Profile for W. Osborne > Reviews

Content by W. Osborne

W. Osborne (London, England)

Page: 1 | 2
The Five Realms: The Legend of Podkin One-Ear
The Five Realms: The Legend of Podkin One-Ear
by Kieran Larwood

5.0 out of 5 stars This book will have you caught like a rabbit in a trap!, 11 Oct. 2016
I was given this book to read as a pre-release and absolutely loved it. I have read it 4 times already. You can read my full review here on my blog: roooreviews.wordpress.com/2016/09/23/book-review-podkin-one-ear-by-kieran-larwood/

The Littlest Viking
The Littlest Viking
by Sandi Toksvig

3.0 out of 5 stars Not so great., 23 Oct. 2014
This review is from: The Littlest Viking (Paperback)
Bought it because it was written by Sandi Toksvig who I like, but it's a big rubbish really. Doesn't really make sense, no real story or plot. I was bored reading it to my 8 year old. She was bored listening. 'Do we have to have this again tonight Mummy?'

Troll Blood (Troll Trilogy)
Troll Blood (Troll Trilogy)

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant trilogy, 23 Oct. 2014
Brilliant - read this review: [...]

Troll Mill (Troll Trilogy)
Troll Mill (Troll Trilogy)

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant Trilogy, 23 Oct. 2014
Brilliant - read this review: [...]

Troll Fell (Troll Trilogy)
Troll Fell (Troll Trilogy)

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant! I loved it., 23 Oct. 2014
The best book about Viking mythology EVER! Read this review: http://roooreviews.wordpress.com/2014/08/10/book-review-troll-fell-by-katherine-langrish/

Garmin Nuvi 205WT 4.3" Sat Nav with UK and Ireland Maps and Free Lifetime Traffic

1.0 out of 5 stars Will only speak Afrikaans to me!, 23 Oct. 2014
The worst one I have ever bought. It has been back to the service centre 3 times and it is still crap. Takes 15 mins to turn on and load maps! And whenever I turn it on, she either refuses to speak to me at all because she is in a sulk (we call her Gertie Garmin), or she speaks Afrikaans! I am quite good at Afrikaans now and if I became lost in the middle of South Africa, I could quite easily ask for directions! Draai links, draai regs...

Interestingly, this was a great satnav, until I was forced to do an update online, and since then it has never worked properly.

Harry's Magic Tables: Teach Your Child Their Times Tables in as Little as a Week!
by Stephanie Moraghan

4.0 out of 5 stars Good book, but...., 23 Oct. 2014
Good book for 'English' brain children, but there is a flaw. My daughter is esceptionally good at English, so the learning of Times Tables in Rhyming Poems works for her. I say 3 x 4? And she says 'Elves = 12'. Great, but. It is not getting her to see the patterns in maths. She is merely learning poems by rote. She cannot 'see' that 2 x 6 is half of 4 x 6 or 3 x 3 and 4 x 4 are both cubed numbers for example. So, I would say great for starters, but then she really has to learn the patterns between the numbers.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 16, 2015 10:50 PM BST

Prym L - XL Ironing Board Cover with cm Scale
Prym L - XL Ironing Board Cover with cm Scale

1.0 out of 5 stars Design Flaw, 23 Oct. 2014
Dreadful! I couldn't understand why my measurements were always out, but it makes sense to me now. If you over-stretch or under-stretch the cover on the board, the 1cm squares will not be 1cm will they? They might be 1.2cm near the middle of the board and 0.9cm near the edge! See? What a waste of £25. DO NOT BUY.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 9, 2016 4:04 PM BST

Roberts Radio CR9971 Chronologic Vi Dual Alarm Clock Radio with Instant Time Set

1.0 out of 5 stars Time is ALWAYS INCORRECT, 23 Oct. 2014
ALWAYS the WRONG time. And it's getting worse the longer I have it. It is now 4 minutes slow. It is NOT radio-controlled. Amazon should update their listing. The Roberts Customer Service Man has just confided this to me. Looks like I am going to have to buy another alarm clock to replace this piece of rubbish. Don't waste your money. See this forum: [...]
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 3, 2015 10:48 AM GMT

Costume 1066 to the Present: A Complete Guide to English Costume Design and History
by John Peacock

3.0 out of 5 stars Very limited, 10 Jun. 2013
Lovely line drawing of pictures, but that's it. No descriptions of the garments of what they were made from etc. Also, the pictures are all the same size. No in depth pictures of hats or specific areas of dress.

Also, a big negative is that the costumes are all from the elite side of society. If you wanted to know what the common man/woman wore instead of kings and queens, you are out of luck. I think I will try to get a better book.

Page: 1 | 2