Profile for R. Robbins > Reviews

Content by R. Robbins

R. Robbins (Swansea, UK)

Earfit Foam Ear Plugs 2 Pairs (Pack of 6)
Earfit Foam Ear Plugs 2 Pairs (Pack of 6)
Offered by Activecare Online

5.0 out of 5 stars Best ear plugs on the market!, 25 Aug. 2011
I've tried a lot of ear plugs in my time, and these are by far the best - they effectively block noise, are comfortable and last a fair while before needing replacing. I can't sleep without them!

Jose Eber Curling Irons 19mm with Kevlar glove
Jose Eber Curling Irons 19mm with Kevlar glove

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful curls that last!, 26 April 2010
I was initally dubious about buying this product, thinking that it would be yet another curling appliance that would end up in the loft after just one go. However I was pleasantly surprised - it has got to be the easiest and fastest way to get curls ever! The wand is easy to wind my hair around, and my whole head only took 10-15 minutes to do. The curls are beautiful ringlets that last a good couple of days until I need to wash my hair again. The glove is definitely a must, and be very careful not to touch your skin with the wand tip - I now have a lovely mark on my neck as a result of a slight lapse of concentration! Apart from that, I would definitely recommend this product.

Bewitched Accessories Pashmina Style Scarf In Black
Bewitched Accessories Pashmina Style Scarf In Black
Offered by Kuldip LTD

4.0 out of 5 stars Great accessory, 28 Oct. 2009
This is the second one of these I've bought, this time for a wedding. A nice wrap-around which is very soft and surprisingly warm. Needs a wash before using though as the colour stained my skin!

Bewitched Accessories Crinkle Fabric Clutch Purse With Bead Detail And Wrist Strap In Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for a wedding, 28 Oct. 2009
I bought this clutch bag for a wedding and it went perfectly with my outfit. For something I'll only use once or twice its nice not to have to pay the earth!

I Can Make You Thin
I Can Make You Thin
by Paul McKenna

5.0 out of 5 stars Thank you thank you thank you!, 10 Oct. 2009
This review is from: I Can Make You Thin (Paperback)
I'm one of those people that has been chunky all my life. And being only 5'1", the extra weight really shows! I hit 12st a few years back and thought: that's it, something needs to be done. First I opted for pretty much starving myself, which I would NOT recommend, and although I lost a stone, it didn't really show. I then discovered running which helped me shed another stone, and I started looking a lot healthier. Even though my target was 9st, I plateaued around the 10st mark, not managing to budge the last stone.
Then earlier this year Paul McKenna's book was mentioned to me. I bought it, read it through, and thought: it makes so much sense! So with the combination of the four golden rules and regular running, I've finally shifted the last stone! The weight loss has worked out as more or less a pound a week, which I believe is a healthy rate. I've dropped 2 dress sizes, feel so much healthier and happier with my body, and have had countless positive comments! I also now have a much better relationship with food, and my cravings have more or less disappeared.
I really do recommend this book to anyone who wants to shift any amount of weight. Yes, it is just common sense, but I needed Mr McKenna to knock it into me :-)

Apple iPod Shuffle 2GB - Pink
Apple iPod Shuffle 2GB - Pink

5.0 out of 5 stars Does exactly what it says on the tin, 27 May 2009
I bought this iPod because of its size and convenience when going for a run. Previously I have had to hold my mp3 player which is a bit of a pain when running, but with this one I just clip it to my shorts, keeping my hands free! Not at all worried about not having a screen as I never really looked at my old mp3 players one, and I know my playlists inside out anyway. Apart from an initial hitch with the software (my fault entirely) I'm really happy with this product :)

iPod Shuffle Mains Charger for New Generation Apple iPod Shuffle (Launched 2010)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great charger for people on the go!, 1 May 2009
Having just bought a 2gig iPod 4nd gen I thought I'd need to have a mobile way of charging it. My last charger fried my 2nd gen iPod but this one seems to work perfectly! I also like the fact that it connects via USB. Definitely a bargain :)

Spider Catcher
Spider Catcher
Offered by a1 Toys

5.0 out of 5 stars Money well spent!, 20 April 2009
This review is from: Spider Catcher (Kitchen & Home)
This is without doubt one of the best purchases I've ever made. There's no longer any need for the ol' cup-and-cardboard trick to get rid of those pesky spiders - hats off to the inventor! :)