Profile for Jane Porter > Reviews

Content by Jane Porter

Jane Porter "Jane E Porter (artist)" (UK)

Page: 1 | 2
Paper Tape Gummed Tamper-evident Grade K60 48mmx200m
Paper Tape Gummed Tamper-evident Grade K60 48mmx200m

5.0 out of 5 stars Paper Gummed Tape, 7 April 2014
This tape is excellent for stretching heavy watercolour paper. It's good quality and great value. I would definitely buy again.

L'Oreal Nature's Therapy Mega Strength Deep Treatment 235 ml
L'Oreal Nature's Therapy Mega Strength Deep Treatment 235 ml

3.0 out of 5 stars Not Rich Enough, 8 Nov. 2012
I normally use Kerastase Masque but thought I'd try one of L'Oreals other products to save some money. It was a false economy. My hair is very thick, long, dry and coloured so this conditioner didn't measure up.

My hair is very demanding so I have given it three stars as Nature's Therapy wasn't bad, just not good enough unfortunately.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Colour and Easy to Apply, 8 Nov. 2012
I really like this product as it has no smell, goes on evenly with a mit, doesn't streak and is quite a natural colour. My only criticism is that it fades really quickly.

It is tinted, making it easy to see what you are doing and you look instantly brown which is great. Unfortunately, it lightens the first time you shower. Apart from that, it's very good and I would buy it again.

Definitely need to moisturise first.

Illustration 101 - Streetwise Tactics for Surviving as a Freelance Illustrator
Illustration 101 - Streetwise Tactics for Surviving as a Freelance Illustrator
by Max Scratchmann

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Read with Loads of Information, 5 April 2012
I really enjoyed this book and found it to be full of useful information. It's direct and to the point so you don't have to wade through masses of text. It's also humorous making it an enjoyable read. I learned a lot and would recommend it.

Kitchen Craft Le'Xpress Whistling Kettle - Black, 2.4 Litre
Kitchen Craft Le'Xpress Whistling Kettle - Black, 2.4 Litre

4.0 out of 5 stars Kitchen Craft Le'Xpress Whistling Kettle, 16 Sept. 2010
I ordered this kettle which I'm really pleased with. Unfortunately it arrived with a small dent in it and i left feedback on the Amazon site to that effect. The seller (Emporium) contacted me immediately offering me a replacement. I thought this was great customer service which I really appreciated.

Fly London Women's Palm Wedge Heel Purple/Camel P500120004 5 UK
Fly London Women's Palm Wedge Heel Purple/Camel P500120004 5 UK

5.0 out of 5 stars High But Comfortable, 9 Sept. 2010
I'm really pleased with these shoes. They are high, higher than all my other shoes but they are really comfortable and they look great. The straps across the front are velcro which was a pleasant surprise as I had envisaged having to do and undo all those buckles to get them off and on.

Color Mixing Recipes for Portraits: More Than 500 Color Combinations for Skin, Eyes, Lips & Hair (Color Mixing Recipes)
by William F. Powell
Edition: Spiral-bound

2.0 out of 5 stars So Complicated, 31 July 2009
I am a professional artist and mix colour intuitively. However, I am always looking to improve so I bought this book. I found it so complicated and hard to understand. I wouldn't recommend this book to anyone.

I have Portraits from Life in 29 Steps by John Sanden. The portraits are really cheesy and everyone looks pretty orange, however, technically the man is really good, as is the section on colour mixing. The colours are way too orange for me, must be the American tan, so i cool them by adding blues and greens (French Ultramarine, Cerulean and Viridian). He does demonstrate how to cool and heat up colours. I prefer my people to look less tangoed and I rarely paint from life. It's difficult to find good books on colour mixing and, particularly painting the head but John Sanden's is pretty good.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars This is Really Good, 31 July 2009
My hair was really wrecked and I used this and the Keraphix together for a while and they made a great difference.

My hair is naturally dry, very thick, course and wavy (poor me) and this stuff give it a lot of moisture.

I'd highly recommend it. Oh my Mum was going through a damaged hair spell after using a lousy hair colour. I gave here some of the Humectress to use for a few goes and she noticed a huge difference.

Nexxus Reconstructor 399 ml Keraphix
Nexxus Reconstructor 399 ml Keraphix

5.0 out of 5 stars It's Really Good, 31 July 2009
My hair was wrecked from lots of bleaching and I used this along with the Humectress and it really did make a difference.

My hair is naturally dry, course and wavy and i have found this product to be really moisturising.

The Firm - Bootcamp Maximum Calorie Burn [DVD]
The Firm - Bootcamp Maximum Calorie Burn [DVD]

2.0 out of 5 stars I Didn't Like It, 31 July 2009
I really didn't like this DVD I'm afraid. I thought she was just so cheesy. She kept saying, that feels nice and it just turned me right off. The workout is good I guess but I could only bear to watch it once. I have Nell McAndrew's Max. Impact which is tough, without the pretentiousness. Ministry of Sound Pump It Up is good fun and Tracy Anderson's Mat workout is good and tough. I'm now trying to sell this DVD as I know I won't be able to watch it again. I did consider working out to it with the sound turned off but have decided to find another one instead.

Page: 1 | 2