Profile for Eddie L > Reviews

Content by Eddie L

Eddie L (London, UK)

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Great!, 26 Aug. 2015
Works really well, never any problems connecting. The button melts off my dashboard in the heat but sticks back on, it comes with another sticker bit too. Great solution if you lack built in bluetooth in your car.

2016 Upgraded Wireless Charger [Slide Terminator] - CHOE QI Wireless Charging Pad for Galaxy Note 7, Note 5, S6 Edge+/S6/S6 Edge/S7 Edge, Nexus 4/5/6,Nokia Lumia 950xl and Lumia 950 and All Qi-Enabled Devices
Offered by CHOETECH

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value for money., 26 Aug. 2015
Seems to work very well with my Samsung Galaxy S6 even through a thick-ish case. Looks good too. Be aware that you need a 2A wall charger though (well it says between 1.5-2.0) for it to work well.

Also the blue light that comes on when charging it VERY bright. Not the sort of thing that bothers me when trying to sleep but if it does you then be aware of that. I'm sure a bit of duct tape or something would solve the problem though.

Great price wouldn't hesitate to recommend.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Exactly what I was looking for., 30 July 2014
Just received this today and have to say I'm really impressed! The case is made of good quality materials and the keyboard is brilliant. I thought it would be quite jarring initially and really hard to type on but actually found it good from the get go and after a few more hours using it I'm sure it will become second nature even though it's about half the size of a regular keyboard. I've always found typing on the iPad screen to be not that great and you lose half of the screen space to the keyboard but this solves this problem. I don't have particularly large hands however.

It's also extremely easy to set up. Two button presses on the keyboard, a few taps on the screen and entering the code shown and you're connected. The keyboard is magnetic and sticks to the case and it all fits together into and extremely neat package when closed. I really like that you can remove the keyboard from the case and that they are two separate things. The case can be used to stand the iPad up and a number of different angles and works well. The outside of the case is stylish and has a textured plastic kind of feel to it.

The only negative I would have is that although the keyboard is very light the case itself is quite heavy and makes the whole thing with an iPad in it quite hefty, but nothing crazy, just something you might what to be aware of.

Overall this exactly what I was looking for, a new case with a good keyboard for a decent price. I would thoroughly recommend!

Harbour Housewares Full Size Hot Water Bottle With Knitted Cover - Red
Harbour Housewares Full Size Hot Water Bottle With Knitted Cover - Red
Offered by Rinkit Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good., 24 Jan. 2014
Good standard hot water bottle, can't ask for much more really. Good size, doesn't leak. Maybe a bit pricey but it looks good and does the job which I know some of the cheaper ones don't

Bravely Default (3DS)
Bravely Default (3DS)
Offered by Turbotrance

5.0 out of 5 stars If you love the old style FF/J-RPG games you'll love this, 24 Jan. 2014
This review is from: Bravely Default (3DS) (Video Game)
Pretty much an old Final Fantasy game with a new title and it's so good. If you love those types of games as much as I do you'll love this. The battle system is turn based but changed up just enough to keep the whole thing fresh and very strategic, but it still feels very familiar and veterans will quickly get stuck in. Basically there are two new actions "Brave" and "Default". Brave allows you to do an action more than once in that turn but at the cost that you have to wait as many turns to recover or you can default to receive less damage and built up attacks.

The story is pretty good, not amazing but interesting enough.

The job system is cool, lots of different jobs and the way to master this game is to make sure you have the right combination of jobs/abilities.

A really cool thing about this game is that you can edit things like the encounter rate on the fly. Think your party is strong enough and the random encounters are getting annoying? You can turn it down. Need to grind? Turn it up a bit. You can also have the Japanese voice acting if the english one annoys you but I think it's pretty decent. I'm about 40 hours in and I know there's still many more hours to go.

Seriously this is probably one my favourite games on the system along with Fire Emblem and Pokemon. If you are a J-RPG buy it!

BioShock Infinite (Xbox 360)
BioShock Infinite (Xbox 360)
Offered by Game Trade Online

5.0 out of 5 stars Best game I've played in a while., 28 April 2013
Excellent story and game play. Finished it in just two days because I just couldn't stop playing. Just buy it! You wont regret it!

number9dream
number9dream
by David Mitchell

4.0 out of 5 stars Very Good, 15 Feb. 2010
This review is from: number9dream (Paperback)
I actually enjoyed the book alot. It takes a while to get into but the book really shines in the last few chapters. I've never read any of David Mitchell's books before and I don't know if his writing style is the same but it does get some getting used to. The book is more of a collection of stories rather then one and it can be confusing at some points.

This was a complete impulse buy because it was about tokyo and was a coming of age story and I wasn't disappointed. The book can be very funny at some points but also very dark and scary at others.

I would definitely recommend this book to anyone who has a particular interest in Japan. I thoroughly good read!