Profile for Jen > Reviews

Jen (Spain)

Page: 1 | 2
Toni & Guy TGIR1920UK Reverse Conical Wand Curling Tong
Toni & Guy TGIR1920UK Reverse Conical Wand Curling Tong

5.0 out of 5 stars It is a fantastic curler which gives beautiful waves or curls that last ..., 14 Oct. 2014
It gets really hot and I burnt my ear and neck but more due to my carelessness than the appliance. It is a fantastic curler which gives beautiful waves or curls that last all day and evening, I have never had curls stay in my below shoulder length hair in the past but this curler does the trick, I love it, curly is the new straight for me! make sure you wear the glove!

Oxford Reading Tree Read With Biff, Chip, and Kipper: My Phonics Kit
Oxford Reading Tree Read With Biff, Chip, and Kipper: My Phonics Kit
by Laura Sharp

4.0 out of 5 stars great for phonics, 25 Mar. 2014
I use this in my lessons to teach English children in Spain how to read and write English, it gives good phonics that are useful and easily explained, this would also be a good resource for parents wanting to teach their children, the only downside is that you cannot photocopy two sides of the book on one A4 page. Other than that it's a useful resource with stickers which my children love.

Picture Words Bingo Board Game
Picture Words Bingo Board Game
Offered by Beststickers

4.0 out of 5 stars good game for tefl, 6 Dec. 2013
There are lots of picture cards so plenty of children can play however I find the overall quality not great, I am going to laminate the word cards or they will soon start to look tatty and the counters aren't great quality however I have plastic counters so don't need to use these, the plastic ones are cheap enough to buy. The word cards do not have pictures on them just the words so are only suitable for older learners, however I used them with a class of 10-11 yr olds and they got along fine, learning some new words along the way, the words being printed under the picture on the bingo cards helps. However with no pics on the word cards and the names printed under the pictures on the bingo cards the age group that this can be used with is limited. It is good fun and a good price, when the only other one I saw was more than double, a bit of laminating and this will be a useful addition to my lesson bag.

Tinderbox Games Scrabble Junior Giant Puzzle
Tinderbox Games Scrabble Junior Giant Puzzle

4.0 out of 5 stars good game, 23 Nov. 2013
the jigsaw is quite big which means there is a level of skill needed however younger children will need quite a bit if help with completing it. However it also means it takes a while to complete and so worth the money .

Scrabble Original Board Game
Scrabble Original Board Game

4.0 out of 5 stars great game, 23 Nov. 2013
This review is from: Scrabble Original Board Game (Toy)
I bought this to teach English and it is enjoyed by all my students but it's also a great family game,I'm all in favour of getting people off computers and passing time together. I bought it with the dictionary to stop any word arguments!!

Early Learning Flash Cards (Brighter Child Flash Cards)
Early Learning Flash Cards (Brighter Child Flash Cards)
by Brighter Child
Edition: Toy

4.0 out of 5 stars useful, 18 Nov. 2013
for ESL the picture cards have proved very useful, not used the others yet but can see how they could also help. bright and colourful and good quality card.

Practice Makes Perfect Complete Spanish Grammar, 2nd Edition (Practice Makes Perfect Series)
by Gilda Nissenberg

4.0 out of 5 stars handy to have, 18 Nov. 2013
A useful addition to any Spanish learning library, useful and easy to read, handy sections enable the reader to look up whatever they need quickly and easily.

Oxford Spanish Dictionary
Oxford Spanish Dictionary
by Oxford Dictionaries

5.0 out of 5 stars for experienced speakers/advanced learners, 18 Nov. 2013
A great dictionary containing all you need, everything you expect from Oxford, however for more basic learners I would recommend a smaller dictionary which explains translations more simply. However for advanced learners it is perfect.

Jolly Phonics Alternative Spelling & Alphabet Posters: in Precursive Letters (BE)
by Sue Lloyd
Edition: Poster

5.0 out of 5 stars useful, 18 Nov. 2013
Very useful addition to my classroom, has helped several times with pronunciation classes, of course just a poster but very handy all the same.

Boggle Reinvention
Boggle Reinvention

4.0 out of 5 stars great game, 18 Nov. 2013
This review is from: Hasbro A0421 - Game (Toy)
a fun way to pass time, I use it in my ESL lessons for younger learners, and they enjoy it as a filler game in between real work!

Page: 1 | 2