if you haven't uploaded if beforehand or bought a CD (with auto rip, or the mp3 version). So, if you just think you will buy the unit and she'll do whatever you ask her, you are in for a disappointment.
Once I set up my Dot, I can just relax on a Sunday morning in my bed, whisper to her: Alexa, news flash. Then..:.Play albums by Enigma (of Justin Biebier if you fancy) and she'll do that for you. Then... you just need someone to bring you breakfast to bed!

Drink To Forget
Drink To Forget
Dvd

5.0 out of 5 stars simply GREAT, 2 Nov. 2015
I am only sad season 3-4 have not been released on dvd (yet)
I loved seasons 1-2, but it looks like a real grower and can only say it gets funnier and better towards season 4.
It does look like it's the last season...but I hope it isn't!
It's hilarious, witty, intelligent, with many great actors/actresses showing their alter egoes...which makes it even more 'disturbing' (kind of)
Give it a chance, if you haven't yet. Great and easy evening (or the whole day session) entertainment from Lisa Kudrov!

Sphinx - Egyptian Garden Sculpture / Ornament - Weathered Black
Sphinx - Egyptian Garden Sculpture / Ornament - Weathered Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 1 Sept. 2014
looks really good, great quality

Epson® Compatible ValueView 3D Glasses for RF 3D Projectors. Rechargeable.
Epson® Compatible ValueView 3D Glasses for RF 3D Projectors. Rechargeable.

5.0 out of 5 stars great glasses, great value, compatible with Epson EH TW5910, 1 Sept. 2014
Ordered Hi-shock Epson compatile 3d glasses earlier, twice the price of THIS product, but they turned out to be faulty.
This pair of Epson Compatible ValueView works fine with Epson EH TW5910, looks great, has a decent pouch, and looks like the Hi-SHocks....
Definitelly would recommend.

Canvas Wall Art Prints - Madonna - 90cm X 90cm
Canvas Wall Art Prints - Madonna - 90cm X 90cm

5.0 out of 5 stars not an ordinary Banksy style Madonna painting...., 19 Aug. 2014
Great original 'artistic' design, looks fantastic on the wall, very well made, and will surely not disappoint ANY Madonna fan. Highly recommend!

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars lovely lamp and makes the room look cosy, 19 Aug. 2014
A lovely little lamp (not as little as other reviewers say, about 10.5 inches tall, which is stated in the description) and is pretty well made.
Looks really good, very nice, original design, and isn't difficult to assemble at all. All parts fitted perfectly, and I am not the greatest builder in the world. It took me about 10mins to assemble, you just need a screwdriver, that's all.
The problem might be a small light bulb it takes (one is provided with the lamp), I guess E10, but you can get them on Amazon or ebay.
Gives out a warm light, just enough to brighten up the room and give it a cosy atmosphere, but don't expect it to be a 'reading' lamp.

I'm Not Bossy, I'm The Boss (Deluxe Version)
I'm Not Bossy, I'm The Boss (Deluxe Version)
Offered by skyvo-direct

5.0 out of 5 stars She'll show you how nice a woman can be..., 15 Aug. 2014
Well, I am Sinead fan...but the album is VERY VERY GOOD, and you will definitelly love it, if you give it a good listen. LOTS of standing out, catchy/quiet/angry/ and/or loud songs, powerful vocals and good lyrics. You couldn't ask for more.

And...make sure you get the deluxe edition, even just for the nice packaging (non plastic, digipack in the UK, really cool booklet with lyrics, pictures, and some 'stories') but I guess the album would NOT be complete without a pretty 'sweet' number 13 (bonus) song, my favourite really.

Beautiful Planet - England & The Low Countries [Blu-ray] [2012] [US Import]
Beautiful Planet - England & The Low Countries [Blu-ray] [2012] [US Import]

1.0 out of 5 stars beware, 7 April 2013
...how do I start?
You look at the cover, read the title, that it is supposed to be a REALLY nice 'documentary' with beautiful pictures and great information as it is supposed to be a "visual journey around the worl in STUNNING high-definition." That's why I bought it.

ok...about the stunning high-definition:
it's barely a DVD quality, far from stunning, and most or maybe even all shots are taken on a dull clouded day. I do know we don't get much sun in the UK, but we sometimes DO. The makers of the film could and SHOULD have waited for a much better weather and could have bothered cleaning the lense of the camera. Yes! You can actually see the smudge and dust on the camera!!!

the content:
Britain is a beautiful, green place, with many ancient ruins, great architecture, stunning landmarks. And what do they show on the film? I watched about 15mins of the 1st part- about Kew Gardens. Boring nattarion, boring information, boring camera shots, dull dark shots, irritationg camera move shows bad quality of the equipment it was recorded on (as if it was taken by 10 frames per second film). I couldn't stand it, so I forwarded it to the next part. London- tour around Houses of Parliament.Boring information, boring shots from OUTSIDE of the place, quality of the passer bvideo camera, with the boring narration of a woman,as if she was reading from a Wikipedia, again on a dull day.
Sorry, I could take only 5 mins of watching it and jumped straight to this review to warn all the potential buyers.
Please don't waste your time or money, it isn't worth a penny.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 25, 2013 1:10 PM GMT