Profile for Mr. K Parkin > Reviews

Content by Mr. K Parkin

Mr. K Parkin

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Viners Stainless Steel Sauté Pan Non-Stick Ceramic Interior with Glass Lid - Suitable For All Hobs including Induction 30cm/ 3.96L.
Offered by CLIFFORD JAMES

5.0 out of 5 stars Cooks Delight., 19 Aug. 2017
My wife is a good cook and appreciates quality cookware, so she asked me to buy this for her.
She is 'over the moon' with this sauté pan and rates it very highly. It is sturdy, well made and cooks food to perfection, using the gas hob on a low setting.
We do not put it in the dishwasher as per the manufacturers recommendation but it is easily cleaned by hand washing.
My wife recommends it so it must be good.

Wooden Salt Pepper Mills Set Grinders 8 inch Spice Grinders Hand Shaker Cruet Strong Adjustable Ceramic Core (2 Pack)
Offered by Cexpress

5.0 out of 5 stars Salt and Pepper., 19 Aug. 2017
Though 'early days' I am pleased with these items. They are both functioning well (especially the pepper mill) and look good on our dining table.
From my previous experience pepper mills do not last very long before they fail, only 'time will tell' if they last the course but in the interim I am fully satisfied with them.

DP1570 Giant Telescopic Pole - Darlac Expert Tree Pruning Range
DP1570 Giant Telescopic Pole - Darlac Expert Tree Pruning Range
Offered by armchairgardener

5.0 out of 5 stars Extend the Cut., 19 Aug. 2017
Very sturdy and well made telescopic pruning pole that is ideal for reaching those high overhanging branches that the cheaper telescopic poles cannot reach.
I obviously also bought the Darlac saw and pruning attachments that accompanies this pole and am very pleased with my purchases.
The pole is not flimsy but when the pruning device is attached, when fully extended to it's full 5 metre length it is relatively heavy and unwieldy.
I am fully satisfied with these products and though not cheap they are certainly less expensive than employing a tree surgeon.

DP1565 Heavy Duty Saw Attachment - Darlac Expert Tree Pruning Range
DP1565 Heavy Duty Saw Attachment - Darlac Expert Tree Pruning Range
Offered by Perfect Home Products

5.0 out of 5 stars I'm a Lumberjack and I Don't Care., 19 Aug. 2017
Excellent, well made item that accompanies the Darlac telescopic pole. I have used this to cut down some high overhanging branches in my garden with excellent results.
It is designed not to flex and 'jump out' of a 'sawing cut' like cheaper telescopic pole saws but I found that though cutting through thicker branches of 3 inches or more the saw was very efficient and stayed in the 'sawing cut', when attempting to cut through thinner branches of between 1 to 3 inches (that was too thick for the pruning device to cut) the saw did 'jump out', which is very frustrating.
Also I would advise wearing a hard hat and safety goggles when cutting down branches which are deceptively heavy when felled.

DP1583 Heavy Duty Geared Anvil Tree Pruner - Darlac Expert Tree Pruning Range
DP1583 Heavy Duty Geared Anvil Tree Pruner - Darlac Expert Tree Pruning Range
Offered by Perfect Home Products

4.0 out of 5 stars The First Cut is the Deepest., 19 Aug. 2017
Impressively well made piece of kit whose sturdiness puts other telescopic tree pruners in the shade.
I bought this Darlac model because I have very high overhanging branches in my garden that my existing Draper pruner could not reach.
Instead of the usual 'bypass' action this pruner has an 'anvil' action that cuts the branches.
I have given it 4 stars because it will not cut through a 2 inch thick branch as advertised because after trying to cut a branch of approximately that thickness it became stuck. I spent a few frantic minutes before eventually dislodging it. I would not try to cut through branches any more than 1 inch thick, any thicker I would recommend using the saw attachment..
Also as others have commented, when extended to it's maximum length of 5 metres the pruner can be quite heavy and unwieldy.
Overall I am very pleased with it, it has enabled me to reach those high overhanging branches that have up-to-now eluded me.

Woodland Wooden Wheelbarrow Planter Garden Ornament
Woodland Wooden Wheelbarrow Planter Garden Ornament
Offered by Oasis Gardening

5.0 out of 5 stars Patio Planter., 20 May 2017
Easy to assemble, looks good on our patio and not too large, thus will not cost a fortune to stock up with bedding plants.

TOGU 3828YG-AB Brass UL Listed 220-degree Door Viewer with Heavy Duty Privacy Cover for 1-3/5" to 2-1/6" Doors, Antique Bronze Finish

5.0 out of 5 stars Eye Spy., 20 May 2017
I bought this door viewer after having an unpleasant encounter on our doorstep with a 'cold-caller' hawker and I am very pleased and impressed with it.
It is unobtrusive and looks stylish on both the outside and inside of our front door. Callers can be clearly be seen and range of vision when looking through the viewer is very good.
I found it easy to fit and used a hole-saw to drill through the door. I drilled halfway through the door until the drill bit came out at the other side and then drilled through the other side, meeting the hole in the middle. This was to avoid ragged edges to the door if I had drilled through in one operation.
I have no hesitation in recommending this door viewer and is a must to ensure you only open your door to persons you trust.

Grate Bottom Centre Riddling for Morso Squirrel 1410 1430 1440
Grate Bottom Centre Riddling for Morso Squirrel 1410 1430 1440
Offered by The Solid Fuel Advisory Service

5.0 out of 5 stars Grate News., 20 May 2017
I bought this to replace our fire grate which had broken up into pieces.
I noticed this was considerably cheaper than other grates advertised on Amazon and on other sites but being a 'tight-wad' decided to have a punt on this grate.
Initial impressions are that it appears to be well made, sturdy and it fits our Morso Squirrel perfectly. I cannot fault it but of course whether it will last as long as more expensive grates only time will tell.
However I am very pleased with the grate and would recommend it.

Waddingtons No. 1 Playing Cards Twin Pack (Red/ Blue)
Waddingtons No. 1 Playing Cards Twin Pack (Red/ Blue)
Offered by R & S Supplies Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Play Your Cards Right., 15 May 2017
Good value playing cards at a competitive price.

2 x Flush 50mm hinges polished brass effect with finial ends
2 x Flush 50mm hinges polished brass effect with finial ends
Offered by Overstock Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Hinge of Fate., 15 May 2017
Great little hinges, they do 'exactly what they say on the tin'. Good value.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20